main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron--Timeline question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Senator_Cilghal, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    can anyone help me figure out the chronology of:

Battle of Bakura (Truce at Bakura)

Battles of Corellia and Tralus (Rogue Leader)

Liberation of Ralltiir (Reference Books)

Wedge's crash in a sea (Tales: Lucky)

Battles of Kintoni and Chibias (Mara Jade stories)

Black Sun Civil War (Evolution)

Battle of Tandankin (X-wing comics)

Drogheda Civil War (Marvel)

Battle of Herdessa (Marvel)

Battle of Solay (Marvel)

official formation of Alliance of Free Planets (Marvel)

Battle of Kashyyk a (Marvel)

Battle of Kashyyyk b (Galactic Battlegrounds)

Battle of Naldar (Marvel)

Cantros 7 Civil War (Marvel)

"Small Wars" (Marvel)

Battle of Kabray (Marvel)

Battle of Mandalore (Insider/Gamer)

2nd Battle of Endor (Marvel)

1st Battle of Trenwyth (Marvel)

Battle of Iskalon (Marvel)

2nd Battle of Trenwyth (Marvel)

invasions of Zeltros (Marvel)

Battle of Saijo (Marvel)

Battle of Gargon (Insider)

New Republic founded (reference books)

there are various things to consider:
    1) in Rogue Leader, the Rebel HQ is still Endor, so this must be before the Rebels abandon the moon in the 2nd Battle of Endor in Marvel

2) at the end of Rogue Leader, Wedge apparently becomes Rogue Leader; wasn't Luke Rogue Leader throughout Marvel, IIRC?

3) the New Republic is not formed until AFTER Battle of Saijo

4) which Battle of Kashyyyk came first? Kashyyyk is already Imp-free it seems in Marvel when Rebels drive off Nagai slavers, yet the GB mission seems set during the time of the New Republic proper; why would the Moff and Merili abandon Kashyyyk and then come back?

5) am I correct in understanding NECh that only ONE month passes b/w ROTJ and the formation of the NR proper? how do we fit ALL these events in there?

2. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    :oops:

Its like post-Yavin all over again... too much stuff!

3. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
  4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Battle of Bakura (Truce at Bakura)

Battles of Corellia and Tralus (Rogue Leader)

Didn't XWRL #1 establish that the Corellian trip is after TtAB?

Wedge's crash in a sea (Tales: Lucky)

Is that necessarily canon? There's also the Tales story where they find the downed Lusankya... which, frankly, I like.

"But she crashed into the Death Star!!" I hear you cry...

Well, technically, she vanishes in a flash, and the blast boils up from the impact; so either someone threw her into a blind hyperjump in full reverse, losing say half a mile of bow as she impacted, or else fire control blasted their way straight through the Death Star...

Battles of Kintoni and Chibias (Mara Jade stories)

I wouldn't call either of these a battle; Mara's appearance on Kintoni is I think her next stop after the end of MJ:BTEH, within which we know that she spent two weeks on Phorliss... probably a month or two after Yavin...

Handoff has no indicators of internal dating, but could be established by external references to Ghent's age at/time of recruitment (he's born around 10 BBY)...

official formation of Alliance of Free Planets (Marvel)

Very soon after Endor, IIRC...

4) which Battle of Kashyyyk came first? Kashyyyk is already Imp-free it seems in Marvel when Rebels drive off Nagai slavers, yet the GB mission seems set during the time of the New Republic proper; why would the Moff and Merili abandon Kashyyyk and then come back?

It's possible that Merili was haulled off Kashyyyk by Kadann after Endor, and later went back?

5) am I correct in understanding NECh that only ONE month passes b/w ROTJ and the formation of the NR proper? how do we fit ALL these events in there?

*shrugs*

- The Imperial Ewok

5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    >>>Is that necessarily canon? There's also the Tales story where they find the downed Lusankya... which, frankly, I like.

"But she crashed into the Death Star!!" I hear you cry...

Well, technically, she vanishes in a flash, and the blast boils up from the impact; so either someone threw her into a blind hyperjump in full reverse, losing say half a mile of bow as she impacted, or else fire control blasted their way straight through the Death Star... <<<

Lucky came with the recent bunch of canon tales, so its in continuity... somehow. Even though there are no moons in the Corellian system... o_O

That second Tales story that you mention can't be canon for another reason---the dating is all screwed up. IIRC, its something like 2-3 days after Endor, when Wedge should have been recovering from the drone incident and on his way to Bakura. Of course, I'm not entirely opposed to there being a random SSD lying around after Endor... [face_thinking]

6. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I interpreted Gus Talon as a moon inhabited by Corellians, rather than a moon of Corellia.

7. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    it also has Drall and Selonians; certainly in the Corellian system at least

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.