main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by the_chosen_two, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    But that also wouldn't be named Rougle Leader.

The game is first Rougue Squadron, then Rougue Squandron 2: Rougue Leader

So it'd be Rougue Squandron 3: (New subtitle)

Going off after RotJ would work. Imperial POV wouldnt' in the title, niether would Wraith.

CAN"T WAIT!!!

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Rougle
    Rougue
    Squandron

[3PO]Oh My! :eek: [/3PO]

3. Wedge_Rogue_Leader

Wedge_Rogue_Leader Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2002
    Multiplayer and co-op missions. Imagine playing the battle of Endor with four friends. 4 rogue squadron X-wings vs 400 ties. . . Seems fair to me!

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, it could be Rogue Squadron 3 the same way Jedi Outcast was Dark Forces 3- they could just drop the pre-title.

Call it Black Squadron, Saber Squadron or TIE-181.

Same goes if they called it Wraith Squadron or Wraith Leader, the same idea would get across.

And, of course, there's always Rogue Leader Revenge [face_batting]

Then again, Rogue Leader: Retaliation would fit, since you'd be playing the Imperials retaliating against the Rogue efforts...

5. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Haven't seen anyone else post this, so here's what Penny Arcade (warning, some course language) had to say.

[image=http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20030326l.gif]

6. redleader92055

redleader92055 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2003
    there should be a multi-player with bots like jedi outcast ythat would be cool so u could play multi player by ur self

7. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    That's actually not a bad idea. Just setting up flat out dogfights........

I like it. :D

One of my favorite levels on RL is the DS Endurance.

8. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    yes...

I bought GameCube just because of ROgue Leader...

at least at the time. :p

This is good news...this may have been one of the "Secret Projects" that LucasArts is working on, in the story from SWI #65.

9. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    [face_shocked] I never even knew! Now I have something to wait for! I mean I hope its Multi-player and excitng as the last one.

10. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    About that Endurance level.... this happens on my game but I don't know about anybody else's, when I select the Slave 1 to use it gets stuck on one of the metal objects protruding out of the Death Star before I can ever fly it. If I try to free myself I just explode and there is no way to use it in that level. :confused:

11. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    About that Endurance level.... this happens on my game but I don't know about anybody else's, when I select the Slave 1 to use it gets stuck on one of the metal objects protruding out of the Death Star before I can ever fly it. If I try to free myself I just explode and there is no way to use it in that level.

Yeah, that happens to me too. Either it's a glitch, or the team thought that using cluster missles is cheap, though that's not likely since they let you use the TIE Advanced.

12. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    Sounds cool with better graphics and all I just bought the first one it rocks.

13. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I want to Fly around the Executor.... Give me a fleet of Star Destroyers and I'll be happy...

14. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Thanks for the heads up on that PA comic. [face_laugh]

15. CorSec_CC7

CorSec_CC7 Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2003
    Yeah..I bought the GC mainly for RL...it was an added bonus when I got BH, and CW :D

16. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    I just read the little preview of it in the back of EGM. It said something like you never got to explore the Ewok-infested moon of Endor like this since Super Return of the Jedi for SNES. And then it said if you though that tripping an Imperial Walker was the only way to take it down, think again. I sure hope this is for real.

17. CorSec_CC7

Feb 24, 2003
    Dude...It isnt the only way...Just unload all 6 Torps into it and it'll explode :p hehe....Im really hoping this is some sort of subliminal reference to The X-wing book "Isards Revenge" where the Rogues took down AT-AT's without Speeders...:D

18. redleader92055

redleader92055 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2003
    about the endurance level to avoid blowing up just jam the breaks and pull up in the beging slave 1 kind of sucks in that level anyway

i hope they make the damadge ratio more realalistic insted of being able to take like 60 shots before u die

19. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    I think the Big Three( Yavin, Hoth, Endor) should be in. Havethem as the first three levels, just to mix it up. Then go into the storyline.

But this is great news. I wonder what goodies they'll put in this one.

20. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    If we are going to have new Vehicles... Put me in Charge of a Stolen AT-AT for God's Sake!!!

21. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    And then it said if you though that tripping an Imperial Walker was the only way to take it down, think again. I sure hope this is for real.

So do I. I've waited so long just to blow away an AT-AT with a torp to the "head" or blasting legs out from under it. :D

22. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Mar 8, 2003
    this COULD be an april fools joke that EGM has done in the past...

23. the_chosen_two

the_chosen_two Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 23, 2003
    Nope, EGM's past April Fool's joke was the one where they had fake pictures of toppless mode in DOAXBA. They even included a code that made sense. But atlas that code was proven wrong and proved to be there Aprils Fool's joke. Looked pretty real tho. But my fav EGM joke was the SONIC IN SSBM one.

I also love Lizzie Mc... uh...Hillary Duff. :p

24. CorSec_CC7

Feb 24, 2003
    That would be the least funny joke ever..I would hunt them down and kill them all *cackles* er...uhh...mus...regain....control..

25. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Mar 8, 2003
    why dont you send them a letter saying that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.