main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Role Playing 101

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Syrix_Kahl, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera pulled herself up and out of the vehicle. She hoped no one would ask her anything personal. Saying "I normally work to protect crime lords" would probably go over poorly with the CPF. She didn't want to be known as the failure who'd ended up in a Coruscant prison. Ah, well, at least if she was talking to the CPF, she wasn't going to be able to pick a fight with Dire Wolf.

Kera caught up with the Jedi, blowing a strand of hair out of her face. "Just between you and me, let's not bring up my profession in all of this," she said softly. Kera wanted to kick herself. It sounded as if she was begging him. Well, in a way, wasn't that what she was doing? She changed her blaster setting to stun. If they had to check their weapons at the door, it would look better if it wasn't set to kill.

2. MrJango

MrJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2002
    Jimb-Oh sat down in the backseat of the taxi. this one was piloted by a droid, which was good, because droids weren't nosy or courious about other peoples intentions.

a jedi traveling out to sector 3 wasn't that strange, but a jedi heading for a warehouse in area 1 of sector 3 was very unusual.

the droid hadnt said anything the whole time, except for asking where Jimb-Oh was going. He liked that, it gave him the opportunity to think about the mission and the circumstances. who was this Kol Tebar? what species was he? all Jimb-Oh could be sure of was that he was a jedi knight who probably had some useful information for him.

oh well, if he knew his geography correct it was a pretty long way to go from the jedi temple to sector 3, so he could just sit back and enjoy the calmness while he had it.

3. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    IC: Gay-Len sighed as she resolved to go in with the other two. ?Hope you don?t mind being lonely for a few minutes, Wolf.? She said to the Chiss as she hurried out of the taxi and chased after the others. ?It isn?t that I don?t trust them,? she mused, ?but I would rather learn the info first hand, rather than relying on them to decide what could be important and what isn?t.?

?Wait up!? She called after the two. Her cloak billowed behind her as she dashed to catch them. She pulled her hood back over her head. She hoped no one would spot her entering the CPF building and then run into them some other time while undercover. Best not to risk it. She caught up and the three entered the building.

4. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera slowed her stride to allow the other woman to catch up. She paused at the entry way to CPF headquarters. Here goes nothing...

5. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel - You're now at the front of the line. Surprisingly, the bouncer doesn't seem to be paying any attention to you at all. The woman behind you keeps talking, "A Bounty Hunter? How many people have you killed?"

MrJango - I'm going to speed things up a bit. The airtaxi heads back down to ground level. You look around at the large smokestacks and production plants that seem to fill the area. The airtaxi weaves it's way through traffic and buildings, eventually making it's way to the street. The droid turns to you, "What are the buildings co-ordinates?"
    You read out the co-ordinates from the datapad that Master Windu handed you. The droid turns back and pilots the airtaxi a couple of blocks away and comes to a stop. "Thank you for your service."
    You get out and the airtaxi flies off. Rubbish lines the street, and the building opposite is covered in tattered posters. The place seems deserted.

You turn back to the warehouse that you were dropped off at. It would be best described as rusty. It's a relatively large, two story building. But from where you stand, every surface, every piece of metal, seems to be affected by some degree of rust damage. There's a smaller door cut into the bottom of the large roller door on this side of the warehouse.

DA, Inyri and Gay-Len - You enter the CPF building. Sure enough, there's an area to check your weapons over to you left. Two officers approach you.

Officer1: "Checking your weapons? Just place them on the desk."

One of the officers noticed Ki-Dara.

Officer2: "Oh, excuse me sir, if you could just step over here and tell us your name."

Ki-Dara: "Ki-Dara-Jundi."

The officer started typing away on the on the touchboard. After a few seconds he looked up.

Officer2: "Very good, sir, you can go through this entrance on your left."

He motioned to a small turnstile. The other officer was busy checking the weapons.

Officer1: "Alright then, ladies, everything seems to be in order. You can enter here to your right."

He motioned to a metal detector and waited for the two to pass through.

Mitth - Nothing much happens. The bothan turns around, "You wanna listen to the radio?" He turns the radio on and starts searching for a station.

6. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    IC:
    Red Moisture Plant

Suprisingly noting had happened yet and he was already at the front of the line. He went into the club followed by the lady. She asked him how many people had he killed.

"I'm really new, so probably two. Yeah two," Fel lied to her. A little harmless lie couldn't hurt. He then holstered his rifle and kept his pistol into his hip holster. Just in case he didn't button the holster.

7. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Once again, the CPF didn't surprise her. Special privledges were granted to Jedi, and ordinary people were treated like suspects. For all they knew, he could be a Sith, ready to kill them all. Once again, Kera decided she hated the galaxy. She handed her blaster to the man checking weapons.

"I guess the jewelry should stay here with my blaster. My boots have a good deal of metal on them, so I'll just leave them here with you as well. I wouldn't want to set off any alarms." Kera removed her boots, dropping her jewelry into the left one, and handed them to the man. She walked through the metal detector. It beeped. She rustled through her pockets and found the culprit, her room key for the dive of a hotel she was staying in.

Kera went back to the table, smiled sheepishly, and dropped the key into the right boot. "Sorry." She went through the metal detector again, and this time there was no incident. She looked around for the Jedi while waiting for the other woman.

8. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    IC: Uh oh, metal detectors. Her careful efforts to hide her force abilities and lightsaber might soon be for naught. Her lightsaber was tucked safely inside her left boot; she couldn?t just take it out and lay it on the table.
    ?Just relax, Gay-Len. You can handle this.?

She calmly handed her blaster to the guard and paused. And then it came to her.
    ?I think my boots have metal in them, as well.? She coyly explained to the guard as she removed them. ?Better safe than sorry,? She smiled at him as she passed through.

No alarm. The guard handed her the boots. She quickly slipped back into them and flashed the guard another smile as she hurried ahead to join the other woman.
    'That wasn't too hard. I just hope nothing like this happens again.'

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Mitth scowled at the Bothan driver as he turned on the radio and searched for a good station. "Turn it to the news." He said, in no mood to listen to any of the music.

"Fine." The Bothan shrugged and switched to CNN, Coruscant News Network.

This is Dom Hashet reporting...Today's top story, earlier this morning the rogue Imperial General Mitth was spotted on Coruscant after an emmence fire fight between Imperial stormtroopers and the traitorous General's...

"Turn it off." Mitth commanded, half growling and glanced out the window as the Bothan ignored him. They had better hurry up.

10. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Ki-Dara waited on the other side of the scanners for the ladies. Kera shot him a slightly hostile glance as the CPF officer made her remove her boots and personal effects. "She resents me for some reason...." he thought to himself. Then Duril also acted particularly anxious when it was her turn. A nervous giggle escaped her lips and Ki-Dara thought twice about the people he was working with. Dire Wolf had refused to enter at all.

"Such is life...." he mused. "Circumstance often dictates that one cannot always choose one's comrades but it is not my place to judge them. I should be grateful for their asistance at all."

He rejoined the ladies on the other side of the scanners and proceeded to the central enquiries desk. There was a surly looking night-seargent on duty, making the bookings and directing action from behind a large raised podium.

"Excuse me, officer. I am Jedi Padawan Ki-Dara-Jundi and these are my compatriates, Kera and Duril. We are seeking any information you may have on the Black Heart gang. We have received word that the CPF would be grateful for any assistance in stopping their activities and we wish to help.

We have information from a reliable source that indicates they are running their operations from Sector 2, near the spaceport. We should like to know about their offensive capabilities, who their leader may be and any definate locales in that sector which they are known to frequent."

Ki-Dara finished his spiel with a naive smile at the street-hardened officer.

:)

TAG: Syrix, Inyri and Gay-Len

11. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    DA (and Inyri and Gay-Len) - The cop looks down at you.

Cop: "The Black Heart, you say? Uh, let me see."

He walks off, out of sight. He can be heard talking with another officer. Their conversation seems to be mainly concerned with what each is doing over the coming weekend. Eventually you hear the cop ask something about information on the Black Death Crime Syndicate and he returns a few minutes after that carrying a large collection of datapads.

"What was it you were after again?"
    He starts checking each datapad.
    "Base of operations? Says here they're in Sector 4... oh, Area 2. Yeah, that'd be where the closest spaceport is alright."
    He continues looking at each of the datapads.
    "We don't know who the leader is. We did make a bust a few weeks back, some shop over in 4:8*. It was just a front for a stolen goods racket. At first it was just another couple of arrests, but one of 'em had a pair of gloves with a Black Heart on the backs of 'em - and later on, we found out that the same guy has a tatoo of a black heart on his right shoulder."
    The man pauses.
    "I tell you what, there's a fair bit here to go through, I'll get you copies of them."

He disappears again, and it's another good ten minutes before he returns. He hands you a datapad.

"There y'go. You'd better be careful if your going to track them down."

Received item: CPF Datapad - Black Heart Information.

In the end it takes you only five minutes to get the information you're after. There's no information about any particular leader. Most gang members report to group leaders. The leaders, in turn, report to the gang leader. So far the group leaders have avoided capture. But there are a few details about them:

Pikee "Lightfingers" Cadn looks after all all the thieves: pickpockets, cutpurses and catburglars.

Fey'ana Junn looks after smugglers. You also get the impression that she looks after the gang's business with the Bounty Hunter's Guild.

Tok Aruk is the leader for the gang's muscle and the few Black Heart assassins.

As for offensive capabilities, you find a few reports of missing shipments, and thefts from the cargo bays at the 4:2 spaceport. Nothing major though, only Blasters and Armour. There's not a lot on the gang's manpower.

You also find a map of Area 2. There are a few buildings marked, including one only two blocks from the spaceport.

Mitth - The bothan eventually picks up on the situation and turns the radio off. He looks around.

"Uh, so, what are the others doing inside the CPF building?"

Fel - Now inside, the lady turns to you again.

"So, how's about you buy me a drink, hey? I'll go grab a booth for us, so we can - talk - a bit more." She winks at you, before heading off to a booth along the near wall.

Red Moisture Plant Bar
    Moisture Plant Ale - 2 cr.
    Crimson Sky Cocktail - 4 cr.

--
    *) This is the short hand form naming areas on Coruscant. Basically, I've split the planet up into Sectors, each sector is split up into Areas. If need be, each area will be split up into Zones. The short hand method is written:

Secor:Area:Zone

So, Sector 4, Area 2, is written 4:2. Now there's a spaceport in 4:2, but if another palce of interest crops up in that area, the spaceport will become zone 1, and the second area will be zone 2. So on and so forth...

Hope that makes sense.

12. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    "Thank you, sir. You've been most helpful in this matter."

With that Ki-Dara-Jundi turned and led the way out of the CPF station and into the waiting the air taxi (after stopping briefly to pick up the ladies' personal affect from the weapons check), where Dire Wolf was as distant as usual.

He passed the datapad to the Chiss and allowed him time to soak it in as the ladies caught up.

"What is our course of action? I would say we approach the spacport at 4:2 mentioned in the report and try to garner more information about Fey'ana Junn, their smuggling ring leader. With a possible stakeout, we may be able to catch one of the thieves or even Junn red handed and lean on them for some information."

TAG: Anyone!

13. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    IC:
    Red Moisture Plant

Fel looked as the woman selected a booth and waited for him. Fel you lucky rancor, Fel thought to himself. He then went to the bar to get them both drinks.

"Two Crimson Sky Cocktails, fine sir," he told the bartender. "Say you know anything about that woman over there," he said pointing toward the booth where the woman was waiting.

Tag Syrix

14. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: Kera and D'uril are two names for the same person.

IC:
    Kera pulled on her boots in the speeder. "This is where I may be able to help out. I have some experience in organized crime. I may have some contacts that these guys would be interested in." She let a small smile dance across her face.

15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Mitth glanced over the information, pausing long enough on the incomplete profiles of some of the group leaders, the map, and the spaceport. There were a couple approaches they could do such as talk to the people that were robbed and inspect the spaceport.

"I have a suggestion." He speaks up and holds up the datacard about the theft in 4:8. "We go here and question those that were fliched of their property. I suggest only one of us do this just in case the Black Hearts have watchers. I know it may sound like paranoia, but in my experiance if you are a gang thats trying not to get busted by the cops, wouldn't you be watching areas you've hit to make sure no one talks?

"Second." He continued and lifted up the datacard with the map of the spaceport. "Half of us do a bit of exploring and questioning while the other half attempts to inflitrate the gang." He set the datacard down and held up the profiles next. "Third, we will be inquiring information about these members from the victims. Fourth, I can go and snuff out some rats and get further info on the gang. Course none of this has to happen in the order I said." He glanced at his partners for a response.

16. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera nodded. "That's a good idea. The Jedi is the most likely candidate for speaking with the victims. That's probably going to look the least suspicious. You know, the Jedi helping those in need in the galaxy and all." She looked over at the other two. "I've been a member of a few smuggling organizations. I may be able to set up some deals, you know, get them to trust me. Dire Wolf's on the right track." She looked at the alien and wondered briefly if he'd ever done this sort of thing before. Possibly.

17. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    IC: Gay-Len sighed. Looks like she was going to have to get used to taking orders. At least it seemed as though she?d be working solo. Always a silver lining?.

?Works for me,? she conceded.

18. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera looked at Dire Wolf. "So what now? We split up and meet somewhere in a few days? Or is there something else you'd rather have us do?"

19. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel - (Sorry this took so long) The bartender looks over your shoulder,

"Yeah, I seen her in here before. I can't say I know who she is though. She ain't never bought anything, ain't had to. Always someone here to buy 'em for her. I think that's about all I got to say... I mean, she's in here most nights, often with other people, never buys nothin', never stays in here for too long either."

The bartender moves off, down the other end of the bar and hands a tray of drinks to a waitress before taking some more orders. It looks like you've got all you can out of him.

Edit - I had a change of heart on one of the lines ;)

20. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    Red Moisture Plant

Once the bartender told him everything he knew about the lady, Fel went to the booth she was in with their drinks. "Say I told you my name so what's your's?," Fel siad trying his best to hide his questioning tone.

Tag Syrix

21. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel -

"Ooo, a Cocktail."

She reaches down and grabs her purse. She drops a couple of credits on the table in front of you and when she speaks, she no longer has the same tone of voice as before. She sounds a lot more street smart.

"It's good to see that there are still proper gentlemen left in this universe... even if they are ruthless killers. Two People? I was lucky to contain my laughter, Mr. Fel."

She points to the credits.

"Those should cover the cost of the drinks. But now we need to get down to business. You can call me Lady Fey'ana. I've got a job for you, hunter.

The organisation I work for recently employeed a force-sensative man for a ... project. We've had to put the project on hold due to missing resources. We have reason to believe that the man is responsible for the missing goods. However, rather than admit that a new... employee managed to appropraite, er, sensative material we'd like a trusted outsider to handle this for us. All you need to do is get proof that he's responsible. Once you're sure, kill him."

She slides a datapad across the table.

"All the information is there. Name, residence, materials. Any questions, Soon'tir?"

--
    Everyone, even non-players

So, I've been thinking. This game seems to be going fairly well. But I've had a lot of ideas, and I can see that this is going to take a bit longer than expected. So, I want to know:

Are the current players enjoying the game as it is?
    How many non-players are eager to play?
    Would people like a few different storylines running at once?

I'd be happy to expand this game, open it up to the majority of the galaxy. Also, I've been thinking especially about the rules. About classes and feats and skills, etc...

If I do open the game up to include more players, do any of the current players want to change thier class (a bit of a tough question, since I haven't really outlined the 'new' rules yet)? Would people just be happy to start over?

Hmm, there are many questions. But the general idea I am getting at here is: What do you think about opening up the game a bit more. Having multiple storylines running, probably making the game a bit more challenging, adding a bit more variety to the game, including stats, etc?

22. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Me! Me! Pick me!

23. Nechayev

Nechayev Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2002
    Syrix that sounds great, if your really interested in doing that Talk to Fire_Ice_Death. He has all the Star Wars soursebooks and can help you with Skills, Feats Ect. However you'll still need something like a dice rolling program and it will go VERY slow if you have to respond toevery post before we move on. Anyway open it up. *Pounds on Glass* LET ME IN! LET ME IN!

24. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Yes, speed is an issue.

As for Dice rolling, I downloaded AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) for the reason that there's a dice rolling command in the chats.

As for rules. I'm actually thinking of basing it more on D&D - just for a difference. I'll be making a few modifications, but I have the D&D source books I'll need. Unless FID (or anyone else) has the SW source books in pdf format it will be easier if all the GMing can be done from my end (just so that it cuts down on the hassle of me having to wait for FID to be online in order to verify stuff - know what I mean?)

Anyway. Thanks for the suggestions. I've still got a bit of thinking to do. I'll definately be including the format for sensates (sensers, forcers, force-users, force-sensatives... whatever you like to call them) that I talked about a page or two back.

Any suggestions for classes/feats/skills please PM me.

25. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    I'm up for anything. If there are people who want in, let 'em play. I am still working on my own skills, but that would give me more examples to learn from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.