main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Rogue One Trailers and TV Spots

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth_Articulate, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Here's both of the Kimmel clips by themselves, easier to watch:

2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think it has. I don't think it is the Emperor though.

Darth_Pevra and Jcuk like this.
  3. Toddy

Toddy Jedi Knight

Nov 13, 2016
    The new "Chance of Failure" clip shows there's a degree of vulnerability in K-2SO's makeup, as well as the bravura.
    I really like that.

Love the back-and-forth with Cassian ("I don't want to know, thank you!" "I understand"), the generosity in that dynamic.

dekaneas likes this.
  4. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Supposedly, Vader is only in the film for a few scenes at best. And one of those is him, (minus the suit) floating in a Bacta tank that is seemingly located in a highly restricted Imperial area flanked by two of the Emperors personal guards. In which a hooded, Sith like figure then approaches. The guards must be well aware of its presence and appear to be completely at ease. Now taking all that into account, just who else could that be? Is there a needless subplot involving a clandestine assassin who wants to take Vader out? A Vader who isn't the main focus of the film's narrative and commands only a teensy weensy portion of screen time. What would be the point? Even the uninitiated cinemagoer will be fully aware that Vader survives. So, I ask. Who else can that hooded figure be exactly?

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  6. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013

Rogue One is seriously shaping up to quite possibly being my 2nd/3rd favourite Star Wars film ever..

7. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    No, Wobani is an Imperial prison camp Jyn is broken out of.

The Ring of Kafene is a mining colony set between two asteroids in a planetary ring. It is where we first meet Kassian, where he learns of the Death Star and the capture of Bodhi Rook by Saw and the gang.

They are two different places.

8. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I think it'll be an acolyte. Either a servant of Vader of the Emperor. Not sure which. IMO, that is Vader being brought into the main plot. It'll be very interesting to see where that takes place.

Gigoran - yes, I realise that. I was explaining why I got confused re the asteroids.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. Iamnoone

Iamnoone Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 23, 2015
    Finally think I know what the rebel is saying.

I think it's a name he's shouting out.... Hallic, Vienna Hallic or something like that. Presumably Jyns cover name. The other rebel then shouts out 'her!'

Bennihana, Satipo and Toddy like this.
  10. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I figured they want someone else as well. Maybe even as cover.

11. Toddy

Toddy Jedi Knight

Nov 13, 2016
    I think you're right.

Also - I may've been slow to notice it, but - watching that clip again, I'm struck by how worn and jagged the stormtroopers' armour looks.
    Backwater Imperials?

Satipo likes this.
  12. Dory Vader

Dory Vader Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 15, 2015
    Anyone have TNT "special look" that just aired or Link to it? I have video but nowhere to upload.

A little new footage and a funny scene involving K2SO

Satipo likes this.
  13. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    No, long shifts. Like soldiers with dirty uniforms, when they've spent too much time on patrols, combat etc. Looks like a "dirty" planet too.

14. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    These look really great. all the worry based on the early tv spots and trailers have been relieved thanks to these clips.

15. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    im hoping somehow it tops ROTj as the 3rd best SW film. but if its better than TFA ill be satisfied.

16. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    I've tried to keep my expectations in check but each clip has me feeling better and better. The hype is getting me through finals lol

17. Dory Vader

Dec 15, 2015
    Hadick. Vienna Hadick! That's Jyn's Alias. So she seems To be in some sort of transport where imperials are "picking up" prisoners Along the way. The Rebels stop the truck and bust it open to get Vienna (Jyn). But she's a tough cookie and doesn't want to go with them so she kicks ass until K2SO Cassian's No 2 stops here. This is very early in RO.

Edit. Could be Halick or Hadick. Hard to tell.

Jcuk, Toddy and Satipo like this.
  18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Nice catch.

Dory Vader likes this.
  19. Dory Vader

Dec 15, 2015
    Anyone have a place I can upload the TNT Special Look? It's pretty cool and worth seeing.

20. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Reddit or YouTube?

21. Toddy

Toddy Jedi Knight

Nov 13, 2016
    Granted, they do look strung-out - wearied, and covered in mud.
    But, would even "long shifts" be enough to tatter the stormies' eye-pieces like that?

Maybe - just maybe - these guys are the GFFA equivalent of cops busted to a beat in the sticks. No support. No backup. No armour polish.

22. Dory Vader

Dec 15, 2015
    @sapito thanks.

Here it is. Sorry for poor quality.

This is the "Special Look at Rogue One" which aired during the Star Wars marathon on TNT today.

23. Toddy

Toddy Jedi Knight

Nov 13, 2016
    ^ Love it. Even in "poor quality."

24. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I absolutely love it! K2 looks better and better, only couple of days left!

25. Iamnoone

Iamnoone Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 23, 2015
    I love it too.

I'm sure there will be some gripes about the amount of times K2SO talks about the odds but I think you can see it plays in the actual film like the other characters get tired of it too.