main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Rogue One on DVD/Blu-ray/Digital

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by TCF-1138 , Dec 29, 2016.

1. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    I certainly hope so--although The Last Jedi is the film that will have the 10th-50th match, right?--and maybe with enough time gone by, Lucasfilm won't care about the details getting out on Rogue One. Of course I'm still waiting on the un-specialized original trilogy, another easy moneymaker that hasn't been released. They know that they can make money essentially no matter what they do, so the incentive to deliver great home release packages doesn't seem too high, notwithstanding what sounds like some great special features for TLJ.

2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Oh shoot, you're right. All my memories of seeing RO are from last year, during it's theatrical run that lasted through March of 2017. So I associate it with that. But obviously it came out in December 2016. Still though, the actual 10th anniversary wouldn't be until December in that case anyway, which would mean that the marketing for releasing a 10th anniversary DVD set could go well into that next year. Eh well, I'm just throwing an idea out there for when the timing will be optimal for such a mega release of RO. For all we know it won't happen for 20-30 years. But I do think it is inevitable. Because like I said, from a simple business standpoint there is too much opportunity there for them to just completely ignore it and not do it.

3. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    You don't buy DVDs on Blu-ray. Blu-rays already come on a Blu-ray. Dvds come on DVDs. I hope that clears that up for you.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But if you buy the O-OT on Blu-ray, that would kind of be like buying a VHS on Blu-ray. :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I don't care what anybody says, I'm getting my Rogue One DVD on celluloid.

6. Jim Smith

Jim Smith Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 5, 2017
    I've been away for awhile and now I'm back. I've been reading reviews for the very first Star Wars movie from 1977 and they mirror the negative reviews of Rogue One. The reviewers back in '77 said things like the movie is way too fast-paced to really get to know or care for the characters and the characters are boring or bland or both. I feel vindicated by that. The same tired pretentious crap that know-it-alls spewed back 40+ years ago is being echoed with Rogue One. I just find that so deliciously ironic and amusing! :D

7. mirrorbright

mirrorbright Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2016
    I'm really hoping LF will give us another DVD edition and soon. Compared to other new movies, RO DVD lacked a lot content-wise. There was no commentary, outtakes, deleted scenes, nothing. It makes me kind of upset considering this movie had such a success and yet DVD wasn't much, imo :(....

Avnar likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think we’ll get something eventually. There’s just so much nearly finished material from alternative versions of the film. But I think it’ll be many years before any of that surfaces.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Once Kenobi is out (and there WILL BE a Kenobi film) they should make a Rogue One/Solo/Kenobi box set with all new features and commentary!

TCF-1138 and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I like it. Let’s send a joint letter to Lucasfilm. They won’t listen to one of us. But both of us together? Very powerful.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    TCF-1138 and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  11. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    It would have added, and would still add, far too much to the controversy surrounding everything that has gone on with LucasFilm if they were to release another RO with a lot of the previous mentioned content included anytime soon. They really need all that to blow over before people would be willing to accept it for what it is, and it not just continue to cause a stir like everything seems to do nowadays. I think it is inevitable. If for nothing more than to keep the Star Wars brand wide out in the open, let's say during a down period of productions or something. But I'm not expecting anything anytime soon. Like I said, my bet is sometime during 2027/2028 when the 50th anniversary of Star Wars is just totally at it's peak everywhere.

There is only one solution. Bor Gullet is the only one solution.

BigAl6ft6 and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, they can’t possibly ignore BOTH of you.

Bor Mullet and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I know, right? That would be financial suicide.

BigAl6ft6 and EHT like this.
  14. Rebel on Toprawa

Rebel on Toprawa Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2020
    I wish that the 4K Blu-ray release of Rogue One has some deleted scenes on it. Plus it was just downright stupid of disney to not include the Gareth Edwards commentary on the regular Blu-ray a few years ago.

15. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    There’s no way Gareth Edwards will ever do a commentary track for this movie. Besides, I would rather have a commentary track from the movie’s real director Tony Gilroy.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Preeeeetty sure Tony Gilroy wasn't "the real director".

17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Don't bother. It's just Serpico runnin' his routine Rogue One trollin' route.

18. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    Mods, I didn't know where else to post this on these TFN forums so if this is in the wrong place, I apologize!

Anyway, I need to know if this is happening for everyone or just me.

On my 4K disc of Rogue One, at precisely time index 2:07:11 the audio (which is just the end credits music at this point) "pops" (you can actually hear a little "pop" noise) and it becomes instantly louder than it was before that. This is using the Dolby Atmos track btw. I don't understand why this is happening. I looked at the 4K digital version (using the code that came with my disc) and it didn't have this problem, so I know for a fact that this should not be happening and that there is some sort of glitch here. The regular Blu-ray version doesn't have this problem either.

If any of you would be so kind as to look at your Rogue One 4K disc at time index 2:07:11 and see if you are noticing something weird as well, I'd really appreciate it. That way I would know if I just got a bad copy or if everyone's Rogue One 4K disc has this glitch.

Help me TFN forum members, you're my only hope!

Thank you!

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Thread merge

20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You’ve got a bad egg, I think. My copy doesn’t have this problem.

CrAsHcHaOs likes this.
  21. CrAsHcHaOs

May 7, 1999
    Thanks for checking!

22. CrAsHcHaOs

May 7, 1999
    Welp, I bought another copy at Target yesterday. (The refund expiration date had already passed).

And guess what? The new copy did the same thing. So I guess it's my player. It's weird because I thought my player was really good. It wasn't a cheap one, for sure.

The player I have is a Samsung UBD-M8500. Was $350 when I got it.

I've had it for years and I've never had any kind of problem until now. This just completely depresses me.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    That just seems odd though, if your player has never done that before for any other discs and now does it only at the exact same time on two different 4K discs of the same movie. Maybe there was a run of the discs that all had that issue; both of your copies could be in that affected run, while the copy that Bor Mullet has could be from another run that didn't have the issue. At least it's only during the closing credits, though.

CrAsHcHaOs and Bor Mullet like this.
  24. CrAsHcHaOs

May 7, 1999
    Yup, and I have the digital 4K version as well so it's not all that bad. Oh well!