main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Role Playing 101

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Syrix_Kahl, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC:
    Are the current players enjoying the game as it is?

The only complaint I have is that I can't play more often!

Would people like a few different storylines running at once?

It is interesting to see what's going on (with the other plot lines). I know that the group is about to split on their assignments and meet up later, and, IMO, having other story lines for us to wander into would be interesting and fun.

If I do open the game up to include more players, do any of the current players want to change thier class (a bit of a tough question, since I haven't really outlined the 'new' rules yet)?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by changing class.

Would people just be happy to start over?

I have no objection, but I was wondering if I could use the same character. It took me awhile to come up with this one and start to work on a personality and such.

2. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC: I'm currently enjoying this RP very much. There hasn't even been any action yet. Only character interaction and development.

About new members I'm game. Just don't get too many people. It would be hard to GM as you are now.

IC:
    Red Moisture Plant

Maybe I should have lied about killing more people. "Lady Fey'ana eh, nice name," Fel said. "Yes, I accept this bounty. Though you didn't ask me that. This datapad has almost everything I need. But the important question is how much is the bounty?"

Tag Syrix

3. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel -

"We can only offer you 3000 credits for the task. After loosing the resources, we've had to spend money on convincing certain affiliates that the project is still close to completion. I hope you understand.

Of course, if your successful, then I'm sure we could see about... increasing the reward."

You can feel her rubbing her leg against yours. She flashes a coy smile, much like when you first saw her.

4. MrJango

MrJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2002
    Jimb-Oh Lihm had taken quite some time to search the environments carefully, but he had found absolutly nothing even remotly reminding him of a jedi informant.

it seemed this whole situation was hopeless. How was he supposed to complete the mission without the valuable information that this Kol Tebar or what ever his name was had for him.

He looked around for a second. suddenly, he heard footsteps from outside the door right next to him. he ignited his light saber, immidiatly ready for a surprise attack.

"Who is there!?" he shouted.

a strange man, dressed in a jedi robe, walked in through the door and stopped right infront of the doormay.

"I am Kol Tebar," the man said. "And you must be Jimb-Oh Lihm."

TAG: Syrix

5. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    IC:
    Red Moisture Plant

As her leg brushed against his Fel thought, Damn it she's so hot. He wanted to reach down and caress her leg, but he reminded himself to not mix pleasure with business. Maybe after business I can have a little pleasure. Fel in his mind shook his head I'm still young and easily attracted to beauty, but he tried to think of it as a crush instead of something else.

"3000 credits should be satisfactory," he said sipping his drink. Though increasing the reward would also be satisfactory.

"So how will I communicate with you. Or do I really need to," Fel asked.

Tag Syrix

6. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    MrJango - Be careful when introducing new characters like that...
    --
    The tall jedi pulls back the cowl that covered his face. You are more than surprised when you see that he is, in fact, a gungan.

"Master Windu did inform me that you had been sent here. It is good to see another Jedi about. Can you not feel that something is... amiss?" His grasp of Basic is far better than any Gungan, although, it has probably been some time since he has lived on Naboo. Still, the words often sound forced, and he doesn't sound as if he is quite comforatable with the language.

"Since you already know of the situation here, I will be quick with what I know."

He motions for you to follow him, as he cross the warehouse floor to some abandoned machinery. He presses a button on the console and a hole opens up in the floor.

"I have only been down there a small way. The passage is not lit, however I could see a light source further down. I have not approached yet, so I do not know what lies there. Perhaps together, we discover something that I alone missed."

Fel -

"I would hope that you wouldn't have to contact me, but, I will send someone from my organisation to meet you, should the need arise, he will relay your messages."

She finishes off her cocktail, gets up, smiles once again and walks out of the bar.

7. Mercilor

Mercilor Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    In response to Syrix's post on 4/10:

I'd be interested in joining up as well if you open the game up =)

BTW, everyone, I've been enjoying just reading through your RPing =)

8. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera looked at the group still sitting in the speeder. "Let's meet in 48 hours back at Hooper McFinney's." She pulled a small compact from her jacket pocket and ran an eye over her appearance. Now she was glad she didn't wear those tech's pants. "If anyone wants to go with me, I'm going to try to find Junn, see if I can get myself hired."

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    "I will accompany you." Mitth offered. "You may need back up." He added when he noticed Kera's annoyance at him. "Besides it might do us some good if two of us can get in."

10. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC: Syrix, how am I supposed to know the info in the datapad? Can you PM me the info?

IC:
    Red Moisture Plant

As Fey'ana left he finished his drink. He picks up the datapad and heads to his apartment. He wouldn't to read the info in a public place.

He went outside and signalled an airtaxi. "Where do you want to go?" asked the Rodian driver.

Fel told the address to the Rodian. He then got into the taxi. The taxi took off immediately heading to the address.

OOC: You can Nullify this post if I don't have an apartment.

Also can I change my alignment to Neutral Lawful. I haven't been acting evil and don't intend to.

11. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera nodded. "Good idea, Dire Wolf." The alien obviously had a background in fringe society. That could prove to be very useful.

12. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Thanks Mercilor.
    Welcome to the RPG forum :)

IC: Ki-Dara sat in the back set of the taxi slightly dazed, all this development and he hadn't really been paying much attention. He seemed to have drifted off into day dreaming for a little while and now it would be time to catch up.

"So we are settled then?
    Rendezvous in 2 days back at Hooper McFinney's?"

This would gve him much-needed time to consult his Masters at the Jedi Temple. They would know which course of action would prove most wise.

13. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera nodded. "We'll meet up with you then." She climbed out of the speeder with Dire Wolf. Time to get to work.

14. MrJango

MrJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2002
    Jimb-Oh responded to the gungans suggestion by nodding calmly. "let us go down there and search the place. that light source you saw could very well be something dangerous."

Kol Tebar nodded back at him. "i agree. lets go!"

the gungan jedi started climbing the ladder down the hole, and Jimb-Oh followed him. he had never really liked gungans, he thought they were kind of annoying, but his own personal feelings towards the general species was not going to disrupt the mission. he would not let it do that.

15. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel - Consider your alignment changed. As for the details, I'll send you a PM soon. And as for the aparment, well:
    --
    The airtaxi drops you off at the address you specified. The building was in pretty poor repair, but then again, so were most of the buildings around here. Inside, half the lights in the stairwell were broken and it stunk of urine and vomit all the way up. The apartemnt itself was better. At least it didn't stink. It was a basic cube, divided into three room. There was a leak somewhere - half the "living" room had been affected by water damage, and the blaster holes in one of the walls was a good indication as to how this particular apartment became vacant.
    But it's home, for now anyway.

You push open your door and notice that someone has managed to make their way inside. The man gets up and introduces himself to you,

"Garen Fev, Fey'ana sent me, said you'd be needing someone from Opheron."

MrJango - The gungan pulls out his lightsaber. In fitting with the Gungan's affinity with nature, the handle looks like it has been grown (like much Gungan items are). The handle itself is at least twice the sixe of a normal single-bladed saber handle, yet when Kol turns the handle around you can see a luminescant stone encased in the hilt. It gives off enough light to illuminate the path for about 5 metres in front and behind. The jedi begins to head down the underground corridor. You notice that the walls are made out of stone, and are mostly smooth except for a frieze that runs at a height just below your eye level on both sides of the corridor.

16. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera leaned against the side of one of the spaceport buildings, casually tossing her knife in the air and catching it. She looked over at Dire Wolf and raised an eyebrow. She knew that he didn't like her. Why, she had no idea. Well, she did have that side of her that was a bit of a drunk. Too much time spent around smugglers. She'd been trying to be civil recently, too. She briefly wondered if he knew she was a mistryl. Possibly.

If he didn't care for her, then why was he so eager to work with her? He could betray me. But then, she could betray him; all of them if she felt like it. She had no loyalty to any member of the group. The only one she knew she could trust was the Jedi. For a breif instant, she wished she could just be a law-abiding citizen. No. We tried that, and look where it got us. Our home was destroyed. She cleared her throat, catching the knife. "So, do you think we'll be able to find work?"

17. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    IC:
    Fel's Apartment

With the reflexes Fel had he closed the door behind him and dropped his hand to his blaster. "How do I know you're telling the truth. Fey'ana just gave me the job a few hours ago," Fel said. " Show me something to change my mind." He then pulled out his blaster and set it to stun.

Tag Syrix

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    "Yes." Mitth replied and pulled out his datapad then glanced around where they were. They were still at the CPF HQ, much to his disappointment. Habitly he pulled his hood closer over his face as he glance down at his datapad in search of a nearby cantina. "We can start in the cantinas. Scum such as this gang will hang out. We'll have to ask around to see if anyone wants to hire a couple thugs."

Mitth lifted his fiery gaze to meet Kera's. He told himself one more time that the only reason he offered his assistance was that he did not believe she could handle this job alone.

"So, what shall we be today? Thief, smuggler, pirate, murderer, assassin, ship mechanic, etc?" He asked her.

19. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    She smiled for a moment, thinking. "I'm afraid I don't have very much training in mechanics." Another strand of hair fell in Kera's face. Frustrated with it, she yanked her hair down, shaking the auburn waves past her shoulders. She began to braid her hair thoughtfully. "My training has included assassin work, and I've been a professional bodyguard for a few smuggling cheifs. I've been trained in combat and I've dabbled in piloting. I'm not sure what would be best." Kera finished braiding her hair and sighed. "This is only my third solo job. I guess I'm pretty new at all of this." Why am I sharing?! "I'll let you make the calls."

20. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Mitth and Inyri - You head off in search for the sort of place that jobs can be found. You find a smokey, dim lit tavern. You are still scanning the place, looking for likely candidates when you are approached by a dark clad Rodian.

"You two might be wanting to come this way."

He motions to a set of stairs that lead down.

DA - I'm assuming that you are heading to the Jedi Temple?

Gay-Len - I'll be waiting your course of action.

Fel -

Garen: "Careful. That thing's liable to go off. Here's the message I received from the Lady herself."

He tosses a datapad across the floor.

21. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    OOC: Yes Syrix.

I need to wait for Gay-Len's response, though.
    Otherwise she's still sitting in the air taxi with me ;)

22. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera looked at Dire Wolf, shrugged, then followed the Rodian. It was never wise to go with a strange person into a strange environment, but since when had she been doing the smart thing? Kera let her arms swing freely beside her, quickly flipping the blaster from stun to kill. He who carries a blaster set on kill, dies from a blaster set on kill. The old saying flashed through her mind. Well, normally, yes, but not today.

23. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    IC:
    Fel's Apartment

Still pointing his blaster set to stun at Garen. "You didn't answer my question," said Fel.

Tag Syrix

24. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel -

Garen: "'Course you only just found out about the job. Doesn't mean I just did. Just read the datapad."

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Mitth relunctantly followed the Rodian, his entire body alert for any deceit. He keeps an eye on the green alien. "Where are we going?" He asks carefully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.