Memph, TN Ronald McD House Big Scoop Ice Cream Festival '04

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Hey gang,

Thought I'd go ahead and post this as a heads up. I'll post more info as I get it.

As some of you know, Sal, Tim, Yoda, and Muley were out at the Agricenter for the Big Scoop last summer to help raise money for the Ronald McDonald House. They posed for pictures in costume with kids, and walked around and mingled with the families.

This year's Big Scoop Ice Cream Festival will be on July 31. It usually runs from 10/11am-4pm. The picture area needs costumed characters. If you are interested you can post here or stay tuned for further info.

There are pictures from last year on the SMT's website or on the MSCA website. You can also find out more about the RMH here- www.rmhmemphis.org

Non-costumed volunteers will also be needed.
  2. Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    sounds like Fun...hmmm Mandalorian getting Ready
  3. kellilla Force Ghost

star 2
    Man... I want to come, but it's the same day as the Antiques Roadshow... gah. can't... decide...
  4. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'll be there, Lin. I'd love to have a good SMT costumed turnout for this. Sal and I got our pictures taken a lot last year. It was fun and good promotion for the club.

And then there's that whole "free ice cream" thing.
  5. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Well, that and there are new costumes to show off!
  6. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    I don't know about a costume for me by then, but I'd like to help anyway I can!!!

John
  7. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    I don't know about a costume for me by then, but I'd like to help anyway I can!!!

John
  8. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    OOoops!!! ;)

Trigger happy John
  9. TK_1427 Jedi Knight

star 1
    You know I'll be there. And Kell, you have to enter for tickets for Roadshow and there's no guarantee you'll get tickets. Not everyone who requests them from WKNO will get them. Then if you happen to get tickets, you'll literally spend half the day in line before you get in. (I know from experience). So come hang with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Chuck, you're such a trooper!

Check out the shots of last year if ya'll get a chance. If we have enough SW folks we can work in shifts,take breaks, and actually try and enjoy the event. Tim and Sal were great last year. I thought a couple kids were gonna mess themselves when they would light up the MR FX sabers!

Tim- do you think having the kids sabers were fine, or should I bring the photo-sabers? I could make a couple smaller kids sized ones.
  11. kellilla Force Ghost

star 2
    Oh, I know... if I get a ticket (they don't start until May), I may just send Dad up there... I'd so much rather hang out in costume than stand in line at the convention center all day :D
  12. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Why does that not surprize me..? Oh, it must be the gazillion costumes you've got!

Hope you can make it, Kell- I know the kids got a big kick out of you at Nightmarez.
  13. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Muley's gonna be there as himself this year; probably not even as SpokesMule. They want the puppet "in case," but I'm going to try to get a Muley shirt just for himself.

DarthMule would have been cool, but since there's absolutely no time to make any such outfit he's just playing himself this year.
  14. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    You sure you don't want me to throw in a 2-3X for big Muley? I'll be sure to snag one for back-up Muley, too. Oh, I do have a spare shirt with 'SpokesMule' on the back already. If you don't want the BS logo on it maybe we could do a transfer.
  15. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Beggers don't dare choose. I'll take it! :)

You're always 3 steps ahead of me. That's why you rock!

and I roll...(that, plus I've gained 20 lbs. the past year or so).

Thanks.
  16. Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    ey Chuck, did you ever ask skip about the Sintra? how much per sheet and stuff?
  17. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Let's see....when is it, July? Tim said it was reaaaallllyy hot in there last year. Maybe I'll be inspired to make my MJ costume.....if I can hit Lin up to sculpt a broach. ;)
  18. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    If I can see it, I can sculpt it.

Yep, it's kinda hot in there- especially in Jedi robes or trooper armor! Which is why it would be nice to have several people there to take turns for breaks. Oh, and did I mention that there is ice cream..?
  19. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be there in costume, I'm putting it in my date book right now.
  20. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    But, on the other hand, it does work as a weight-loss program. I think I sweated off about five pounds last year. I think I'll wear both costumes at once this year to double the effect.
  21. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Maybe we should make some jedi outfits outta that silver material. We could loose weight and bake a potato in our pants at the same time!
  22. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I don't know about you, but the potato in my pants isn't there for baking.

Wait. Did I just say that out loud?

:p
  23. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Hey, impress the ladies and cook lunch at the same time- now that's multi-tasking!

But like the old joke sez- the potato always goes in the front!
  24. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    I don't know about you, but the potato in my pants isn't there for baking.

Wait. Did I just say that out loud?
    ------------------------------------------
    Tim, is it just me, or was the potatoe sentence just the most perfect sentence to quote Andy 'Dick' about?
  25. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Tim: At the RMH banquet the other night, Sherri said she needed to get in touch with you about the Drive-In Night at the RMH. Give me a yell if you need her email addy.

BTW- at the banquet our own Kev/DarthMule won RMH Special Event Volunteer of the Year for 2003!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.