main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Role Playing 101

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Syrix_Kahl, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Was the food here even edible? Probably not.

LoL! :D

2. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC: Oh, no. What am I eating!!!!!

3. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel, yes, I'll be charging you for your meal and the two drinks (it is two right? you ordered a refil)

And I'll be charging the rest of you accordingly.

Hooper McFinney's is a great place - all drinks 3 credits, all meals 4 credits. (so 2 drinks and meal makes up your 10 credits, Fel)

And on with the story...

Despite the general mumble of multiple conversations and the everpresent, tacky music coming from the empty HoloNet booths, the sound of shouts from outside the bar could be heard.

The bartender looked towards the door, "Damn drunks." He turned back to cleaning the beer glasses, but it was still obvious that most of his attention was focused on the door.

Quite suddenly, the doors burst inwards as a body came flying into the bar. The man tried to push himself up.

"Not so fast, friend." Another man had entered the bar, and was pointing a blaster at the man on the ground. He pressed the barrel of his blaster against the man's forhead, "Any last requests?"

"Yeah, you can get outta my bar!"

The bartender had quietly placed the glass he was cleaning away and was now pointing a semi-automatic Shot-Blaster at the man with the gun.

The whole scene seems frozen in time for a few seconds. It was broken by a voice coming in from outside.

"We'll take it from here."

Two members of the CPF (Coruscant Police Force had arrived, in relatively good time. One of them set about arresting the two involved. While the other headed over to the bar.

He came over right next to Jimb-Oh Lihm, "Excuse me, Sir." He leant across the bar, taking a look at the weapon in the bartenders hands, "You've got a license for that, right?"
    The bartender pointed to a small plaque above the bar. The copper nodded, "Just making sure. These gang attacks have been getting worse and worse, but we're having trouble cracking down on them. We're under-manned and under-eqipped. Anyway, a good evening to you."

"Aye."

The officer turned to Lihm as he went to leave, "Sorry about the disturbance, sir."

He hadn't taken two steps when he looked back at Limh.

"..You're a Jedi! Uh... well, the CPF don't normally ask for this kinda thing. And I'm sure the Jedi Council are busy with other matters but..." he took a nervous look around the room. He spotted Ki-Dara at a HoloNet booth, "B-but maybe your apprentice could help us! Y'see, we need someone to take care of this gang for us, there's no way we could do it oursleves. I'm sure I could organise a small reward for you."

The bartender looked over, "Heck, if you can stop this gang warfare, I'll even chip in with some credits."

-------------

Now it's over to you guys. Yes, I do realise that Ki-Dara isn't Jimb-Oh's padawan, but do you think that an ordinary non-Jedi would either?

Anyway, take it away.

Oh, and once the CPF leave the bar, I'm sure that McFinney's got some stuff out the back that he'd be willing to sell you ;)

4. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Ki-Dara was busy downloading his information to a data card before his time ran out. 3 credits didn't get a person very far down here, it seemed. Being a Padawan Learner, he hadn't really had to deal with credits, since the Order provided all the necessities of life. He was awarded a meagre allowance each week if his training went well and his chores completed but other than that.....

It slowly dawned on him that there were people with their attention fixed on him. He turned towards the bar to see 2 CPFers, a Jedi Knight and half a bar full of people all looking at him with warm expectation all over their faces.

Quickly accessing the amazing memory inherent in the Cerean species, he realised that the CPFers were inviting him to join them on a special mission against the local gangs that were terrorising this neighbourhood.

He quickly weighed the situation. He had no Master and needed one. He had little money and little need of it but it proved a powerful lure to others. The people of this neighbourhood needed and deserved his help and he must do what he could.

Ki-Dara-jundi snatched up and pocketed the data card as he stood up from the booth, trying to look as confident as he could.

"I will help you in this matter, although I must defer the final decision to this Jedi Knight, for I must seek official approval for all of my actions. If he thinks it wise, I will help you and offer some of the reward to anyone who would come with me in good faith. For I have little need of money."

Ki-Dara looked towards Jimb-Oh Lihm, with a slightly hopeful, slightly pleading glint in his eye. He had no authority and the mysterious Knight must approve of his actions as the highest ranking Jedi under the cicumstances.......

......and in the back of his mind, Ki-Dara realised his assignment might be more than a little late.

5. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera moved her hand back away from the combat knife hidden in her jacket as things broke up. No need to fight her way out of here; everything was quieting down. Time to play the impressed female admirer. Kera downed the rest of her drink and turned towards the two Jedi. Blinking her eyes innocently, she asked, "Are you two really Jedi Knights?"

6. MrJango

MrJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2002
    Jimb-Oh Lihm was disturbed by what had just happened. he knew very well that the other jedi in the room wasnt his appentice, and he didnt enjoy ruling over people.

but Ki-Dara Jundi seemed like a fairly experienced jedi. the mission was dangerous, of course, but he felt confident that Ki-Dara could handle it. a simple street gang was no match for an experienced jedi knight.

glancing back at the CPF-man, he opened his mouth, with a small glimpse of uncertainty in his face.
    suddenly he asked: "Will I have to come with him?"

7. ForceStrong

ForceStrong Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    IC: When the scuffle outside had suddenly appeared inside, Gay-Len barely paid it any notice. The CPF may not always be punctual, but it was best to stay out of it until they arrived. As expected, two officers entered the bar to deal with the offenders. She had nearly finished her meal when they announced they were looking for Jedi to assist in rounding up some local gangs. ?Interesting. They offered it to the younger one,? she mused. She had seen the two jedi, but hadn?t thought they might be a team. The way the younger one was handling, it suggested that they weren?t. But her eyes darted up again when the near-Jedi announced an invitation to any who wished to join him and share the credits earned. It was quite the tempting offer.

She had never had any formal training with the force. Her father had been sensitive too, and shown her how to hide her presence in it. They hadn?t wanted them to take their daughter from them when she was born, and they were afraid there might be some retribution for their refusal. Since then, Gay-Len had avoided Jedi. It had been fairly simple, as she preferred to work alone. She was most often a body guard for high ranking officials in the outer rim who preferred to have an attractive human female hovering around at all times rather than a less attractive, and slightly foul-smelling Wookiee. But she had grown disillusioned. At some point, it occurred to her that some of her clients must have done something immoral if people were trying to kill them, and her sense of justice made it difficult to defend those who perhaps had earned a less than desirable fate.

But this job was more to her liking. All it entailed was helping the good guys punish the bad guys. The only obstacle was she would have to interact with the Jedi. But she could deal with that difficulty later. For now, the mistryl seemed to have the older one?s attention. She left her four credits on the table and made her way towards the younger.

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Mitth broke his gaze from the woman he was observing moments ago to watch the scuffle and the announcement for help by the CPFs. He listened to the younger Jedi's proposal and slowly stood. He needed the money and thought that disposing of a gang would be an easy job.

He had disposed of far worse groups before.

"I'll help." He said in a quiet and calm tone, his hood still hiding his features. "I'll help round up these...vermin." A small smile could be particially seen creeping on his lips.

TAG: DA and whoever else.

Might I recommend the TAG system. This way we can alert other players if they are needed to respond to something in your post.

9. MrJango

Mar 17, 2002
    The more Jimb-Oh thought about it, the more foolish did his question sound. More and more people wanted to join in and they were quite many now.

before the CPF man answered his question, he changed his mind and said in a happy voice: "Of course he can do this, if he wants to. but i must warn him," he turned to Ki-Dara. "that a jedi does not crave fortune, nor does he use the force for attack, but only knowledge or defence. Think about that, my young padawan.

those words sounded fake. Jimb-Oh hated to lie, especially to honorable men. but at the same time, had started to have douts if he should ask to join the mission, too. nothing else ever really happened nowadays. but in the end he decided not to. it would only bring problems. yoda had tought him that jedi should not crave adventure or excitement, and Jimb-Oh felt he could not fail yoda. he wouldnt disobey him.

10. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Well, well. They were indeed Jedi. Kera bit her lip. Now this was an interesting situation. The Jedi obviously were going to try to hunt down a gang, and bring a couple of the bar's denizens along to help. The money was tempting. 'But the gang may also be in need of my assistance', she thought wryly. Depending how deeply they were rooted in the organized crime in this sector, that could be more profitable. Ahhh, decisions. Of course, she could always stay out of it, maybe even flirt with the man who'd headed to the holo terminal earlier - what had the bar tender told the Jedi his name was...Sel, Fel... - see if he knew of any good jobs in the area. Kera'd have to make a decision quickly, and hope it led to a nice sum of credits, as well.

11. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    K-Dara gave a serious and thoughtful nod as Jimb-Oh Lihm issued his approval and his advice. "Thank you Master. I would be honoured if you would join me on this mission yourself but if your destiny lies along a diferent path, then may the Force be with you". He gave a small, respectful bow to the Knight.

With that he turned to face Kera , who stood at his side with fluttering eyes. "I am not a Jedi Knight yet, miss, but I am training to be one. Are you interested in joining me upon this mission, Miss......?", obviously searching for a name to put to a striking face.

At that point, Mitth called out from his shadowy spot amongst the booths. Ki-Dara could sense experience in his throaty, coarse voice. A man of the Galaxy, no doubt. "Join me at that booth if you are" he said to Kera and made his way through the crowd to Mitth's table.

"Greetings, sir. I am Padawan Ki-Dara-Jundi of the Jedi Order. I heard you say that you would help me in this mission. What is your name? I mean not to test the validity of your words in any way but do you have any experience in this sort of situation?"

TAG: Jimb-Oh Lihm, Kera and Mitth

12. MrJango

Mar 17, 2002
    as ki-dara made his way towards mitths booth, Jimb-Oh smiled to him self. he had a feeling that that jedi would become a success sometime in the future.
    "May the force be with you, my 'padawan'."

after wispering his blessings to ki-dara, he turned to the bar and said to the bartender: "hand me a sprunzx drink and a grilled wampa stake, would you."

he paid, but decided to go to the bathroom while the food was being prepared. feeling confident that this night would not be anything special, he dissappeared into a doorway and locked the bathroom door around him.

13. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Well, that was that. Kera grabbed her jacket and followed the Jedi-to-be to the booth. What made him realize she wasn't just some helpless and star struck woman? 'I'm too new to this.' She blew another strand of hair out of her face as she slid in across from him. "I'm impressed. I didn't think anyone would recognize me as anything other then a ditz." Kera gave the Jedi a small smile. "My name's D'uril." She extended her hand towards Ki-Dara.

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Mitth sized up the Jedi Padawan like he would when assessing[sp?] a situation he had gotten himself into. He then glanced at D'uril and did the same with her, momentarily pausing longer on her features. "You can call me Dire Wolf." He answered Ki-Dara at last, giving his old call sign that he used when his unit was first beginning.

"As for my experiance, lets just say I have disposed of worse scum then mere street gangs and faced death so many times that it could fill several of your lifetimes." Which was true if anyone knew about his history in the Ka'moti War fought long ago in the Unknown Regions between the Chiss and the savage Ka'moti lizards.

TAG: DA and InyriForge

15. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: Hey! This is really fun! I wish I'd of done this a long time ago. Oh, and if my name's too long to type, you can just call me Inyri while OOC. :)

IC:
    Kera hid her surprise. She'd never seen an alien like Dire Wolf before. Although in the past few years since she'd begun travling off Emberlene, she'd seen a good deal of aliens she hadn't known existed. He spoke like a merc, or maybe even a bounty hunter. Most likely it was the former.

'This had better be good money,' she thought, turning her attention to the more important matter. As a mistryl, Kera used her warrior skills in order to earn credits to send back to her homeworld, which had been devastated years before in a war. She didn't care what side of the galactic law she was currently working under, just that there were credits going into her pocket. Might as well find out how much she could make on this job. "How many creds are we talking here?"

16. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    Hooper McFinney's Escape

As Fel finished his sandwhich, he thought to himself, stupid gangs, waltzing in like they know everything. Good thing they were taken care of easily.

Some Jedi and a mysterious figure were planning to go get the gangs. Damn semaritans. But there was a bounty, and he was a bounty hunter.

But there were four or five people now. There wouldn't be enough money for everyone. So he decided to sit it out.

At the Holonet station, he went to a few sites, including the Jedi Council site and a few entertainment sites. All this for 3 credits.

He looked to the bartender. Fel had heard from a trusted source that the bartender had smuggled some interesting items. A few that Fel could find usefull.So he got up and went to the bar, to get some information.

Tag:Syrix

17. ForceStrong

ForceStrong Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    IC: ?Blast,? she thought, ?the mistryl had moved on to the younger one and the two of them had already made their way to the booth near the back where the Chiss had invited them to join him. The master Jedi had opted not to join them, and though she was still unsure if the Cerean male was in fact his padawan, it mattered little considering the human master would not be joining them. A fortunate turn of events, as it would be much easier to hide her talents from a mere initiate than a well-seasoned Jedi.

Well, she had better introduce herself quickly before the team became too large. As she stepped up to the booth, she asked coyly, ?Is there room for one more??

18. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera snapped back to the booth, having caught her attention slipping back to the man at the holo terminal. Now some woman was trying to get in on this. How many creds were they talking?! Kera desperately needed to know if this was worth pursuing. If her cut was only going to be a few hundred creds, she'd be better off looking for work elsewhere. Kera looked up, "Ask the Jedi, he's calling the shots at the moment." She slid over. "But you're welcome to sit down."

19. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Looking up to the newcomer, Ki-Dara smiled. Then he motioned to Mitth and Kera....

"Welcome, I am Ki-Dara-Jundi. This is Dire Wolf and D'uril. I assume that you wish to join us in the matter of the street gangs terrorising this neighbourhood, correct?

To the matter of the reimburement for your services, I myself am not sure of the amounts in question but if you allow me a short moment I will try to find out from the law enforcement officers and the bartender."

Ki-Dara stood and straightened his robes. Taking a moment to centre his mind, he glanced around the bar and took in his surroundings. Jedi Knight Jimb-Oh Lihm had turned back to the bar then walked out towards the washrooms, clearly not interested in this affair.

"A true shame, I may have learnt something from him" thought Ki-Dara to himself.

The bartender was serving him a fresh drink and shouting orders into the grubby kitchen behind the bar. It occured to him that the bartender had pulled some very serious weaponary(sp?) not more than a few minutes earlier.....maybe he would be able to provide his comrades with some more extensive armaments with which to fight.

The two CPF officers were milling about and talking to each other in hushed tones, listening to radio feeds going directly into their ears. Ki-Dara strode confidently over to them, putting on as good a show as he could.

"Excuse me, Officers. I have found some people in this establishment who are interested in helping me with the gang problem in this neighbourhood. But they are wondering how much the reward is which you mentioned earlier.....they should not like to risk their necks without fair recompense."

TAG: ForceStrong, Syrix (for the cop reactions).

20. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Well, first things first. You all handled that rather well. Although I should point out that I was planning on running this is a similar fashion to a PnP game, in that all the players would work together in a party. Nevertheless, I can still work the two of you who have not joined the praty yet back into the storyline. So MrJango and Baron_Fel, the choice is yours, to continue by yourselves (and meet up with the group later), or join up now (make it sound realistic if you do change your minds. Although a word of warning, you will most probably not be as strong as the other players if you do go solo.

Which brings me to my second point - Vital Stats. Now considering that I don't have any SW handbooks this may be a little tricky. I want to introduce stats, which would probably be based on D&D stats (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence and Charisma). Of couse, since you've already got characters, the stats would be tweaked somewhat (rather than rolled up on dice). The alternative is that I leave stats out of your side of the game, and use modified rolls instead of actually allocating stats to your characters? The choice is yours, by popular vote, and FID if you would be so kinda as to provide a seventh vote to avoid a deadlocked result.

Storyline:
    Fel, you approach the bar and wait for McFinney to come over to you. You discuss a few things. The fine establishment he owns, the quality of his drinks, the arms he has stored out the back-

Hooper: What... hush, not so loud while the CPF are around. I may have a license to seel you alchol, but when it comes to merchandise, well, that's something else all together. He motions vaguely in the direction of the two CPF officers, as if he was infact giving you directions. After those two clear off, I'll let you see the selection I have available. It's not much, I should be getting a shipment soon, though, it's just a matter of time.

Meanwhile, the two officers finished talking, one moved outside, the other turned to the young jedi who had just approached him.

Veknar: Fair enough I guess. The cop quickly checks with the local department, over the commlink. He looks back at Ki-Dara. Three thousand credits, you and your friends can divide it up between you as you like. Anyway, once you've done the job, just bring the gang leader into the station. I've gotta take those two back now, I hope I'll see you again soon.

The policeman walked out of the bar and the CPF speeder could be heard moving off.

---

Ok, I think that covers everything. As always, any questions, just ask.

21. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: I'm afraid I don't know what any of the stat stuff means (part of the reason I enrolled). I'll just go along with whatever the group decides.

~Inyri

22. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC: I'll try going solo because all the other characters are either aligned to good or neutral, while I'm aligned to evil. But maybe I'll meet up with them later.

IC:
    Hooper McFinney's Escape

"The cops are gone. Show me your merchandise immediately," Fel whispered to Hooper. He waited for the bartender to reply.

23. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    3,000 creds...was the Jedi taking a cut? Kera smiled slightly. 1000 creds would be decent for a few days work. And she could keep her eyes open for a possible job while they looked into this gang. Although 4 people to stop a crime organization? That didn't seem so great, even if one was a Jedi, and the other claimed he could handle anything they threw at him. She didn't think she could handle it if more then two of them jumped her at once. Kera wondered about the other woman; did she have any sort of training?

She needed a drink. Kera motioned for the waitor and ordered a rather exotic one, handing him her credits. She was greatful when he reappeared a few moments later with her drink. She flashed a smile, thanked him, and sipped her drink. "So do we try to take them out violently, or join up and destroy them from within?"

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    "The subtle way is better." Mitth replied calmly. "Though if we do use that approach, prepare to make sacrifices. Most gangs usually have an initiation ritual to see if you have what it takes to join. Such as committing crimes of various degrees, beating up another gang member, or holding your own as the entire gang tests your dexterity and strength." He warned and also ordered another mug of Forvish ale.

OOC: Shuddaup Jello! :D

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    OOC: You spelled Forvish wrong. And you call yourself a Thrawn fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.