main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics A/V Rogue One #1-6 (Comic Book Adaptation) (6/6 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by starocean90, Jan 12, 2017.

1. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    The Steela part made me feel so happy and so sad at the same time.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    You know what worked for me? The single flashback panel of Jyn's face juxtaposed with Galen when Cassian decides not to shoot Galen. I kind of liked how it was framed almost exactly like how the Galen panel was so, to me, it finally gives a concrete motivation for Cassian not to put Galen down, simply because when he looks at him, he's seeing Jyn.

Also there was a funny, if maybe not intentional, moment when Baze and Chrriut says that Jyn "She shines" which makes her sound like a beautiful being and then exactly the next panel she does one of the most brutal Stormtrooper murders in possibly the entire Star Wars series by tossing the Stormtrooper off the bridge to his death.

3. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'm excited for this to release in full hardback form. I like what I'm reading in this thread, sounds like some great additions to an already amazing movie!

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Preview for Rogue One #4
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WMIRTUTSF, Barriss_Coffee and Daneira like this.
  5. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    These look good, but I think I'll wait until the entire set is released as one book and download it digitally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    There is websites that upload comics where you can view them.

The art is often hit and miss which can be annoying.

Am still perplexed that if Cassian had Galen in his sights who was right near Krennic then why not just take a kill shot at Krennic instead. A lot of the problem would've been solved right there. Even Baz had both Krennic and Galen in his sight and contemplation. I can see not Baz taking the shot cause he's a holy warrior and all but Cassian is a hardened soldier and secret agent assassin type.

Vialco likes this.
  7. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Killing Krennic achieves nothing. Plus, Cassian didn't even know who he was.

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Actually, I think the novel implied Cassian did know who he was, but that Krennic was so unimportant that killing him would've been a waste of time. [face_laugh]

BigAl6ft6 and Vialco like this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Find that hard to believe seeing that Director Krennic importance in the film and the overall impact he had in the development of the superweapon project that went on for a long time and who knows what else.

http://ew.com/gallery/rogue-one-characters/director-orson-krennic-ben-mendelsohn/

In the film he's certainly a high ranking Imperial official and up there in importance certainly. So taking the shot would've eliminated one of their important people. It also brings up another question, what importance would killing Erso had have that late in the game, none really, so either him or Krennic or both would've been ideal targets just to eliminate them. But in this fictional galactic world, how feasible would've it been, as the Empire has access to cloning tech. So why couldnt the Empire just Clone small armies of Galen Erso's to work on their project(s). Look at Cylo,lol. Atleast the Dune series was not afraid of using clones(called Gholas).

10. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    By the time of Krennic's arrival on Eadu, the Director's role was superflous. The Death Star was already complete and fully operational. Krennic wasn't needed anymore. Killing him on Eadu would gain the Rebel Alliance nothing.

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    DV in the bacta tank is skipped / not shown in this issue. But from some weird unknown reason we are shown DV watching Krennic's shuttle leave.

I liked the add/extra dialogue with Bodhi & K2 AND later Bodhi & Jyn. The comic is a constant reminder on how much more character development was needed in the movie that we didn't get.

I also liked the extra Mon Mothma dialogue with Jyn outside of the "war" room even though it appears to make Jyn more passive. It made me feel like Jyn went into the meeting because Mon Mothma had to stoke the fire under her butt to do so, therefore in this instance, as nice as it is to get these extra character development panels, I'm glad it wasn't included in the final movie assuming it was shot or just added here in the comic because it may have been in the book.

Rogue One scene still feels forced. Wished the writers could have written in the word Rogue somewhere earlier in the script instead of using the word Hope 20 times. Maybe that scene would have made more sense.

DelRiego likes this.
  12. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Thanks for the warning. And to think I was considering buying this issue.

13. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I liked the extra scenes, too. Especially The Krennic/Galen flashbacks. I really hoped we would see more of Vader's castle but they even skipped the bacta scene. This is a disappointment.

DelRiego and Vialco like this.
  14. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    So we got a modified version of the "It's a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel." line.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I can't believe that this issue included events and dialogue from Catalyst. Nicely done there.

Vthuil likes this.
  16. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I wonder if that 'Rebel' line from this issue was meant to take place at the same point in the story as the 'I Rebel' line from the trailers?

17. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The "I Rebel" from the movie trailers appear to take place when Jyn is first brought in front of Mon Mothma, Cassian, and others before being briefed about Jedha and Saw.

18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It's possible the "I rebel!" line was just for the trailers like the TIE fighter shot.

But, horray, a light change but we have the "This is a Rebellion, isn't it? Let's rebel!" as a part of canon now!!! It actually happened! :_| Favourite part of the issue.

I will say, like when I first watched the movie, I do like that the Rebel Council is still sorta in Republic / Imperial Senate mode, endlessly debating and not getting anything done so Jyn and Co. have to actually do something. you can take the senators out of the senate and make them a Rebel Council but they're still bickering senators, dangit. Democracy in Star Wars kinda stinks, doesn't it?

Daneira likes this.
  19. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Democracy is not perfect but it's better than the alternative. Democracy is the best form of government in a galaxy far far away. It just needs its most valuable supporters to make it viable.

[​IMG]

20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    They do make with the squabbling a lot, though. the Old Republic had so much bickering it led to a Separatist succession movement. Even when faced with something called a freakin' "Death Star", the Senators (soon to be former Senators) and higher up muckity mucks of The Council (who are still in Senator mode) can't agree on a course of action and it takes "Rogue One" (and, y'know, Admiral Raddus taking off with all the booms) to get them going. The New Republic has it's own internal divisions and they don't clamp down on the First Order so they get blown up. Anakin spewing authoritarian dogma to Padme on Naboo actually started to sound sensible considering what happens to democratic debate in a galaxy far far away

ANAKIN: I don't think the system works.
    PADME: How would you have it work?
    ANAKIN: We need a system where the politicians sit down and discuss the problems, agree what's in the best interests of all the people, and then do it.
    PADME: That is exactly what we do. The trouble is that people don't always agree. In fact, they hardly ever do.
    ANAKIN: Then they should be made to.
    PADME: By whom? Who's going to make them?
    ANAKIN: I don't know. Someone.
    PADME: You?
    ANAKIN: Of course not me.
    PADME: But someone.
    ANAKIN: Someone wise.
    PADME: That sounds an awful lot like a dictatorship to me.
    ANAKIN: Well, if it works...

Darth Kickass and Daneira like this.
  21. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    That secessionist movement was created and masterminded by a pair of Sith Lords. Without their machinations and manipulations it would never have come into existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Eh, not so sure about that. The war probably wouldn't have happened without Sith Lord intervention. But the Senate was bogged down in procedure and endless debates and planetary conflict even before Palpatine was elected Chancellor. The fact that the democracy isn't working is a reason it becomes the Empire in the first place.

23. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    The war only existed because of the Sith. Without them there wouldn't even have been a Confederacy. Take Darth Sidious out of the equation and there's no droid army or clone army. The worlds that seceded would have remained in the Republic and resolved their differences peacefully with ten thousand Jedi Knights to keep the peace.

The Republic worked as a government. It was only when the Sith began to interfere that things began to fall apart. Had Mace succeeded in removing Palpatine from office, the Republic would have endured and become again what it was supposed to be.

24. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    The best, but perhaps not the most stable? Unlike in human history democracy has existed for centuries in the GFFA and it still collapsed in crisis.

25. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    No government could withstand the machinations of the greatest Sith Lord in history. There was a supernatural being involved that could see the future and influence people's minds. That's not something normal people can stand against.

Cynda, Barriss_Coffee and Jedi Ben like this.