main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by the_chosen_two, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    That would be pretty sweet.

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    :eek:
    How awesome would that be.
    Going back to Chandrilla and Mon Cal. Breaking into the Prisons of Kessel and rescue Crix Madine from Corellia all with improved gameplay and graphics.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I would love to see the Mon Calamari level with improved graphics.

4. Lando_Bubrissian7

Lando_Bubrissian7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2004
    SCHOOL'S OUT! It's "Multiplayer" time! Everyone have a super summer! Now would be a good time to play together!

5. urgent_jedi_picnic

urgent_jedi_picnic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Question:

Has anyone seen or know whether the code to unlock the ROTJ arcade game was ever released? I saw on X-Play that it is without a doubt included in the game. But, it seems nobody can figure out how to get to it/open it/unlock it/whatever.

Been searching through google, but to no avail.

6. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Have you tried the code listed on TFN Games?

¤Night

7. urgent_jedi_picnic

Jan 14, 2003
    Yup. It's not on the list. :)

8. Stark_Rhavyn

Stark_Rhavyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2003
    This is really strange that the code hasn't been released yet. Has Factor5 completely abandoned us?! Are they mad at us for bashing their crappy on-foot missions?
    Or are they waiting until the next movie is out or close to out? But that seems crazy too, because that will be clost to two years after the game came out!
    It's also suprising that no one's figured out the code yet. Aren't there geeks out there who spend their whole day trying out codes?

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I would do it, but that would cut into my posting time.

10. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I think it's much more likely that the ROTJ game simply isn't in there to begin with.

11. urgent_jedi_picnic

Jan 14, 2003
    If it's not, then the show "X-Play" and the screenshots they showed are lies. They said it was unlockable, then showed a screen where you could toggle between the 3 arcade games, and even showed a shot of the actual ROTJ arcade game (Chewie in the ATST level).

12. P_J

P_J Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2004
    Anyone care to do a 'look back' at this game. It's down to $20 now.

I really liked it at first. But i beat it too quick, and there was just no substance to it. When the screen shots were released for it a year ago, I was super pumped. But damn near half the game was crap, and after you beat it, it just kinda fluttered off into not caring. There was no definitive end to the game. I felt cheated.

So, i hardly have ever played it. The first one on Cube had tons of replay value at least. This one was nice tasting, but with a horrible after taste.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I still really like this game. The Bakura, Destrillion, Dubrillion, Hoth, Attack on Executor and Ralltiir levels are just plain awesome.

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Genosis wasn't that bad... was it?
    I wanted more AT-AT action but with the external camera as well

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Geonosis was cool too. I neglected to mention that one.

The only "bad" mission was the Dagobah one.

16. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    The only levels with any true replay value for me are the pure flight levels (Executor, Fondor, Bakura), plus occasional runs on the speeder bike level and the walker level. The more time passes, the more I plain despise those clunky, time-wasting on-foot missions. If I wanted to play Shadows of the Empire, I'd hook up my old N64 and play it. (And there's a good reason that I don't...) ;)

17. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    They aren't making a Rogue Squadron IV. I think Factor 5 even said so. They're done with that series.

And what that J_P or P_J guy said, I heartily agree with him.

18. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Other than giving you a good time, the main goal of this game is obviously to make you feel like you're in the movies. That is one of the reasons behind the awkward camera positions in the character missions. And I have to admit that it gives a certain cinematic feel to it, and so did the ROTK game.

However, what if they had chosen a third-person view instead? Would the feeling of being a part of the action have been greater, or is it better the way it is now?

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm not sure how the on foot part could of been made better. I don't think they have mastered it yet. I thought the on foot parts were ok, but alot of negative opinions from alot of people. I also thought SOTE was good and fun. Old by todays standards but was good in its days when it came out in 97.
    Back to Rogue Squadron, Has anyone found a way to get the ROTJ Arcade game with out action replay or wateva devices? lol, common asked question ;). How about getting top scores in both ANH and ESB arcades? or every Platnium medal? maybe these things could be a way of unlocking it, don't know really but worth a try. Or maybe theres is no code or way to get it without some sort of device. Ah well

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>when it came out in 97<<

96 ;)

21. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Need some help with getting the TIE Bomber. I know that you have to play good on Bakura and earn the bomber mission. But I need some tips on how to do it well on the bomber mission. Don't you have to get a compliment for each series of missiles you shoot? Have you got any tips on how to achieve this?

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I believe you need to multi-target the turrets and do them in a certain order (farthest to nearest) so that they all hit at about the same time.

23. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    Thanks. I'll give that a try.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I could be wrong but that might just be to get a certain tech upgrade to appear, but it's been awhile.

25. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    No, you get the tech upgrade by blowing up the last building and take it out of the wreck. That was the easy part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.