main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Role Playing 101

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Syrix_Kahl, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
  2. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera smiled at the man. "I hope to see you again, too." She turned to Dire Wolf. "Why don't we relocate so we don't get in this gentleman's way?" She nodded to an empty table. "I should go through as much of this as I can tonight. You're welcome to help."

Kera suppressed a yawn. Their contact had called Dire Wolf a Chiss. She'd never heard of that species before, but she was new to a good many things. She made a mental note to make contact with Emberlene and see if the Chiss turned up in any of the Mistryl's archives. Surely, one of the eleven had encountered them at some point. She wasn't going to bring it up, no point in causing a problem that wasn't needed, but it was always wise to know about the people around you.

Kera took her glass and the folder, standing. "Thanks for the drink." She moved to another booth in the corner, reclining on the worn cusions and reading the information compiled.

3. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC" If there isn't any problem can you reply to my post ASAP. Thanks.

4. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel - My Apologies! I completely missed your post.... [face_blush]

Anyway, there's no problem, you arrive at the Holonet Cafe without a hitch, Garen is following you.

5. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    IC:
    Holonet Cafe, 3:8

Once they got off the taxi they made they're way to the cafe. Turning around Fel said, "Tell me if you see him. In the meantime we'll get drinks. Try to look as inconspicuas as posible." With that they enetered.

Tag Syrix

OOC: Can you give me a description of the cafe?

6. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel - The Cafe is relatively small in comparison to the bars and cantinas that you've been in. To your right is a counter and a small kitchen, the other walls all house HoloNet booths, and there are five circular tables in the centre of the room, each of them housing four small Holo Projectors, with a keypad built into the tabletop (Think: the consoles in Star Trek).
    The drinks here are priced reasonably, 1 credit for a pick of the board. Which is limited to Coffee and something called "Energy Supplement". Judging by the state of the kitchen, and the dried coffee stains on the counter, you can see why the drinks are so cheap.

Garen pulls up a chair at an empty table and proceeds to be inconspicuous, swiping his CreditPad through a reader near the Holo Projector.

7. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    Holonet Cafe

Soon'tir pulled a seat next to Garen. While doing this he looked around as normal as possible. He then asked, "Do you see him?"

Tag Syrix

8. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel -

Garen: "You wouldn't believe it - he's at the booth next to the door."

Garen nods his head kind of in the same direction as the door, but keeps his eyes focused on the projection.

"Heh - looks like you you didn't end up getting anything to drink. A wise choice if I do say so myself. You'll certainly live longer for it. Still, don't look now, but it appears our mutual friend doesn't seem to mind the odd cup or two."

Garen chuckles to himself. He presses a few keys and directs your attention to the projection. It's nothing more than some green-around-the-edges reporting talking about a Dejarik Hologame competition at an aged care facility somewhere on Coruscant, but you get the idea that it's a good way to look inconspicuous.

--
    Okay now Everyone, I'e got some good news and some bad news.

No, actually, I'd say it's bad news and worse news.

The bad news is: at my current rate, I'm going to be pushing it to have the rules up before AOTC.

The worse news is: this game seems to be dying. I'd like to know who is truely interested in playing?

If there are enough of you who aren't currently playing that show interest I'll open the game up now for all of you and then work on the rules. If there's not a lot of enthusiasm then I'll scrap the "new" rules and run a game for whatever small number of you want to play.

Anyway, I'll be waiting to hear from you all.

9. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    "I'm ready for anything!"

I'm in anytime, preferably as a Bothan slicer, but I'll be whoever is needed.

10. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    Hey, Syrix, I'm definately still interested in playing. (Well, I'm playing now, but the game is moving rather slowly. Haha).

~Inyri

11. MrJango

MrJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2002
    i am very sorry Syrix, but i´just havnt got time to play anymore. i seem to forget to post all the time and then i forget to come back again and again...

continue without me, i think that would be the best option.

Bye, guys and gals, its been a pleasure.

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Im still interested. The reason I havent been posting as often is because I only have a couple hours each day to be online during the week only.

"Pull out Tok's file." Mitth asked with a slight air of authority in his tone.

13. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Alright, here's a bit of a treat for you all. It's pretty much everything that will be in the new game. A few skills, feats and force abilities won't make it to the final edition of the rules, so don't get too worried. And there will also be descriptions for everything, so don't worry about that.

You can see all this here

and if you want an idea of how each class progresses then go here

If the numbers don't make sense, DON'T WORRY! I will be making sure that I have a "walkthru" of how to create your character ready before I throw the rules upon you.

Anyway, check 'em out, tell me what you think, don't freak out too much.

A quick word on SKILLS and FEATS. You gain ranks on Skills, and you use them (the skills) to perform certain tasks (eg: you use to the Hide skill to Hide). The ranks give you a bonus to succeeding the attempt.

You gain FEATS once (some you can gain multiple times, but apply to something different, eg: you can gain the Weapon Finesse for different weapons, but not 2 or more time for the smae weapon. in this case, Weapon Finesse gives you bonuses to the chance to hit and the damage you deal). FEATS often come into play when your character is making an action. Some boost your ability with a certain skill, some boost your character in combat, and some boost your characters STATS (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma).

If that makes any sense, then you might want to think about which Skills and Feats you will choice to shape your character. Again, don't worry too much, as I'll provide more details later.

Edit - I'm sorry to loose you, MrJango. Feel welcome to come back and join us anytime.

14. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    OOC: Question Syrix. What class am I?

Also I have a few JC friends that might be interested, so ask me and I'll ask them whether they would like to join.

IC:
    Holonet Cafe

"We'll wait for this match to end, then we'll check his apartment out," Soon'tir silently whispered to Garen. He then added, "Does he meet with anyone that you know of, here or anywhere else?"

Syrix

15. Nechayev

Nechayev Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2002
    Syrix, wehen you get the full force rules up i'm in, i'm gonna play a Overly Zealos, not very smart, Force user. Kinda like a Paladin, that is overly focused on the "church" or in this case the force.

16. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    IC:
    Kera let her eyes rise slowly from the file. "Excuse me?" They narrowed. She was getting rather frustrated with the alien. Who did he think he was?

17. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel - The list was of the 6 main classes. Everybody must start off as one of those classes. However, there will be Presitge Classes, which you character can become upon meeting certain requirements.

I haven't started very much on the prestige classes, but I will be making Bounty Hunter one of the Prestige Classes available.

---

Garen: "Not as far as I know. He's pretty reclusive. Let's go, you wanteede to check out his apartment, right?"

Nechayev - Most Force-Users will actually be Prestige Classes (in disguise ;)). There won't be a "Overly Zealous" class, however, I am tinkering with a class which will be called "Guardian" and they will work very much like a Paladin. :)

18. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    IC:
    Holonet Cafe

"Yeah, ASAP," he said silently to Garen, "Lead the way."

TAG Syrix

19. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Fel - Garen leads you to an apartment building in 3:12. He has a key to the apartment and soon you are both inside. It is quite luxurious, compared to your own living quarters.

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    To Kera: Why he's an Imperial General Commando.... :p

"You heard me." He said in a more politer tone yet still an air of authority seeped into his voice. He held out a hand for the file and waited. Wondering if this woman was going to act stupid and start a fight or just do as he said.

Not that he didn't mind having the chance to show her a thing or two.

21. DARTH-RAGIOUS

DARTH-RAGIOUS Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    hello my name is darth-ragious and i'm very interested in this role playing games online and i was also wondering if there was a live chat room around here there are alot of topics you can respond to but no where you can talk live. i'm into star wars very heavy and i think i would make a good allie and i have not joined a faction yet so if you have a group i'm interested ecspecially if you intop the dark arts e-mail me at ragedaddytrentr@aol.com i will be looking for your responce good or bad but the role playing is a definent death,war and darkside

22. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    To Mitth: She's young and has a large chip on her shoulder, that's why she is an obnoxious b****. :)

IC:
    Kera handed over the pages he requested, angry. She thought about snapping something immature, but decided against it and picked up another paper to study instead. "You're welcome to sit down."

23. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC:
    Just upping this so it doesn't disapear while everyone is watching AotC.

~Inyri

24. Syrix_Kahl

Mar 25, 2001
    Okay guys. I've been really slack with the new rules. I'm pretty close to completing them, but I just can't seem to inspire myself to work on them right now.

However, I do still want to GM a game on these here boards, so I've created The Shadow Legacy. It's a new game, but the universe I'm using for it basically mirrors what I have planned for this game (the events may or may not). The best thing is, there's practically no rules - at least none that you have to be actively aware of, and if you use common sense and don't god-mod then everything should be alright.

If those of you who are playing want to continue the storyline that you're currently working along in this game, then just put a little something in your "sign-up" post in SL (Shadow Legacy) notifying me that you want to. If you like, you can even change your character and still continue the same storyline :)

So head on over, enjoy the game, and hopefully I won't have to worry about all those damn rules anyway....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.