main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Role Playing Rules

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by NathanDahlin, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Welcome to the Role Playing Forum! Here are the official rules that will be enforced by DarthAttorney. Enjoy your new forum! :)

Official rules for Role-Playing

1) All normal rules of the JC apply: no flaming, no trolling, no spamming, no spoilers, no innapropriate sexual content etc. Any occurances of such behaviour (in or out of character) will be dealt with by a mod.

2) All thread authors are considered to be the initial Games Masters of their scenario's. They set the scene, guide players during it's course and make decisions as to the outcome of the game.

3) Mods are only to become involved in a game when there is a serious and honest dispute between a player and the Game Master, in which case either party can approach the forum mod for mediation.

4) Typically, Role Playing should take place when the majority of participants in a game are online, so Game Masters should determine these times with the players before the game starts. However, you may only need the characters in a particular "scene" to be online in order to play.

5) All Role Playing should be in keeping with the Star Wars Universe (EU inc.) as much as possible and should be as realistic as the scenario allows. This includes rewards for jobs, equipment, costs, modes of travel, lifestyles, environments, interaction between users during a game, etc.

6) Players are allowed to register socks to role-play with but in keeping with the JC's Sock Policy, only 3 socks are allowed per user. All information about a character which is relevant to gameplay should be openly included in it's profile for all users to see. If a sock/character is killed during the course of a game it may be reported to the mod/admin for banning (unless the owner intends to resurrect the character in some clever and plausible way).

7) Players are not limited by canon, only their imagination. In the interests of fairness, pre-existing characters may be used but players are only allowed to use one per scenario (eg: A gamer who uses Darth Vader in one thread cannot use that character in any other game s/he plays)

8) Defence Forces which involve RP in their activities are welcome.

9) Groups and organizations are allowed no more than a single thread as a base of operations, for socializing and recruiting.

EDIT: Redundant thread, now locked.

2. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Thank you, Nathan. I look forward to many hours of fun, entertaining RPing.

3. nithrak_tewl

nithrak_tewl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Three cheers for the admins!

Thanks guys.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Excellent. I've been looking forward to this.

5. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I just wanted to bask in a forum that has absolutely no redundancy. ;)

Good luck guys! Have fun. :)

6. Epyon-X

Epyon-X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Sweet. :)

Can't wait until this gets going pretty quickly.

This thread wouldn't be complete without a:

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I feel so honored to make the first (non-admin) thread at the boards. It's like a dream come true.

I'll forever remember this day.

8. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I feel insecure GMing right now, so I'm just waiting for some brave soul to open a fresh RPG that I can sign up for.

9. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    See, we finally got this place going.

And I will start to redirect all the clubs and threads that belong in here now. :)

10. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    OK....I'm still adjusting to this mod-thing as much as you guys are to this new forum, so you're all going to have to bear with me for a little while ;)

I'm going to open an advertising-type thread in JCC to get our little RP forum some publicity and some fresh blood. I'll also open a thread here soon that's an introduction to who I am and what I'm about (with contact details etc).

I'm not going to be running this forum like a police state, so please don't worry about that. As long as everyone follows the rules of the forum, everything should be fine. That being said, if anyone has any problems, please come to me and we'll discuss them privately.

So let's play, keep it clean and have some fun! :)

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Cool. I'll be whipping up some wicked scenarios...

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Excellent. Good luck DA. You'll know how to handle it.

Just one question... for your colors, are you given a thing to use Ubb code on? Or how to they make those? I've always wondered.

13. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I'm sorry, but what's a sock?

14. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I cant wait to start RPing :)

15. Epyon-X

Epyon-X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Another username that you create. In this case, you could register a new name and use that for the RPG you're playing.

16. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Ahh well done to all of you, i hope this forum goes off as well as you think it will.

and why did you have to pick such ugly colours DA?

17. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Jedi Merkurian: I look forward to them. I'll be running with socks (so I don't get any special treatment from the GM's) ;)

G_A_J: It's just a couple of drop-down menu's in our mod options. Are you objecting to my colour scheme? [face_mischief] ;)

farraday: Because I think there can be a small amount of beauty in such hideous colours as these......and I had to change them quickly because Dahlin put to work so quickly ;)

18. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Let's start already... ;) :D

19. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Woo hoo, congrats DA, and I'm looking forward to seeing some action in this forum! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    Yes!! after all all those months, its finally here :D Thanks to the Administration and all the people who showed support for this forum to be made :D and to the new mod in town, DA, i wish you luck :D

Now lets get this thing rolling :D

21. JaneSkywalker

JaneSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2001
    Good luck! :)

22. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Good luck :)

Just for the info... I know some of my french fellows like roleplay too, so are non speaking threads allowed ? (have to ask :p )

23. Grand_Admiral_Piett

Grand_Admiral_Piett Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2001
    These are really good rules for the rebuilding of the RP

24. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Nwalme: Not sure about the non-English thing in here. It's going to be literally impossible for me to moderate a thread if I can't understand the language (much to my chagrin....I'd love to be able to speak/read French ;) )

25. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    It looks like I forgot to mention that these rules are a slightly modified version of those submitted by DarthAttorney. Sorry for neglecting to give him credit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.