main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron vs. Wraith Squadron, who would win?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jedi_sonic, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_sonic

jedi_sonic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    If the Rogue Squadron from the early X-wing series and Wraith Squadron in the later x-wing series had a competition, who would win

Kell Tainer vs. Corran Horn?

To keep it safe, lets keep it in a simulator.

2. jedi_storyteller

jedi_storyteller Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2001
    I don't think that's very fair...
    Wraith Squadron is a group of commando's that just happoen to fly well enough, and Rogue Squadron is a group of pilots that just happen to have a few commando skills...

Not very balaced in a flight sim...

3. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    The Wraiths, easily. They?d reprogram the simulators beforehand, so that at the touch of a button all the Rogues lose shields, weapons, and propulsion.

Corran: That wasn?t fair! You cheated!
    Face: Your point being??

4. jedi_storyteller

jedi_storyteller Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2001
    LOL...nevermind...I agree with the other guy...

don't forget about leaving the stuffed Ewok in the simulator...

5. jedi_sonic

Feb 18, 2002
    yub yub, Jedi_Storyteller.

This is how it would be:

Corran: All of my systems are down
    Runt: Sounds like your fear mind
    Face: Rogues are defective, ha ha
    Kell: I wonder how that happened
    Tycho: you Wraiths are up to something

Corran steps out of his simulator,grabs his lightsaber, and rushes at every wraith he spots. Mirax and Tyria start fighting, Tyria uses her small ability to use the force to beat Mirax, Wedge walks in with Luke Skywalker, and Luke stops eveyone.
    NO CONTEST!

6. jedi_sonic

Feb 18, 2002
    I think that the Rogues were better pilots. When the x-wing series changed to the wraiths, I was heartbroken

7. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    It depends on the battleground. In space, in equally equipped fighters, the Rogues have the clear edge -- although there are several Wraiths -- Kell, Face, maybe Piggy, who are certainly good enough pilots to be rogues, others like Tyria are nowhere near that level. In some kind of ground contest, though, the Wraiths would demolish the Rogues.

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Rouges would win, there too lucky...

9. Jedi_Andrew_Solo

Jedi_Andrew_Solo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 5, 2002
    It would depend on which author wrote the story...

Seriously the Rogues would tear up the Wraiths in space. The Wraiths would probably edge out a win against the Rogues on the ground.

10. DarthBurns

DarthBurns Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    What do you mean, who would win?

Who would win in a what? Wheelchair Race? Dancing competition?

11. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    The Rogues could win would be if it was a fair fight. The Wraiths don?t fight fair. The Wraiths cheat! Therefore, the Wraiths are going to win, guaranteed.

12. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Depends on the category -

Dogfight: No contest. Wraiths get obliterated.

Commando mission: More equal, but the Wraiths kick butt.

Barroom brawl: Wraiths

Standup comedy: Wraiths

You make up some more categories . . .

13. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Squadron naming competition: Wraiths

Practical joke contest: Wraiths

Being arrogant: Rogues

:p

14. Ghost_of_Lt_Kettch

Ghost_of_Lt_Kettch Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    I don't mean this to sound insulting to the Wraiths, but they should've stuck with Dinner Squadron. ;)

15. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    But here's the 64 million dollar question:

Whose side would Wedge be on???

16. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    As I said, the Rogues would win in a dogfight, but it wouldn't be "no contest." Most of the Wraiths aren't Rogue level flyers, but they're far from incompetent -- as was pointed out in the books, they've passed Wedge's standards. And at least a quarter of the Wraiths ARE Rogue-level flyers, but because of problems (like Kell with leadership and landing) that were solved during the books, they were busted down. I think that in a dogfight there would definitely be heavy casualties on both sides, and the Rogues would come out victorious at less than half strength.

Maybe I'll write a fanfic of this over break...

As for Kell vs. Corran, Corran would win, but I think Kell could stand up to most of the other Rogues. Probably not Wedge, Tych, Hobbie, but he's on par with most of them.

17. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Well if it were Kell vs Corran we all know Corran would win, because Kell would have him locked in his sights, with Corrans ship malfunctioning, so Corran would quickly grab a vac suit, ignite his 'Saber and eject and use his Saber to take Kell out. Because Corran is that da*n good.

18. Jediflyer

Jediflyer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 5, 2001
    Wedge would be on the Wraith's side because they're his pet squadron. Luke would be on the Rogue's side, since he founded them.

Who would win a Wedge vs. Luke in space?

19. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    Luke would win, but Luke's not a part of this I say. And I'd also make it Corran as he was in the X books, not with all the acquired Force-skill he's got "now."

And to make things interesting, we could have Wedge play a "loser's advantage," flying for whichever team is doing worse at any given time, or something like that...

20. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

[image=http://ptcsucks.hypermart.net/sucks.gif]

21. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    That bad Kier?

Who win? Neither. Wedge was in command of both squadrons at the time they were both still a part of Starfighter Command. Now the Wraiths are a special ops unit with New Republic Intelligence. But when they were both in the same branch of the service they would never have been allowed to fight. Plus both squadrons seemed to have a respect for each other that would prevent such a fight.

However, if you want to still ask the question, try the sim scene in Solo Command. By Solo Command Wedge was commanding both squadrons, but was back to flying with the Rogues. He and Tycho went up against Kell and Runt in order to try out a tactic the Wraiths had devloped for a mixed X-wing/TIE squadron, which they were. And they beat the Wraith pilots, though all agreed the tactic would be useful, early in an engagement.

On the ground you face another problem in the fact that while the Wraiths were choosen because they were pilots who had skills useful for commando operations, the Rogues are used to commando duty as well. Especially Wedge, Tycho, Hobbie, and Janson, who had to use such tactics before the squadron was reformed at the beginning of Rogue Squadron. The Wraiths would have a bit of an advantage in that they wouldn't fight fair, but the Rogues are known for doing things that seem impossible.

22. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, I thought the same as you Kier, until you posted that picture... [face_laugh]

23. Morgan-Sunrider

Morgan-Sunrider Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2001
    Lets be honest folks. On the ground .. Wraiths , they are without doubt one of the best ground units there is ( hmm who'd win between Wraiths and pages boys ?? ) Between them they have such a broad range of skills. As an insurgance force they are better , and sides Janson didnt fly with hte rogues in the X-wing books ( only before and hten after ) so in the X-Wing timeline he'd be with them and overwhelm the rogus with jokes ;o)

However in space combat the rogue would win , though it would not b an easy task.

Cheers

'Rider

24. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    "However, if you want to still ask the question, try the sim scene in Solo Command. By Solo Command Wedge was commanding both squadrons, but was back to flying with the Rogues. He and Tycho went up against Kell and Runt in order to try out a tactic the Wraiths had devloped for a mixed X-wing/TIE squadron, which they were. And they beat the Wraith pilots, though all agreed the tactic would be useful, early in an engagement."

First of all, it was Face and Lara versus Wedge and Tycho, not Kell and Runt. Secondly, the sim ended with the sides still evenly numbered, Wedge versus Face. Tycho was the first one eliminated from the battle. I would't call that a Rogue's victory.

25. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    ...third, it wasn't a test of flying skills, but an experiment designed to test a potential new but unproved strategy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.