main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Rogue One on DVD/Blu-ray/Digital

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by TCF-1138 , Dec 29, 2016.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I found mine through my notifications on my mobile app. Netflix knows me well enough to point out when Star Wars is there.

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i just got this too. does anyone know why the packaging isn't in english?

3. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    I am from Brazil, so it's in Portuguese :D

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  4. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i just wondered why i got one in the u.s. like that

5. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Serious? Strange... Where do you buy this?

6. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    someone gave it to me for my birthday, bought it online

7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I thought we would have the deleted scenes by now in another "must buy" edition of RO [face_dunno]

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    So they opted to buy a different language version for some reason... or maybe the website shipped the wrong version. There are obviously English language packaging options for markets like the US.

On deleted scenes, I don't think we'll get them for Rogue One.

9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    We'll have to wait for a telesnap style reconstruction using suriving clips around a series of still images.

It works for missing Doctor Who. ;)

10. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I love this film.

A question to those who know, would the Blu Ray version be superior to the DVD I own now?

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    If you have a Blu-Ray player, the better question might be, why would you not buy the Blu-Ray instead? When I bought the movie at retail, it was the triplicate package - Blu-Ray, DVD, and digital download. The digital download, which I'm pretty sure doesn't come with the DVD-only package, is nice because you can watch the full movie (legally) on your mobile or tablet whenever you want.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, it would be better sound and picture, but your TV needs to be at least 1080p HD to deliver the full difference between DVD and Blu-ray. And of course the player needs to be a Blu-ray player; Blu-ray players can also play DVDs, but DVD players can’t play Blu-rays. Also, some DVD releases these days don’t come with the extra features that Blu-rays do (not sure about RO specifically in that regard).

DarthTalonx likes this.
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are no special features on the DVD.

EHT likes this.
  14. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Nice! Ok, Blu Ray it is. I just purchased my own Blu Ray player haha.

Roger Roger.

Yes, so long as it's better picture and sound, I shall go for the Blu Ray now! I have a wonderful TV, just bought a Blu Ray player, so wondering whether to upgrade from my DVD Star Wars to Blu Ray (On Rogue One and the PT and OT?). Also I noted that TLJ is coming out on 4K Blu Ray. I mean it's just a little expensive though, so I thought I would buy TLJ on Blu Ray.

Decisions decisions?!

Yes I bought the DVD in a rush to be able to show it to someone. I mean the picture looks great, but I'm guessing the Blu Ray is meant to be better? I may upgrade. Trouble is just as I was about to buy TLJ and also Rogue One on Blu Ray, I note that 4K TLJ is being released too! Only problem is that version seems a little expensive though. Maybe later though

Ahsoka's Tano and EHT like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The 4K video is only good if you have the corresponding TVs. You won't be able to see the enhancements of a 4K video unless you show it on one of those 4K TVs they advertise at the electronics stores.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  16. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    True very true. It's just the cost of the 4K discs themselves though. They seem quite expensive (for now), no matter what the movie. Obviously if it's Star Wars, definitely tempted. But I think a Blu Ray upscaled (by the TV or Blu Ray player) to 4K would look very good right?

My question was really between an existing/owned DVD of Star Wars (PT, OT, ST, Rogue One) and the Blu Ray equivalent?

Especially Rogue One?

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well if you already have the DVD of the movie, I wouldn't necessarily go out and spend upwards of $20 retail for a Blu-Ray. Look for it on eBay and you could save.

18. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    I'm up for buying Rogue One on Blu Ray! Just worried that 4K Blu Rays will come out and then a new conundrum!

Also wondering about buying the other DVDs of Star Wars on Blu ray!

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well if you can I'd suggest buying the trilogy movies as a package rather than individually. I'm pretty sure you don't miss any special features in the trilogy packages that are included in the individual copies.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  20. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Awesome, will do!

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Thought I'd ask this here: Is there any director commentary for the R1 DVD or Blu-Ray? I've looked on Amazon, but the special features don't mention it.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, no audio commentary unfortunately.

23. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    ^That's too bad. I'd have liked to hear more from Edwards.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  24. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Agreed. Would have loved an audio commentary for the film.

25. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    The commentary will come on the mega version that inevitably comes out which will include the original cut and go into everything that went down with the re-shoots. My guess is that it will come out as a 10th anniversary edition, because that would also align with the 50th anniversary of Star Wars, and the hype around it would be sky high. That would be quite a missed opportunity if they don't do it then. But in any event, there is simply too much money to be made off of something like that for them not to do it at some point.