main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron 3 Rebel Strike

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by PADA-1, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    I picked RS3RS today and so far it plays as I figured from the demo, good but not great. The big change however from RS2 is the on foot missions. This is where you get out and fight man to man, or whiner(Luke) to stormtrooper actually. It is frustrating and difficult to shoot where you want and the whole thing feels like it was rushed, a first person perspective would have been better. It is similar to the Clone Wars game where Mace is on foot if this helps explain it. There is a hilarious disco scene intro with Luke, Darth and the gang that seems straight out of Saturday Night Fever. If you liked the other RS series this is pretty much the same so you might want to rent before buying. Also, why do they designers of the game make it so hard to unlock the bonus materials when they have a passcode section that unlocks everything? Which leads me to another unrelated question, where do these cheatcodes come from anyway?

2. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    PADA-1 are the graphics any better? Not that they were bad in the 1st Rebel Strike.

3. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Good point Aaron! The day the game comes out you can find all the passcodes on the internet. Where do they come from? :)

4. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Graphics look about the same, maybe better looking water effects and more TIEs on screen, that's about it.

5. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    yeah, I'm a little disppointed by the game.. Plus the man to man levels are really not that great, extremely confusing...

6. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    The game is ok, nothing great. Just a slight improvement over Rouge Leader. I beat the game already and i'm a little disappointed with it overall. The multiplayer is decent, nothing great. The best part is easily the swoop bike level on Endor and you go with the first person view.

7. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Speeder bike my friend, not swoop... ;)

8. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    What's the difference between a swoop bike and a speeder bike? Is it just a speeder bike is faster and has a gun?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.