main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron:Phantom Affair Question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Panther50, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I just recently read the Phantom Affair and at the end of it, the Alliance apparently has custody of a prototype superweapon called A Gravatic Polarizing Beam which I think could slice open planets or create a wormhole or something like that. I was just wondering if anyone knew what the Alliance did with it. Have they ever used it or Did they decommission it or is it just hidden somewhere in case they want to use it someday.

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Loose plot end!

I'm pretty sure that they destroyed all superweapons that they acquired.

3. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    If it was on the asteroid, it destroyed itself.

4. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    IIRC, according to the dialogue, the New Republic kept it. And possibly destroyed it.

I agree that it is a forgotten plot point, just like the white-haired lady in In the Empire's Service.

5. kever20

kever20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2004
    Never having read the TPB, I'll take a stab at it. If she was with the Alliance, she is Winter, the friend/maid/confidant of Leia Organa. If she was with the Empire, she is probably that women that shows up in "Wraith Squadron"... Perethal or some such... I don't remeber, and I don't feel like going to get it off the shelf.

/Kevin Miller

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

It marred an otherwise near-perfection comic, that idiotic wormhole thing.

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    It sure as heck looks like Winter...but it isn't her. Because she gets her orders straight from Isard.

So its just some random mystery lady. Someone should ask Stackpole about it sometime.

8. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    It sure as heck looks like Winter...but it isn't her. Because she gets her orders straight from Isard.

The girl who kills the Imp commander? I thought that she was just your average Imperial agent. That the only point was that the lazy Imp general thought she was just one of his party girls when in fact Isard had an assassin near him the whole time to take care of him when the planet had fallen to the Rebels and thus we readers were shown how cunning Iceheart is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.