main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Rogue One on DVD/Blu-ray/Digital

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by TCF-1138 , Dec 29, 2016.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I didn't find a thread about this. If there is one, I apologize.

So, this was posted on the main page of theforce.net:

It seems late April is when we'll get the DVD/BD of R1 (possibly earlier in some ares, and later in some).

What is your wishlist concerning the home video release? Extras, cover art, box sets, etc.

Personally I'd love a commentary track, an in-depth making-of documentary and a couple of featurettes - like one for Vader, one for the CG characters, one for the cleaning up of Red and Gold leader footage - stuff like that :)

2. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I want as many deleted scenes as possible. This movie could be a faneditor's dream!

I'd love a directors cut, but I just can't see it happening.

3. DarthAlgar

DarthAlgar Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I'll probably think of more later, but since you mentioned cover art how about a special collector's edition that comes in a case that looks like an Imperial data tape?

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh yeah, absolutely deleted scenes!

That would be awesome!

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I'd like to see GL interview the brains behind this movie!
    Since he appears to be happy with it.

whostheBossk and Chris_Fives like this.
  6. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Apparently he even had some input during the making of the film.

7. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Really? Cool! That's something I'd like to learn more about.

EDIT: It seems like he visited the set and had some fun at their expense - all in good fun. I hope they documented that!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  8. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    From what I've read it seems to be mostly that he recommended the use of some props and designs - minor things like that, but it's still cool. So much for the whole "Disney doesn't want anything to do with George Lucas" rethoric.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  9. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014

I LOVE this idea!

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That would be dope!!!!

11. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm torn with what I want from the DVD... I loved this film - Solid 8.5!

On one hand I want every deleted scene ever filmed! But on the other I will hate seeing some of them because undoubtably there will be dozens of scenes left on the cutting room floor (as evidenced by the trailers) and some I will no doubt love more than what we got. I still HATE the fact some of those great deleted scenes from the OT never made their way back into the films despite the special editions giving us essentially just...extra...crap. :cool: The sandstorm scene from ROTJ (which felt very Dune to me) still annoys me to this day - What a great addition that would have been. I love when the environment on a planet is used against the characters!!

Vegeta Daimo likes this.
  12. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    I would like the regular DVD of Rogue One have at least some good bonus features like a commentary track, deleted scenes and at least one good lengthy behind the scenes documentary.

The Blue Ray version shouldnt be the only one to get all the good bonus features

13. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    As many deleted scenes as humanly possible and documentary to rival The Phantom Menace's 'The Beginning'!

my kind of scum and TCF-1138 like this.
  14. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    It would be cool to have a joint interview with Lucas and John Knoll where Lucas discusses the original concept for the Death Star, what it meant to him and how he developed the idea originally in 1976, and then Knoll can fill in his side of the story, how he hit on the idea of a film showing the plans being stolen. Nothing huge, but maybe a nice 10-15 minute conservation with Lucas and Knoll together.

Lots of deleted scenes. All of them actually.

One or two of the deleted scenes cut back into the movie (why not!)

Commentary track from Edwards, Weitz and Gilroy.

Featurette on Kyber crystals and their history and lore in the SW universe.

Featurette on bringing back Darth Vader including a new interview with James Earl Jones.

15. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    This sounds all cool. I just love a possible April date is said so I can ask for it for my b-day.

16. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

The TFA DVD came out last April, so I reckon R1 will follow that timeline as well.

Plus, I presume that Disney would want to start the Episode VIII hype machine by that time (What's the darn title??? :_|:p)

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  17. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007

The hype starts here

http://www.starwarscelebration.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Larsonator

Larsonator Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2016
    I'd love an AOTC-style documentary about Tarkin and Leia.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Like From Puppets to Pixels you mean? Yeah, I'd love that too!
    Would be cool to see the raw footage of the actors with face mo-cap, and then all the stages it required to create the fantastic end result.

Larsonator likes this.
  20. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I must say I'm a fan of this schedule of having a Star Wars movie for Christmas, released on Blu-ray in April for my birthday. [face_party]

21. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    Anyone else hoping that the news that a 4K restoration of ANH exists at LFL is a tease -- maybe they'll release R1 & ANH in 4K as a special edition/pairing?

22. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    April!?! I'm ready!!! Nothing beats watching a movie on my own terms. Movie theater experience is fun, but it is not a easy task getting out without the kids! 1 and 3yo...

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Without question, I want to see the original cut. I'd even pay for that as a Blu-Ray as a completely separate item. Doubt we will get that though because it will either a) make Gareth look bad or b) make Disney look bad. It doesn't have to be that way, but is the way it would go.

So instead, I want every deleted scene they can spare. Even if it means there's no room for any other extras.

Pewbacca likes this.
  24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yes, this please.

Plus information on the CGI Tarkin and Leia.

25. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014

This MUST happen! Brilliant idea!