main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Rogue One: could Disney want to cap the success of Star Wars spin-off?"

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by The Krynoid Man, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Krynoid Man

The Krynoid Man Jedi Master star 3

Dec 24, 2015
  2. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    This is an idiotic idea. R1 will get its time in the sun until April. However successful it is, it will not distract from EPVIII. Once the EPVIII teaser hits, the hype will start. Plus a year is a long time in the internet age.

I suppose Disney's main fear could be that amount of money Star Wars is taking from Marvel ;-)

3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Some guy doing the equivalent of a dumb opinion forum post, but in a major newspaper.

No one pays me for my stupid posts. That's rather unfair.

Krueger, Artoo-Dion and Avnar like this.
  4. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Well, it IS The Guardian.

Honestly, I think this will inspire more people to be more invested in the lore of the new canon rather than TFA's dull "trip down memory lane" approach. Disney and Lucasfilm are either already on their way or have completely recouped their losses from when they bought the franchise, so they can afford making a film like this.

5. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    The golden rule of newspaper headlines applies here; when a headline poses a question, the answer is always "No"

6. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007

The world-building and lore that appears to be in R1 has way exceeded my expectations. Although the stand alone movies are separate from the saga, it seems they are going to huge lengths to connect them. Makes me really excited for the Han Solo movie.

7. LastJediKnight

LastJediKnight Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    You mean like by Jyn being Rey's mother? ;)

8. Jedi Master Rhys

Jedi Master Rhys Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2016
    After Rogue one Disney should be close to breaking even or in profit, I suspect not by much but still in profit.

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

i think they re-cooped their losses....wwwwaaaay before that. Remember the toys.

10. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Yes, what an absurd theory. The writer does reveal that "pundits" think the movie will make $1.4 billion, so reading the article was not a complete waste of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.