main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Rogue One Trailers and TV Spots - NSA Edition

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by TCF-1138 , Apr 6, 2016.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The first TV spot is up:

I can't seem to not watch stuff from Rogue One :p With TFA, I didn't watch any of the TV spots, but I just watched this one without thinking about it.
    Anyway, not a lot of new things, but damn, this movie still looks so good!

As a side note, I was on a trip to Germany this weekend, and found a really Rogue One coffee mug. I couldn't help myself - I had to have it! I think this is the first time since TPM when I've bought merch for a SW movie that isn't even out yet :)

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    There's a new international trailer out for those who are interested. Seems to be all over Youtube.

This one I'm actually avoiding - with only one month and three days left until the premiere I don't feel I need to see any more of the film before that.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  3. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Very wise. There's something in there that I would speculate could end up being a big twist.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  4. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Thanks for the warning!

CairnsTony likes this.
  5. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    It's being interpreted differently by different people so it is speculation, but I've a hunch about this one and if I'm right, it will make you see something very SW in a very different light.

6. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001

Let me guess - Darth Vadar is Luke's father ? :D :p

7. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    The twist is that Vader is his mother. Shhh..... don't tell anyone. ;)

8. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003

I heard it was that Vader is Luke's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

9. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    These trailers and TV spots are giving us more footage than TFA it would seem. Unless I'm very much surprised, we also have key elements of the plot sussed as well.. I hope they leave some surprises for us!

10. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I missed the clip that aired on ABC. Is it online?

11. dva3842

dva3842 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2008
    As I continue to see the great new trailers, I've noticed the care, reverence, and attention to detail to the original trilogy.
    They are bringing back the old look and making it look better than ever with the big budget production design and the modern effects.
    Now with an OT tone prequel many were dreaming about but never got with the TPM. Rogue1 is like another gift for the fans, an OT
    concept somehow made into a film; looking forward to it.

12. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

That's because this is set literally just before ANH.

Did anyone honestly want the Prequel Trilogy to look exactly like the Original Trilogy? If you ask me, the points where it diverges from the style of the OT (and makes it a point to slowly begin to build towards a more OT aesthetic) are part of what makes the PT truly shine.

It's a "more civilized age," as stated in ANH. And that's what we see at the start, with more and more of that "civilized" look wearing down as the Empire comes into power.

This, for example...
    [​IMG]

...becomes this...
    [​IMG]

...becomes the ships seen in here...
    [​IMG]

...which becomes this.
    [​IMG]

Hints of the structure of the RotS Jedi Starfighter even seems to factor directly into this for RO:

(Edit: removed the image directly because I realized this was the spoiler free section and wasn't sure if that counted as a spoiler. Gonna put the link instead: http://static.srcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/Rogue-One-A-Star-Wars-Story-TIE-striker.jpg)

my kind of scum and DARTH_BELO like this.