main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA [Roll Call] Torchlight Parade - SpoCon Promotion!!! May 17th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Alright everyone, we're planning on doing some promotions for SpoCon next weekend before and after the torchlight parade. We'll be meeting near riverfront part around 6pm, we'll walk as a group in-costume to riverfront park, where we'll chill out with our sabers giving out SpoCon business cards and fliers. the parade starts around 7:45pm, we can't actually promote during the parade, so we'll hang out until after the parade and try to catch as many people as possible after the parade is over. We get to do two awesome things that weekend, promote the Spokantina, and SpoCon. Smudge and I can outfit at least 10 people with the sabers we have, if you have your own, even better. Try to come in costume, if you need something to wear, kelli will be trying to make generic jedi cloaks for people. Post here if you can confirm that you'll be here, and I'll update the list of people who have committed to coming.

John
    Kelli
    Stan
    Glenn
    Erich
    Erik
    Sabrina
    Shannon

Let's keep the list going!!! :D

2. Dark_Jedi_Nasman

Dark_Jedi_Nasman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2006
    I should be able to make it, and I have two lightsabers or 1 double-saber.

That would be one extra saber.

3. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    What about pointed sticks? ;)
    Actually, in all seriousness, what about costumes?

4. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    John
    Kelli
    Stan
    Glenn
    Erich
    Erik
    Sabrina
    Shannon
    Nathan

5. Darthchromer

Darthchromer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2007
    Why can't we promote during the parade? Just curious.

6. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I was informed by our dealer chair Dawn, that they've put a stop to that, if we try, they'll basically tell us to leave the parade route. That was going to be Plan A, but it's not really an option now :( But I think Riverfront Park will still be a good spot to promote. ;)

7. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    As it turns out, my schedule for that day is 2pm-11pm. :_|

Typical. [face_plain]

I've been trying (and will keep trying) to get it changed to something a little more useful.

And I've been toying with the idea of calling in sick that day.....

8. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Well, unfortunately, I must take my name off the list. I once again double-booked myself and must excuse myself.
    Sorry for any inconvenience and have fun!

9. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    I'm toying with the idea of bringing Fur face and giving him a collar of lightsticks. Thoughts anyone?

Also, Y'all are welcome to hang at my place before the event, we can wok on RPG characters or even break out the shinais. I'll "open the doors" at 1:30.

10. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    Dont think I'll be doing the parade, but I'll try to make it to Smudge's and finally settle my RPG character.

11. Darthchromer

Jun 6, 2007
    John, I probably wont be there until 8:00 Where do you think a good place to park will be? We will hike in and meet up with you guys. You all will help with spotting us hemeted ones, Yes? If you have a cell number we can call you and get your where abouts when we arrive.

12. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Yup, my schedule is screwed. I can't make it.

Made doubly painful because I've more-or-less completed a functioning lightsaber to use at the Parade. My luck being what it is, they were out of the 5-degree reflectors, and it seems to make a big difference.

Have fun, everybody.

P.S. Smudge, what is the wattage of your Luxeon?

13. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    3 watt. Gonna miss you there bro!

14. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    :mad:

15. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    John
    Kelli
    Stan
    Glenn
    Erik
    Sabrina
    Shannon
    Nathan

Eight people's still not bad.

I can be reached at two zero eight - six nine one - seven six five zero

Depending on when I get out of town, I'll probably meet you at your place smudge. and I'd advise against Kodiak, on the off chance that he might get more attention than the sabers :p

16. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Good point, no worries. John: could you bring your MR's? I don't want to be too Sith heavy on this

17. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I fully intend on it.

It looks like I'll probably be getting out of town around 4 or so, that's when kelli gets off of work. So we'll head straight for your house smudge. I guess, anyone who's not planning on meeting us at the park, meet up beforehand at smudge's, I think we should leave smudge's at around 5:30 to head downtown, and we plan on all meeting up at the fountain in riverfront park at 6pm. Savvy?

18. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    Sorry I didnt make it to Smudge's yesterday. I had a tooth filed Friday morning and ended up not feeling like going anywhere on Saturday.

19. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Don't feel bad, everything kind of "came apart", kelli's folks came into town on Saturday and that put us behind schedule. The good news is, they bought us a new car :D

20. DarthTratz

DarthTratz Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2007
    Yeah, "came apart" is one way of putting it. ;)

21. Darthchromer

Jun 6, 2007
    I just really hope this is not "business as usual" with the Spokantina when plans are made with others. Hope you at least were able to salvage the night with some promoting for Spocon.

22. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Uh-oh.

What happenned?

23. Darthchromer

Jun 6, 2007
    I understand sh** happens, but after waiting for 3 hours at the park then getting an apology from the coordinator of "I would say I'm sorry but, I just got a new car so I'm happy". is essentially a slap in the face to the two of us. We have way better things to do with our time on the weekend than to wait for someone with that kind of disregard. You probably don't understand the trouble we have to go through to do events like this, with having to schedule babysitters and being apart from family that wants you to be there for them instead. Its not easy to make time for your hobbies.

24. DarthTratz

DarthTratz Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2007
    Amen brother.

25. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Sorry guys. If I'd known that the whole thing would be a big hassle, I wouldn't have suggested it.

To The Spokantina: Here's my position/situation when it comes to events, I don't plan or organize anything, that's not my strength, I'm not to be relied upon in that respect. The problem with the Spokantina, is that NO ONE takes INITIATIVE. So I end up having to kick everyone into gear to do stuff, and then everyone looks to me to organize things, I've bled star wars blood for this group for going on 2 years now, I pay for our web hosting out of my pocket, I've payed for most, if not all of our promotional material, and honestly, I feel more "kicked in the gut" than appreciated most of the time. I'm not fishing for complements or asking for reimbursement, I just want to show that I'm doing my part to help this group because I love it so much. So if anyone's been wondering why I've been "out of the loop" lately, you've got your answer. I love this group to death, but if we're going to be sucessful, do events, and have a great time, people need to buckle down and do stuff, because I'm done being the "catch-all" for planning and executing events and projects. I've got far too much on my plate as is.

Now that I consider it. I may need to take a month or two off of the Spokantina... so until further notice, the Summer BBQ is on hold until I can decide if it's something that we can handle. Sorry guys, it's getting harder and harder to enjoy hanging out when I get bitched at all the time (and believe me, I can take a lot of bitching before I explode). I love everyone here dearly, but I'm not feeling the love back.

To Glenn and Shannon: I'm incredibly sorry that you guys felt abused, that was never my intent, I'm just really bad at planning, and my whole weekend was thrown off. Sorry if I sounded like a prick about my new car, I was only trying to put a positive spin on a crappy day, obviously I failed miserably. If this is planned again for next year, we should make sure everyone arrives early morning and gets good parking ;) If it makes you feel any better, everyone I was with was complaining to me too, so I guess no one ended up having a good time :\ All I can say is that I'm sorry, and I hope everyone will forgive me for my mistakes and poor planning)

To My Wife: Happy One Year Anniversary, Sorry I screwed up the whole weekend. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.