main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One - Entertainment Weekly

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Jun 22, 2016.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    So, the new issue of Entertainment Weekly's cover story is Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

The web edition, so far, offers a few pictures, character names and some character info. More to come tomorrow apparently.

Check it out, but beware of spoilers:

Characters.

And the cover of course (which also includes a character reveal - don't look at it if you're really sensitive about such things):
    [​IMG]

My favorite part of this is...

...the fact that Forest Whitaker's character is Saw Gerrera from The Clone Wars.
    I love that they're taking a character from one of the animated shows and putting him in a live action movie (and having him being played by such a great actor). Let's hope we see more of that in the future :)

I also dig the design of the new TIEs

Damn, the more I learn about this film, the more I'm excited about it!
    I've said it before, and I'm saying it again: it's a great time to be a Star Wars fan!

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    TCF-1138 : Thanks for posting this, and for making it safe for the No Spoilers folks in here. :cool:

3. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    It is indeed a great time. And to think a couple weeks ago people were going ballistic about reshoots that were planned well before the movie started shooting!

There is a HUGE spoiler on the cover, no doubt about it. It was also mentioned on "The Star Wars Show" on the Star Wars YouTube channel.

Where are the regular posters around here? C'mon, let's drum up some enthusiasm!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    A lot of people are active in the Anthology SA forum, discussing RO stuff. Maybe more of them will migrate over here closer to the release.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, I really hope this forum will become more active in the months to come. It was certainly more alive a year ago than it is now.

Well, EW has post a bunch of pictures - both promo pictures, and behind the scenes pictures. They're not overly spoilery, but if you really don't want to see anything from the film, I suggest you don't click the spoiler tag ;)
    Here are twenty pictures from Rogue One:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    There are a few more pictures over EW.com, but we're limited to twenty pictures per post here, so.

6. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    It's like they went back in time and took Stormtroopers right off the set of ANH.

TheYodaPagoda and Bloncket like this.
  7. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I have to say, I'm much more excited for RO after what little information I gleaned from the EW spread (don't want to read it after finding out a certain character's name.) Not to say I wasn't excited before, but this is starting to feel like a Star Wars event instead of a theatrical gimmick like, say TCW.

8. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    That's a very good way of putting it (even though I highly enjoyed TCW in the theatre)!

9. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Don't get me wrong, I did too, it just wasn't nearly as exciting.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  10. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001

... any chance for non-spoiler summary ? It sounds like the article had an overall positive take on the film ?

11. CowMoo

Aug 12, 2001

... well, guess I'll have to wait until the reviews come in around December; thankfully, i haven't spoiled myself yet by stumbling across the cover ! Anyway, a new trailer for the film is supposed to pop up next week so there might be more activity in this forum as anticipation ramps up.

12. CowMoo

Aug 12, 2001

... not sure where else to put in, but the new footage in the celebration reel on the official Star Wars site looks very promising. I think I may have heard some bits of a new soundtrack as well. One thing that I have found to be an improvement is that the troops now aim the blaster at eye-level; as a kid, I didn't notice it, but the "shooting from the hip" in the original trilogy ( and in some of the prequels ) never made that much sense as I grew older. I also liked the comment in the video about trying something new.

Bloncket likes this.
  13. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I hate the argument that there can't be new Imperial units introduced before the OT, but
    I don't really want to see new TIE fighters introduced. The TIE Interceptor was the next step in TIE technology as of ROTJ, and making new Fighter models prior to ROTJ kind of contradicts it.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Not really. The OT shows a narrow view of the galaxy. Plenty of room for new ships in a Galactic Empire.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  15. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I guess i'm okay with a few new designs. I just want to avoid this: https://i.imgur.com/qG4lpz3.jpg

16. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    True this. :)

That said, if the Striker is an atmospheric craft, it would be cool if the wings moved/pivoted (ideally, independent of one another), for aerodynamic purposes. Being that there was never really a need for such a craft in the OT, I can get behind it; and it makes one wonder that if the First Order had some of those at Takodana, if they could have been difference makers in such a low-altitude battle. Damn budget constraints. :)

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Some of them were stupid, some came before the movies, some came after, the Chiss Clawcraft for example. Other's were one shots. Not that big of a deal imo.

18. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I agree. There are also probably many other ship designs which are used by local planetary police/security forces that would fall under the Empire's purview in this era.

Heck, doesn't the existence of X-wings and Y-wings in the OT prove that many diverse ship designs had been commissioned by the Empire (or its local systems)?

19. CowMoo

Aug 12, 2001

If there is a new ship design in Rogue One, I personally have no concerns as long as it is a somewhat sexy design. The Mon Calamari cruiser, for example, is not very impressive aesthetically and would be an "unsexy" design for me.

There are a variety of bombers and fighter jets across the globe, so a variety of fighter craft in star wars would be fine from my perspective.

E 50 likes this.
  20. E 50

E 50 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2016
    My guess is that the new TIE is one specialized for atmospheric flight. Maybe even a local system or invasion specific fighter - one which is used to pacify a planet.