main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Dark_Sith_Alf, Nov 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dimetrodon

Dimetrodon Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 24, 2001
    got up to jade moon witht eh tie fighter john.
    i got 3 gold and the rest silver

2. Rogue-Leader

Rogue-Leader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Did you use any codes?

3. Albe-won_kenobi

Albe-won_kenobi Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2001
    I hate the Thyferra level. There's like four Tie Interceptors (I call them hunter-killers) programmed to kill you. They're really slow, so they have super-manueverablity, they have dead-accurate turbolasers (I swear they are turbolasers), and they never ever give up. They're almost impossible to tell from all the other red dots on the radar, and if you crash it, you die instead of him...

However, that's all compensated for when you get to Seerdon...just drive 3 torpedoes into his ship and he goes down.

4. Dimetrodon

Aug 24, 2001
    no codes, and i never actuall beat jade moon witht he tie. onl got to it.

not sure what you mean about those 4 intercepters. if someone bothers me i blow the hell outa them or torpedo them to ashes hehe.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, there are a lot of Interceptors on Thyferra that seem to concentrate all their fire on you. It's very hard to kill them, especially on a head-to-head pass.

6. ObiJohnKenobi

ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Dimetrodon - you're winning. I haven't had a chance to play over the weekend, but I'll be back ....

Albe - I know what you mean. They home in and dogfight you, following you and flying round you in circles. There's one on Taloran aswell, which pops up when you reach the Cloud City at the end of the level.

The best way to kill em is make sure you're in the V-Wing, which turns so fast they just can't handle it. And even if you can't line up on em you can get em with the cluster seeker missiles.

God I love that V-Wing.

7. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    So you guys are seeing who can beat the game the fastest with the TIE Interceptor. Oh yeah, the V-Wing doesn't look like it's going to be in Rogue Leader.

8. Dimetrodon

Aug 24, 2001
    bye bye v-wing.....

hello b-wing :D :D :D

do we know of any secret vehicles?

i'm sure the falcon is in it but what about tie fighters or e-wings or something?

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I use the Interceptor on every level except the ones where I have to use the snowspeeder. I usually get golds the first time through.

10. Dimetrodon

Aug 24, 2001
    i was always told that any vehicle can be flown in a speeder level once you get all gold.

it sucks that you can't.

i would love to bomb AT-AT's or beat the imp shipyards with the x-wing.

11. ThrawnFreak

ThrawnFreak Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    I have 19 golds on my name, and i didn't use any cheat codes(i didnt know about 'em)Its awesome being able to fly any ship on all but the speeder levels. The hardest mission for me to beat was Moff Seerdons revenge...i *always always* shot two bacta tanks when trying to kill gun turrets...i finally made it without killing them!! woohoo Sullust is easy...just bomb and bomb and bomb...i usually kill myself after i run out of the first 20 bombs, and then rock on. Good luck to all those who can't beat it ;) heres a quote from RS: "Picking up something strange on my scopes..."

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I want to be able to strafe AT-ATs with X-wings, too, but I guess you can't.

13. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah, using the X-Wing to destroy the AT-AT would be cool.

14. Dimetrodon

Aug 24, 2001
    you get one in the new hoth level. but i think its as a switch in sot he at-at's may be gone befor eyou can use it i'll be upset if that is so. we need a level where we use some walkers or tie's i'd love a code that converts all enemies to rebels and you get to fly as various ties and imp vehicles :D but that is very very wishful thinking

15. Dark_Sith_Alf

Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000
    ThrawnFreak's Rogue Squadron quote was said by Wedge on the "Defection at Correllia" level.

16. ObiJohnKenobi

Aug 30, 2001
    Dimetrodon - I just cleared Chandrilla in my TIE. Where are you up to?

17. Dimetrodon

Aug 24, 2001
    long time...
    well i am up to sullust now.

18. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    I also Have gotten all golds on all levels without using the cheats. Took me a full month to do it, but I did it. I have pretty much done everything possible in that game. The Sullust level was pretty tough for me, but know I can do it without even getting killed, I even get golds on it a lot of times as well. You guys should try actual dogfighting against those TIs in Thyferra, not head ons, but actual dogfighting. After I defeated one of them like that I realized there were no other challenges left. Oh well trying to get BFNs platnium will keep me busy for a long, long, long time.

19. ObiJohnKenobi

Aug 30, 2001
    Dimetrodon - me too, and its impossible. So I skipped it and tried Moff Seerdon's Revenge, and that was impossible too. Its those damn missiles.

Guardsman - yeah, it is possible to dogfight those things if you're in a quick-turning ship like the A-Wing, or preferably (I've said it once and I'll say it again) the V-Wing.

20. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    You guys are trying to beat Sullust with the TIE! Good luck.

21. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    I actually have dogfought those TIs in the Xwing and after a while I won, it's a matter of spacing your lasers and shooting at the right time. You basically have to be willing to do a lot of loops and turns, but with practice it's almost easy.

As for beating Sullust with a TI, I have also done that, most of the time I lose a life, but on rare occasions I have beat without dying. Getting gold with a TI is a whole other story, I don't even want to attempt it with a TI.

22. Dimetrodon

Aug 24, 2001
    i am so lazy, all i ever do is post in 20 questions :D :D

anyway TIE has an E in it lol
    and it is also very unpossible to fail english or beat sullust with a TIE.

seardons isn't too difficult till the shuttle comes in which you need missiles to fight. lol

calamari is hard because the tie-d fighters are so damn fast.

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Using a TIE on Sullust is much, much easier than using a Y-wing.

24. Dimetrodon

Aug 24, 2001
    :eek: whaaa....?

25. Rogue-Leader

Aug 6, 2001
    Are you sure Bib? I got a gold on Sullust with the Y-Wing. Of course I've never played Sullust with any other ship but the Y-Wing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.