main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Merchandise *Spoiler images*

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jul 15, 2016.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    whostheBossk and Gamma626 like this.
  2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    whostheBossk likes this.
  3. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    The Rogue One reveals just look awful.
    Seriously I can't muster much excitement for this stuff because it just looks so awful. And it's so overpriced.

The things that I want (and Collectors) just aren't getting any attention or anything. TBS 3 3/4" is pretty much a dead line because Hasbro have made it into that.

When cool stuff is revealed, I know it's just going to be impossible to find and overpriced.

I just simply couldn't care that much anymore. It makes me so angry and sad that I and kids have to put up with this rubbish and that some people will buy the heck out it.

ASDA still haven't managed to supply Wave Three of TBS so I still have no Rey, Finn, Poe. Let alone Wave Four of Han, Leia and Phasma.
    I've been now so many times I've just lost all hope for ever seeing it.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    TFN Main have some images up of Cartamundi's Rogue One playing cards. I might pick these up if I see them.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I get that magazine weekly, do you know which issue it is in. I would love to ck it out

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Saw the first Rogue One wave of the 6" Black Series at Walmart this morning. Nice looking wave; particularly the Death Trooper and K-2SO. Unmasked Kylo Ren looked a tad wonky to me and Erso and Andor look pretty good for what they are, but don't move the needle at this point. The former two are the only ones I had any potential interest in, but I ended up leaving them there. Not sure what the case pack ratio is, but they had exactly one of each on the pegs.

7. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Probably couldn't purchase them anyway. I've tried four times to get the new stuff but it says "cannot sell" and managers say sorry. Last week it was the Scariff and Death trooper two packs and today it was the figures and U-Wing. So frustrating. Had all the new figs on my hand plus Sabine. Is it Thursday night yet? I called Wal-Mart and they said they knew nothing of Force Friday.

8. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Was running an errand tonight at my local Wal Mart and spotted a Pao/Deathtrooper 2 pack on the shelf. The card was slightly torn and I had no idea if the checkout would even let me buy it or not. For some oddball reason, the store has moved the toy section out to where the garden section used to be which is in a semi-outdoor section of the store and the shelves with the boxes of items are also in there too. I looked around and spotted 2 boxes of the 3.75 inch figures (both had "dated merchandise" stickers on them with "do not sell before September 30" printed on the labels, 1 box of the U-Wing, 2 boxes of Cassain Andor's blaster and a few other boxes which may or may not be R1 items. I plan on waiting until Friday at the earliest before I go hunting as I'm certain most stores will be like Walmart and their scanners will prevent any sale.

9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I hadn't thought about it, but there would likely be a "no sale" in their system. A friend and fellow collector said the reason so much R1 stuff is hitting shelves is that apprently the sticker on the cases that say "Do not put out until 9/29" or whatever is quite tiny and in a single corner.

It's also reset and inventory time with a lot of retail outlets (I have the latter at work to deal with tonight), and managers are trying to get everything out of their back rooms.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Picked up several 3.75 figures and plus U-Wing at midnight. Today got the 2 packs with cool troopers as they were not in any stores last night.

11. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    When I called Wal-Mart to ask if they would have Star Wars set up the girl said "So what's going on with Star Wars. I explained Force Friday and she went to check and said they were not putting out their display until 6 am.

12. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Most Wal-Mart's failed to capitalize on this event. Of course we keep going back because they have a good inventory including The Black Series and low prices.

13. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    The Deathtrooper is a great design! Definitely getting some of these (if I can find any). These are obviously inspired by Black Hole's black-armored Stormtroopers from the late '70s' Russ Manning SW newspaper strip.

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Bought the Black Series Stormtrooper helmet at Wal-Mart last night:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a bit big on me, but it's an otherwise nice helmet. The voice change isn't nearly as strong as it was in the promo video, but the video did at least make a point to say that the voice had been fudged a bit for that video. I'm not an expert in Stormtrooper buckets, I couldn't tell you what dimensions it is compared to the original, and what inaccuracies it has, but it's a decent Stormtrooper helmet for $80, and miles ahead of the one Rubies produces.

15. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    And here's your next wave (6):

[​IMG]

Soon for you Americans but meanwhile in England:

[​IMG]

Still no sign of Wave Three, let alone Four and Five!

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  16. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Uhm UK store report.
    TRU, this time I was actually surprised (it's been a long time since I've said that about collecting!). The 5poa Wave One had completely cleared that was released just over a week ago. In it's place was Wave Two already! That I guess is both good news and bad news. Krennic looks great but I don't collect this wave.
    The Six inch on the other hand hadn't really been touched, the deathtroopers went by FF when I got there sometime in the afternoon. They hadn't really changed as far as I could tell.
    It seems R1 has picked up the state of collecting but only for itself. TRU is still swimming in TBS Bastila's (Insane that TVC was rare!), Toryn's, Dak's. plus other assorted rubbish. Once the really old stuff goes cheaper I may pick it up just to have it. I'm tempted to pick up the 10 or so Bastila's and the many Toryn's and then sell it on to people who wanted it. Of course with the money I'll then buy the figures that NEVER turned up for inflated prices or try and score some TVC. Or the new stuff that still hasn't and likely won't turn up now- the Ahsoka/Kanan wave for instance is no where.

They also had tonnes of New Hot Wheels, who seem to be on the ball and able to release new product. I really like some of their stuff.

Maybe just maybe ASDA will have Wave Three of TBS?

17. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Thanks for the detailed pics. of the life-sized?! Stormtrooper helmet. I bought a cheap-o one years ago from the Star Wars fan club, with cheap plastic eyes & a sticker for the mouth & other areas.. About ten years after I bought this, the stickers started coming off, the cheap plastic eyes started coming out, & the helmet itself literally ended up falling apart - so, I promptly got rid of this.

Conversely, this new Black series Stormtrooper helmet looks fantastic - I don't even care about the voice element - this is so much better designed. So, I may actually get this - to replace my older, inferior version. Here's a cool video focusing on this:

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Nifty looking helmet. Interesting to see Hasbro dip their toe into this particular water and I gotta wonder who their audience is for this. $80 is a bit pricey for kids, and the fact that adults are shown wearing them tells me they ain't exactly gonna fit my 7 year old Nephew. On the other hand is it up to the standards of a Master Replicas piece that adult collectors crave? Maybe this is aimed at adult collectors who want a nice piece but don't need "museum quality" and the cost that comes along with them. This looks like it'd be nice on display, and the voice feature would make it appealing to cosplayers I'd assume.

19. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Picked up Baze Malbus with Storm Trooper last week. Love the sculpt as this should be a hot figure.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note for UK folks - my Sainsbury's supermarket had a large display near the entrance. One side was Trolls (the film, not the people we ban). However the other two sides were SW figures in general and Rogue One merchandise. So if you have one near you, you might want to check it out.

21. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Seen some wave 2 but passed for now. Still waiting for Krenic and the Rebel heroes.

22. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    I recently bought the new Revell Rogue One electronic snaptite Imperial Star Destroyer from TRU. It's a pretty easy build, and it displays very nicely. It has a well hidden little button on the bottom that allows the engines to light up and makes battle sounds when pressed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few gripes: The kit comes with no stand, and instead uses flaps that swing down from the underside to stand upright for display (see picture below). These leave slight gaps in the underside panel that are a little noticeable.
    [​IMG]

The kit also seems to be of the Imperial II-class variety, and I've only seen Imperial I-class ships in the Rogue One promo materials. It has Imperial-II class sensors, lacks the tracker beam dishes in the front corners of the main landing bay, and the conning tower arrangement seems to be based on this type.
    [​IMG]

I'm sure a more keen eye than mine would pick out smaller inaccuracies, but those are the ones I've spotted on it. In all, it's well worth the $25 I paid for it

23. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    CT1138

How big is that? It's hard to tell the scale but it must be quite large to have engine lights.

24. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    It's about 15 and 3/4 inches long, 9.5 inches wide, and 4.5 inches high.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I got the first Jyn figure, the Sergeant Jyn figure and the Black Series Sergeant Jyn. Also have the 12-inch Jyn figure.

Got the LAST K2SO at my local Target a couple of days ago.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.