main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Rogue One

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Mar 13, 2015.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    JediLightside1966 likes this.
  2. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  4. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
  5. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    I like the fact that they are calling the shoot off films as "Star Wars Anthology"... So much Star Wars goodness as of late I'm in NERD OVERLOAD :)

JediLightside1966 likes this.
  6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  7. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    Awesome. I do hope they get JEJ for the voice, I think it was awesome in Rebels.

8. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm more excited for this movie, then I am for Ep 7.
    Is it just me?

9. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Holy At At the trailer just hit the holonet !

Go watch it gang.

10. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Confirmed: The actress that played Mon Mothma in ROTS is playing her again in R1 thirteen years later.

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Had to wait until I got home from work to give it a watch.

Looking good! Don't like that alarm but I'll take it. Good tease of the story, the characters and the action we can expect from the movie. And hey! my OT costumes are relevant again. My RFT, Rebel Pilot and TIE Pilot will be new and sexy again instead of old and busted.

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  13. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    You know, (and I forgot to bring this up on Monday) I thought it was cool that Saw was mentioned in Bloodlines. Now we find out that the Clone Wars character not only was to be featured in the now defunct live action tv show Star Wars: Underworld, but that he is in Rogue One! How cool is that!

LFL gots mad Onderon luv.

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  16. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    TFN (The Main Site) said something about a behind the scenes of TFA next Friday on ABC, featuring the new trailer.

17. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I love the look of this, I love that we have actual battles by real people in costumes on location and not just CGI robots vs CGI clones or Gungans. I'm getting super stoked for this. Now I just need to find someone that can make me a cape like Krennic so I can walk into the movie theater in December LIKE A BOSS.

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    That's right...LIKE A BOSS

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Here it is

Only thing I don't like about it is the rebels don't seem very desperate. I see them on the offensive and lots of stormtroopers being taken down. I think they should be less hopeful.

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Plus it's kinda weird seeing a Star Destroyer in atmosphere hovering over a city. Is this a thing that they do? Jammies you're our resident starship expert, what about it?

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Oh, I am sure the rebs are desperate: they just put the cool parts in a trailer. Doesn't the Princess call it "our most desperate hour?"

So.
    Destroyers in orbit. It is a hot topic amongst the fleet junkies; up there with how long is a super star destroyer and how short is an A-wing.

Historically, no. In fact, they were so large that they couldn't even enter a planet's orbit (they are a mile across). That was the explanation for keeping the Victory Class Star Destroyer in the fleet after the clone wars, only the Vic could enter low orbit and blow crap up (per Brian Daley). That was also what made the Acclimators a big deal at the time, as you had a star destroyer that could land for the first time in on screen (per David West Reynolds). In ROTS we see Venator in dry dock on Coruscant's "surface."

Then the clone wars cartoon had a low orbit Venator jump to hyperspace. So, there went the thing about destroyers in orbit but also hyperspace jumps from gravity wells.

In our new Star Wars landscape, yes, an Imperial class Star Destroyer can hover. Two hover over Lothal at any given time in the cartoon show. The new Battlefront has low orbit capitalships of all types. In regards to that very shot from RougeOne, I read someone (I wish I could remember who) write that if the ship could jump faster than light, and if an object the size of a training remote can float-- why can't a Star Destroyer hover under it's own power? Other than the fact that Brian Daley said they can't-- I do not have a rebuttal to that.

Jammies

22. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks Jammies, I knew you'd have a well thought out answer. Yeah I totally forgot about the Star Destroyers over Lothal.

23. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    10 space bucks says the plans are hidden in that cape.
    DAT CAPE!

jedimika likes this.
  24. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Stolen Datacape!

25. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Can it just be December yet?