main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roleplaying Game set on Ep 3!

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by JudasKiss, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JudasKiss

JudasKiss Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    I've been running internet roleplaying games (forum based, kind of story teling kind) for years and came to think of it might be fun to have one set in the time of SW Episode 3. (I liked the movie a lot.)

For once I would not take the main character (as admin's usually take them), so Anakin's role would be free for anyone to try to get.

I would bring in young Han Solo (my favorite character in all the movies), though he'd be only 8 years old and not jedi-quality.
    I've created him to another SW rpg and some kind of a past for him.

Check it out. ^_^
    http://judaskiss.proboards59.com/index.cgi

2. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    What's the link for the EpIII RPG? Or, is it on that POTO site?

Also, are there original characters as well, or just the main characters? If there are original characters, then I don't like how someone has to ask you for it. That will detract members. People just want to join up and play with any new character they feel like playing with. If there is a threat that you won't let them play, then why would they bother taking the risk?

3. JudasKiss

JudasKiss Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    There are all the character's I could remember there is and character's from other episodes than this may be taken too if it's practically any way possible.

And I won't turn away anyone asking for a character if only he/she is even somewhat good writer 'cause writing is basically what this form of RPG is all about.
    And if he/she is really willing to learn, if not already familiar with the ways of this RP form.

So the risk of not getting a character wanted is not a big one at all.

I've edited the original post and there's the link to the EpIII forum I just put up.
    Here it is again anyway:

http://judaskiss.proboards59.com/index.cgi

4. JudasKiss

JudasKiss Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    I changed the joining thingy.

No need to e-mail me anymore.
    Just follow the guide-lines on the How to join and then put a topic on the Ask for a character -part.

5. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm sorry, I don't quite understand everything that you're saying. No offense, but if I can't understand a few paragraphs describing your website, how is someone supposed to understand the in-depth details and rules of your roleplaying site?

Also, what does your roleplaying site offer that the dozens of other Star Wars roleplaying sites don't?

6. JudasKiss

JudasKiss Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    Well, why don't you tell me what is it that you don't understand?
    Let me know and I may be able to form it other way.

And I don't know what this has to offer that the others don't since haven't been on the other ones.
    This is simply for anyone to check out - the plot - and if interested - to join.

7. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Wait? You haven't been to any other RP sites? Bad, bad move. Before you even create an RP site then you should check others out. That way, you will know what they have. That way, you can create something that they don't.

I highly reccomend looking around at other RP sites to see what they have. That way, you might be able to create something that makes your site unique.

8. JudasKiss

JudasKiss Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    Well, I've been on RP sites generally since I've rpgd for three years, just not on SW rpg sites or much on english language rpg's.

I don't care if my site isn't unique.

9. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Ahh, English is your second language? Have you thought about, instead of making another RPG that is similar to dozens that already exist, making an RPG that is in your first language? There might be a bunch of other people who speak the same language and are looking for a SW RPG. The rules also would be easier to understand since they would be written by a native speaker of the language.

You might not intend to have a unique site, but having something that is unique definitely wouldn't hurt.

10. JudasKiss

JudasKiss Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    I've build up 6 rpg's on my native language. Also a SW rpg.

And I do believe my english is good enough to most of the people to understand.
    At least that's what many english speakin people, and my friends and my teachers keep telling me.

So I'll just keep advertising.

But thankyou. :)

11. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    In that case, the only advice I can really give you is to make sure that you don't spread yourself too thin. Don't make so many RPGs that you can't maintain all of them, and give them the attention that each one deserves. It's better (in my opinion, at least) to have one really good site instead of six mediocre ones.

12. JudasKiss

JudasKiss Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2005
    I can easily maintain them all.
    They are runnin well and being popular but my only problem with these english ones is that I don't know many places to adverise them at.
    I mean, places where those who have actually rpgd before would see it.
    I just found RPGnet but that's all... and don't even know how many of them know _this_ form anyway.
    Though, of thousands of members, someone should have.^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.