main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogues And Scoundrels *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Jedi_Natalie, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Well after flipping through the new SW Insider a couple times I realized I had completely missed the ad for Rogues & Scoundrels!! Besides the preview card I think this might be our first look into the set.

On the spread you can see Bossk, Dengar, Boba Fett, IG-88, Zuckuss & 4-LOM.

This is going to be a fun set with bounty. There is a new ability - or anti-ability that I'm not to keen on but understand the need for: Upkeep

On Boba Fetts card it says:
    Upkeep: Pay 1 build point, discard 1 card from your hand, or tap this unit (Play upkeep when your build step starts)

Dengar has:
    Upkeep: Put 1 damage counter on Dengar

The bounty portions of these cards is covered up but I think Dengars has something ot do with removing all of his damage counters. Boba Fetts says something about tapping one of your opponents units for Bounty.

Well it should be interesting and the images look great so far! This will deffinately be a fun set.

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I'd like to get my hands on some ESB before this set comes out! Seriously though, this looks like it has the potential to be a sweet expansion.

3. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    A buddy found this on eBay last night... our second fully-spoiled Rogues and Scoundrels card (the March "preview" Jedi Nights promo) is:

Lando's Trickery Promo #34
    Battle - Neutral
    Tap one of your untapped Neutral units -> Disrupt a Battle card. (That card has no effect.)
    "Your ship? Hey, remember, you lost her to me fair and square."

Click the card name to have a looksee.

4. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Wow, that is hilarious that someone in Japan has a card for sale a month before the set comes out in the U.S. Even if it is a promo version.

5. RedneckJedi

May 20, 2002
    Like all good SW:TCG boys and girls, I hope you've stopped by Wizards' official site to check out the 8 spoiled cards from the Rogues & Scoundrels set!

6. RedneckJedi

May 20, 2002
    Thanks to Valoisian (from a report by Centurion), for the notification that Wizards' Rogues and Scoundrels section of their SW:TCG site is now available.

There are a few newly spoiled cards there, so check it out!

7. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Some of these cards look really interesting to play. Upkeep is going to be a challenge but hopefully there will be cards out there to help balance it (ie. locations or other things that aid in force gain and card drawing). Bossk deff has a neat card. It will be differnt to have a set that is 80% neutral too.

8. Anakin_Skywalker217

Anakin_Skywalker217 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Bacabachaui, I think you got it wrong... Japan is a totaly different country than Taiwan... Unless I read it wrong... Anyway, I'm going to get Rogues and Scoundrels as soon as it comes out!

9. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Heh he,... I was just doing that to see if anyone would notice... Yes,..That's it. :p

10. Anakin_Skywalker217

Anakin_Skywalker217 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2003
    Yeah... Because my relatives live in Taiwan... :p

11. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I'm frustrated. I got my booster box and I am missing 4 rares...which is fine however 2 that I am missing are Guri and Zixor which might be a couple of the highest cost cards to buy indiviually. I wnated to buy a booster box this time to help eliminate the chance of not getting some of the best cards in the set since I missed out on ANH Krayt Dragon and can't find them anywhere anymore. I wish I had bought it when I had the chance.

12. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    If you ask me, I'm disgusted with the Shadows of the Empire cards they stuck in there. Are they just viewing actors and sources Decipher used as taboo?

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I don't think they are allowed to use anything that Decipher used. COrrect me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of the TCG card images are even the same as ones used in the CCG.

14. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Yah I think all the images used by Decipher are licensed by Decipher (ie the mara jade/talon karrde/etc photo shoot pictures) since Wizards didn't actually pay to have those actors/authors come in to take the pictures. They would have to pay out and do their own thing like with the last Mara Jade card. At least they got a decent picture of Kyle Katarn from the computer game. What I'm confused about is they had Shannon there for the last Mara Jade photo shoot - surely they got more than 1 good picture? Why did they resort to CG?

15. LoSeR13

LoSeR13 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    i purchased dengar, boba fett, krayt dragon, guri, and 2 ugnaughts

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I thought the pic of Shannon was a stock pic that she already had done and they just paid to use?? Never the less, there has to be other pictures of her that they could have used. Or at least get a decent CG artist. I'm sorry, but Mara B, Guri, and Dash all look really scary to me.

17. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    They did a photo shoot with Shannon for the fan-made card. I also don't understand why they used CG. Surely they got more than 1 picture of her at the photoshoot. I love the CG for vehicles and some scenery and creatures. But characters (as we've seen with TPM) really are better with live actors.

18. LoSeR13

LoSeR13 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    the first mara looks alot better than the second

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.