main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Romance. With Zombies. Shaun of the Dead

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Who's a fan of Video Games, cricket bats, London, zombies, the Winchester, and someone so disfunctional that they don't even notice at first when Zombies take over?

malkie edit not sci-fi or fantasy

2. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    That movie was hilarious. I loved the whole "being to self-absorbed to notice zombies have taken over" bit. I also loved the bit at the end where they're watching the news 6 months later and they're showing how many of the "z-day" zombies had been integrated into normal society and given menial jobs.

3. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    Absolutely love this film. I'm a big fan of Spaced too, this film kinda feels like a feature-length Spaced episode in many ways. Well written and acted, George A Romero liked it so much he got Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in Land Of The Dead as zombies.

4. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Great movie, I loved the part when they took pictures of the zombie chick.

5. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Living in London now, I'm getting some of the cultural references and things, like Zed vs. Zee, etc.

Current mission - find the Winchester.

6. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    I think in one of the commentaries on the DVD they say where the pub is and what it's real name is too.

7. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    IMDB has the name, so I think that I'll make a short trek down this weekend to take a look. I'll post up pictures.

8. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'd never even heard of this movie. This one of those stupid Sci-Fi movies?

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Whaaaaa?

HANG YOUR HEAD IN THE CORNER OF SHAME!#

Shaun of the Dead is an absolutely hystarical movie- Romantic Comedy with Zombies is it's tagline. Here's the plot:

On Friday, Shaun is in a rut. At 29, he's coasted through life--and still hasn't gotten very far, usually winding up at the local pub, the Winchester. His roommate Ed looks up to him--when he can take his eyes off the TV, that is. Liz is re-evaluating their relationship, particularly after Shaun fails to do something special for their anniversary on Saturday. That day, there are train delays, people fainting in the streets, TV news reporters on unexplained calamities. No, it can't be--but it is--the dead have risen. Saturday's isolated incidents mushroom into a full-on zombie assault and, once daylight breaks, it's Sunday bloody Sunday. As manners and flesh take a beating, it's time to seperate men from meat, humans from zombies, and living from undead. Shaun and Ed grab whatever is at hand to repel the attacking zombies, summoning reserves of strength they didn't know they possessed and straining muscles they forgot they had. Rounding up friends and family, they press on towards the sanctuary of the Winchester. All that stands in their way are hordes of the flesh-eating undead.

It's hilarious.

10. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I like this movie.

It does get darker towards the end, but it is good. Gotta love Brit rumour

And the weird thing? I really don't like zombie movies.

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I'm not a zombie person either, but the trailers for this one were just too good.

E_V- Have you seen the trailer or the movie yet?

12. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Seriously E_V, you need to see this movie. This is one of those hard not to love movies. It's so incredibly funny. I actually bought it on DVD since I missed the theatricle run. I was absolutely shocked at how funny it ended up being. British humor + Zombies... What can go wrong!? Not a thing, that's what.

GO SEE IT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.