main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rokkaku-dai Heights - The Jet Set Radio Future Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    So, who has played this game? I think it's made mainly for XBox, but still, it's pretty cool. To explain it, it's sorta a Techno/Urban futuristic roller skating game with cool stunts, cool grinds, and cool characters. So, all JSRF fans can come here and discuss and spoil the plays for everyone else. ;)

Anyway, have fun.

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I have owned JSRF since it came out in January 2002. It is only for Xbox. It is the follow up to the Dreamcast game Jet Set Radio. It is a great game, a mix of platforming and exploring, with some great cel-shading (Before cel-shading became clichè and everyone started doing it) graphics. I must admit that I have yet to finish the game, it is quite lengthy, yet it is blazing fast and fun as Hell. My main complaint would be that later in the game things get very repetitive (And frustrating), as you must go back through each level again.

Great game!

3. Gingers_Ninja

Gingers_Ninja Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2003
    Um... I'm a big fan of Jet Set Radio, never saw an opportunity to buy an X-Box though.

Still, there's no real difference.
    Slightly better graphics, a new soundtrack. Pretty much the same game repackaged.

4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    My main complaint would be that later in the game things get very repetitive (And frustrating), as you must go back through each level again.

Yeah, i'd have to agree, like competing a few times against the Kingpen of bad graffti in each level, and you know, stuff like that. :)

5. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Slightly better graphics, a new soundtrack. Pretty much the same game repackaged.

Wow........that's pretty inaccurate.

The gameplay system is totally different than JSR's. JSR was a much more complicated game in terms of control, whereas JSRF is "dumbed down" in terms of moves, and spraying tags. The soundtrack IS[/b] different, as you said. The graphics are much improved over JSR. By your description, I would assume you've never played JSRF.

6. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Well, i've never played JSR, so i wouldn't be able to tell the diffrence. :)

7. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I've only played JSR; don't have enough money or want to pick up an Xbox and it now. I love JSR; I'm saddened somewhat to hear that they dumbed down the controls as I thought JSR's controls were perfect, as is. :(

I loathe what they did to Prof. K's hair and Gum's outfit. Other than that, the graphics look snazzy.

And the soundtrack is different? :( The dreamcast version was awesome! ...What's it like on the Xbox?

8. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Not to nitpick, but the American version of the Dreamcast game was actually called Jet Grind Radio for some odd reason.

9. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Then how did it evolve into JSRF? JSRF is as american as you can get. :confused:

10. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    The PR people obviously thought that the european and Japanese Jet 'Set' Radio sounded better than 'Grind'.

I believe it was called Jet 'Grind' Radio for the fact that they did'nt want to upset Matt Smith, who made this... [image=http://www.sincuser.f9.co.uk/shared/sshots/jetset.gif]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.