main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Rogue One planets

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by darth_mccartney, Apr 10, 2016.

1. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

One of my pet theories was that Lor San Tekka is just the older Galen Erso, based on nothing more than -

• Both actors are Scandanavian
    • Lor (Lore) San (without) Tekka (technology) seems like the sort of name you'd take if you were responsible for the Death Star then found religion

2. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    These two pictures are on the same planet (Earth, I know, I know) I mean in the SW universe.
    I think there's a scene with Galen Erso and Jyn when she was younger, hence, the scene in the Rogue One preview sizzle reel of her giving food to a young girl that she has a flashback to her childhood with her father around that time.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  3. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    The extended trailer also gives us a quick shot of a young Jyn running away from something on the Iceland planet.

4. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Is it just me or do these guys looks like a young/old version of each other?

[​IMG][​IMG]

ewoksimon likes this.
  5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it's just you.

11-4D likes this.
  6. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Whining? I said I hoped for Onderon because it would have made sense if Saw Gerrera was still operating there. Jedah and Jakku might not sound very similar, but they look similar and are central points of each film's story.

But ironically, as it turns out, Jedah seems to be some sort of haven for Jedi worshipping and the Church of the Force... which is even more stupid. "Let's create a remote sand planet with long history of Jedi... and call it Jedah which sounds like Jedi!".

I really have no idea what they're thinking.

GunganSlayer likes this.
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    "They look similar" no they don't? One has a functioning Old World looking city the likes of which I don't think we've ever seen in these films before, and Jakku is sand dunes and wreckage.

And maybe the Jedi take their name for Jedah. Maybe Jedi used to be called Jedah and the name evolved over the thousands of generations. Like you said, you don't know what they're thinking, so until we have concrete answers assume everything and nothing.

8. Mister Bones

Mister Bones Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2016
    I think we can all agree on this at least.

9. BucMan-55

BucMan-55 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2004
    I don't know if there is an edict that says they can't use worlds that have appeared previously in the movies or EU unless required(Leia's home is Alderaan) but it sure looks like it. Not sure if Lothal was around before it's inception in Rebels. What was the point of that galaxy map that came out prior to TFA if all the planets introduced hereafter are not on it? My only beef with the new direction is the lack of previously used worlds(even if talked about) and previously used aliens. I find it just as hard to believe that there are zero aliens of the 100+introduced before 2014 appearing in TFA as if there were no new species introduced with TFA.(main characters excepted)

Jedah/Jakku: Central to story, sure. Look similar no. Well, only if you consider Jakku a clone of Tattooine and assume their more populated areas look like Mos Espa/Mos Eisley/Anchorhead.

10. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Er, TFA had Mon Calimari, Sullustans and Wookies. So there are not "zero" appearances from established aliens.

11. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Worked for Endor.

12. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    You must be trolling. You explicitly said that Jedha sounds too similar to Jakku, and now you're saying they don't sound similar. And now you've added the complaint that it sounds too much like Jedi (which I imaging is deliberate).

I fail to see what's "stupid" about any of this, apart from your wish that the planet was Onderon.

13. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It seems like Krennic and his Death Troopers abduct Galen and burn his home to the ground, it also seems like they attack Jyn and leave her behind to die. Could make for a very strong opening.

CarboniteSolo likes this.
  14. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    I'm guessing this is pretty much what happens. Not sure that's how it all starts, but could be. Similar to the opening of Braveheart, perhaps.

15. BucMan-55

Nov 2, 2004

I said main characters excepted but should have meant characters from previous trilogies. There weren't any background no-name(yet) aliens from the catalog of LFL pre 2014.

vncredleader likes this.
  16. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    OK. Not a big deal, though, as we only visited four sparsely-populated planets out of a bajillion in the galaxy.

17. BucMan-55

Nov 2, 2004
    Not really disappointed regarding Jakku or SKB, slightly disappointed in Tokadana, but kinda disappointed in the Resistance crew considering Akbar had 2-3 no name Mon Cal with him on his cruiser at the end of ROTJ.

So far in Rogue One I haven't seen any in the promotional footage. Though still too early to tell. Rogue One would be a bigger "sin" than TFA since RO takes place much closer to the locales used in the OT.

Introduce 1 new alien character in a movie and it probably wouldn't be one we've seen already from the GFFA. Introduce 5, 10, 20, the odds should increase. Heck, still waiting to see a Bothan introduced into a movie.

18. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015

There are three Mon Cal (a gray one, and two white ones) in the Rogue One BTS reel from Celebration. Here you go:

[​IMG]

19. BucMan-55

Nov 2, 2004
    Jabba, you're a wonderful human being.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  20. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    To all of you who support the idea behind Jedah:

They originally said this film won't be about the Jedi, and you all applaused.

Now we're getting a whole planet called "Jedah" who has deep connections to the Jedi and a long history with them - perhaps even taking their name from this planet - and yet you all applause?

I can already see how they intend to pan this out.... People on Jedah will talk about how the Jedi are extinct, blah blah blah...

21. Italian Ackbar

Italian Ackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2015
    Well, I don't think that's a problem if Jedi are mentioned.

22. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    The Force and its users are still around, the Jedi knights were an organised league of light side users.

23. Jonipoon

Apr 22, 2014
    Don't you guys think that a planet full of Jedi worshippers would've been one of the first targets for the Empire to destroy or control?

As Grand Moff Tarkin says in ANH to Vader - "you are all that's left of their religion". So, unless Jedah is completely destroyed and all Jedi worshippers there (including Chirrut) are killed in Rogue One, this quote from Tarkin will no longer make sense.

But hey, who cares about continuity - let's just enjoy the film, right? :p

24. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    It doesn't really make sense as it is...

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    we don't even know that much about it yet so how can you assume all of this bad stuff?