main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by the_chosen_two, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    That would be uber-sweet.

Though then I would probably have to get cable or dsl or something. [face_plain]

But I'm still really looking forward to it. The Rogue games are some of my favorites. :D

2. CorSec_CC7

CorSec_CC7 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2003
    Shaweeeet!

I would buy it without Multi...but Im hoping they wont do the Battle of Hoth or Endor again....god...its getting boring playing revamped versions of these over and over..I wouldnt be able to take it ;)

Should turn out good though...I hope it has Multi...

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    RS1 gave you the Battle of Calamari, with the World Devestators. That was EU.

4. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Has this been offically comfirmed? I'm hoping for online like Sega's PSO 1 & 2, and more crafts, more bonuses, more characters, more missions definantly, More EU missions like a NJO or Thrawn Campaign, base it more on Michael A. Stakepole's Novels is a great start

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    RS3 Online? Dude, don't say that, you'll get my hopes up. :p

6. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    EU Missions would make it the best game ever. Add NJO!

7. JediHobbit

Mar 2, 2002
    NJO would take way to much explanation and probably turn off more casual SW fans. MAS missions would be awesome, and not that much of a stretch.

8. i_want_KotOR

i_want_KotOR Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2003
    What is MAS?

9. JediHobbit

Mar 2, 2002
    Michael A. Stackpole, the author who started the X-Wing series of books and comics.

10. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    There was nothing wrong with Rogue Leader in terms of the way it played. The let down was that the missions just played out the OT with a few filler missions in between. Would be nice if the missions were more like Rogue Squadron in structure though. Remove the cutscenes and add more objectives to each mission and more secondary objectives.

The concept of multiplayer is an interesting one. I don't think split screen 2/4 player multiplayer is good for this type of game. In Starfox 64 it was alright but the game focused on atmospheric locations with a max of 4 ships in one area. Didn't really work for me. I think that if people want to play Deathmatch or Co-operative play then it has to be online with a good connection because there is an expectation among Star Wars fans to play with huge battles happening around them. Even in deathmatch you don't want to be thrown in an empty 'lifeless' arena. This however would clutter a small split area of screen and make the game unplayable. So either multiplayer is out of the question or it's online.

11. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    Rogue Squadron III should have multiplayer online where 1 person is Rogue Leader, and two others are wingmen. The Rogue Leader would give orders the traditional way w/ the control pad, and the wingmen would recieve the order. This however would make for some problems w/ non-serious players and players crashing into each other.

12. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Multi-player online would be cool. That would give me a reason to get my GC online.
    It would be nice to have an original story line for the game. I loved Rogue Leader and the fact that it was mostly in the classic trilogy(I still play the falcon-asteroid board for fun!) But I definately would like to see something new. The idea of something with Thrawn is cool.
    It would also be cool to have a few more boards that you can be the empire(yes I know its "Rogue Leader" but still... :D )

13. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I've been hearing some rumors, and now it's official, RS3 is coming. :D

Some multi-player would definately be sweet, especially if it was on-line.

Some EU missions would be cool, but not too many. Now that'd be cool if it took place during the PT, especially during the clone wars........though a RS didn't exist back then. :(

14. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    What about a multiplayer mode like conquest for Clone Wars except you get given Golan defence platforms and a Squadron already on your side that u can control with the D-Pad............ or a homeworld style strategy mode? maybe that's going a bit too far...anyway, a conquest mode and a multiplayer Endurance/Academy style mode would be kool

15. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    I noticed my link didnt work so here it is again for non-believers... Its confirmed

16. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    All I know is I want to be the gunner of an Imperial walker and blast the crap out of speeders that try using their tow cables.

-Jomero

17. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    I've been telling my friends that an Online full out Star Wars battle would kick ass. With dogfighting going on all over the place.

Won't happen though, maybe to a smaller extent.

I wish the Factor Five would do some Prequal stuff too..

RS1 AND RS2 both had pretty much the same levels. They need some new stuff.

The Original is only 30 now, so when geting your Cube and free game(Metroid Prime, Trust me). Pick up RL too for a cheap price.

You'll walk away spending 200 bucks, getting a cube with controller, Metroid Prime, Rougue Leader, and a Memory Card 251.

GREAT DEAL!!

18. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    OMG OMG OMG RL III!!!! I CANT WAIT!! there better be multiplayer and online and and and more y-wing missions ( :p )

19. ShaneBarnes1982

ShaneBarnes1982 Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2003
    Rock On!!! \m/ :D

Rogue Squadron games kicks ass!! More Rogue Squadron makes me happy :) Oh man... multiplayer would kick ass...

20. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    I would have liked them to do some prequel stuff as well, with the RL graphics, but the storyline of RS, SF, JS, etc.

But seeing as they're calling it Rogue Leader (unless it's a code-name or something) chances are it's gonna be set in the Imperial/New Republic era.

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    If Smash Brothers Melee, Rogue Leader, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker weren't enough to get people to buy a $150 Gamecube, this should do the trick.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about multiplayer.

22. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    OMG OMG OMG RL III!!!! I CANT WAIT!! there better be multiplayer and online and and and more y-wing missions

...bombing sure is fun isn't it? :)

I would have liked them to do some prequel stuff as well, with the RL graphics, but the storyline of RS, SF, JS, etc.

But seeing as they're calling it Rogue Leader (unless it's a code-name or something) chances are it's gonna be set in the Imperial/New Republic era./i

YES, it's definitely going to be set in the New Republic era if it's called Rogue Leader.

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Awesome!::)

Though I hope they branch off into EU-territory, because, let's face it, we don't need ANOTHER rehash of the OT; Rogue Leader already perfected the Battle of Hoth and the Battle of Endor.

If they don't go post-ROTJ, it's just gonna get really boring.

Unless...it's from the Imperial POV, which would make things interesting.

They'd be better off translating major missions from the Rogue Squadron comics and novels.

Or...perhaps (and this is a long shot) they'll base the game on Wraith Squadron? That'd be pretty cool, though it really wouldn't be the Wraiths without commando missions, which wouldn't fit into the Rogue-series gameplay style.

24. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Rogue Squadren was almost entirely EU... Covering the Great Bacta Wars...

25. CorSec_CC7

CorSec_CC7 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2003
    I really dont feel like flying more Endors and Hoths...I think the Wraith idea would be too much of a long shot although flying the Imperial side might spice things up a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.