main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roleplaying.....

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by bobmarley, Feb 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobmarley

bobmarley Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2009
    im kind of confused.... i read a few posts for newcomers to the forums on roleplaying and it sounded really interesting and i really want to give it a go.

but.... i went to the roleplaying section of the forums and i cant see anywhere to do this, they all seem to be full.

can anyone help me out and let me know where i can find a decent roleplaying game for a newcomer who really wants to get started.

Thanks

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I know how you feel, Bobmarley. It was the same for me and partly it is still. That's why I don't feel like being able to give you a good answer. So I asked one of the RPG mods to help you out. He's a nice guy and I hope he'll post here soon. :)

3. bobmarley

Feb 7, 2009
    ok thanks skaiara. i look forward to getting started :)

4. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Hello Bob and welcome to the JC forums.

Thank you very much for expressing interest in the RPF. You are right in that most of our games at the moment are currently in progress.

What you should do is PM the game-master of a game you are interested in (usually this is the person who started the thread), and ask if that person is currently accepting new characters. If they say no, fair enough, you try another thread.

If they say yes, then you can make a sheet, and usually the GM will be able to "write-you-in" to the storyline.

Also, keep an eye out for new games when they do start. Then you can enter them on the ground floor. :)

As for a decent thread, my Wizard of Oz game is accepting, though I'd like to see a writing sample first. In that same forum there are a bunch of games that are starting up that are aching for players. If Star Wars is more your thing, 133 ABY isn't too far in. Might be worth giving Darklordofthefins a PM.

Its really up to your interest when it comes to the games you want to play.

Hopefully this answers your question? I'll be checking this thread periodically. :)

-I_H

5. bobmarley

Feb 7, 2009
    thank you so much imperial_hammer. that was really helpful, ill pm a few GM to see what i can do but thank you for the help and ill check out your wizard of oz thread :) thanks again for helping me out, i really appreciate it

6. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008
    *The darkest corner comes alive and a figure steps forward, showing a figure of more shadows. His speech is harsh, but strong as he speaks.*

I see that you are interested in roleplaying young one. I, too can help. If you have questions, just PM me, and I will answer. What are you interested in...NSW or SW and even both.

7. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Same goes for me. If you have any questions, just PM me.

And welcome!! :D

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Bobmarley, you might be interested to hear that there will be some kind of adoption program for RPG and small RPGs here in WNU very soon (read: this weekend). If you want, this will give you a chance to learn the first steps in a good way. :)

9. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey, I don't know if you found a good roleplay yet, but I just started one and I'm still excepting people. Check it out if you want. :)

*gunganfan hits computer because it won't provide a stupid link* [face_whistling]

10. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    I'd like a link to the RPthread, if you can get it to work :)

11. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't know what's up with my computer lately... [face_not_talking]

But my RP is near the top of the list, and I only need a couple more people. :)

12. Darth_Cadaverous

Darth_Cadaverous Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2008

http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/29780106/p1/?4

13. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    You rule Darth_Cadaverous! [face_peace] :cool: :)

14. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Bob if you need any tips on roleplaying, and such feel free to drop me a message. I am active in quite a bit of the RPG's that are going on. There are a few GMs that I would suggest for your first game. I_H hes good, And BobaMatt is great. I think he is my favorite GM over there.

Gungan, I might check yours out.

15. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    Wooh! Thanks, Gungan and DC! :D

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Although I guess you've seen our new threads in WNU, I like to add a link here, so no one miss it. :)

RPG Academy! Check it out! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.