Ronald McD House Big Scoop Ice Cream Festival '04

Discussion in 'Memphis, TN' started by Dork-Vader, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I've got mine, but don't know if it would fit or not. The tabbards are a bit long on me so it might work. Just add black pant and boots/shoes.

Kev- got your Muley Big Scoop T-shirt. I'll bring it by tonight.

Lin
  2. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks for looking out for us on the shirt, man. I'd let him just go in his own feet until I make some kind of cover that looks boot-ish or shoe-ish. I might just one day check the mascot costumer sites and see if they have anything already made to order, y'know? But, it'd have to be big feet.

They are starting sign-up for volunteers at 9:30 and want people in their places by 10:30. The event is 11-4. I plan on being on time (of course) and maybe earlier to let MuleySuit walk around some to visit with the volunteers. Oh, and Muley is going "in case" the moderators don't show up again.
  3. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    You know Muley is always needed!
  4. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    I hope so!!

Anyhow, I grabbed up some posters and stuff from Anna yesterday, and I've handed out a few. While I'm working at Total Image tomorrow I might try to put some out up there in Lakeland, it's not far from Agricenter.

Sleepy time now. Sinus med's knocking me out.

Oh, and Lindy said they might have Muley on with them at Fox 13 IF they get a date and time.
  5. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Are they going to be at 'Breakfast on Beale' with Fox13 next Friday?
  6. skip1 Force Ghost

star 3
    hey everybody,

i wish this was happening the following weekend.im gonna be in alabama next weekend but will be there in memphis the first weekend in august.if my sisterinlaw has her baby next week around the due date.

hope this turns out great,good luck

skip
  7. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I was asked to send a list of folks who would be participating for our group. I need to get it in within the next few days. Anybody else coming to this, or will I be the Lone Jedi?
  8. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Could be, Tim. Are Sal and Yoda going to be there?

Skip- sorry you can't make it. Really dug the snowtrooper armor at AdvCon. If you know anyone that's in the Memphis area, or wouldn't mind driving in from Jackson or Nashville for the afternoon have them give Anna a shout- anna@rmhmemphis.org
  9. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    It's official: Set those VCR's and prepare yourself! Don't know what he's supposed to be doing yet, but Muley will appear on Fox 13 this Friday, 7/30/04, along with the folks from the RMH to discuss the Big Scoop!!
  10. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Cool, I'll have to pick up a tape!
  11. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    So I take it that Muley will have to wear a Big Scoop T-shirt? No way to get him in an SMT Hockey Jersey for the TV crew? :p

Sal just called me. He'll be joining us as well for Big Scoop. Don't know if he wants to bring Yoda or not. I know that he was concerned with Yoda's safety, and that he really doesn't transport that well. I'll leave that up to him. (Sal... not Yoda.)

Anybody else joining us? I have an extra Jedi costume available!

Anyone?

Anyone?
  12. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I just forwarded an email I got from RMH about Big Scoop to everyone who expressed interest in participating this weekend. If you didn't get it, please let me know and I'll send it again.
  13. TK_1427 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would love to go if I can fit in the Jedi costume.

Chuck
  14. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Chuck: Hate to tell you, but Grace has already asked to use my other Jedi costume. But, never fear- Tim the insane costumer is here! Between Traci's old jedi costume (no, we're not asking you to dress as Barriss!), and some spare costume bits I have laying around the house, I think we might be able to come up with something for you. If you have any kakhi or black pants and some boots or other appropriate footwear, we should be able to accommodate you nicely. The only thing I know I don't have an extra of is a Jedi belt, so if you have a thick belt handy, I know we could come up with something. Give me a shout and we'll work something out. I'll also forward that email to you from RMH about volunteering for Big Scoop.
  15. kellilla Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be there! Wearing my blue senate dress - just gotta find all the pieces again and make sure no repairs need to be made :D
  16. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Excellent! Sounds like the Big Scoop is going to turn into another SMT party! Glad you're joining us, Kell!
  17. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I'll be wearing the Slave Luke bikini under my clothes...
  18. WonderPants Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a pair of leopardskin boxer shorts (don't ask) that you can use for the Slave Luke costume, Lin. ;)
  19. DarthToddy Jedi Master

star 2
    Lin, I hope your Luke slave bikini is a one piece I hope. I would worry if you actually had a 2 piece bikini!!

John
  20. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    It's not a bikini if it's not a two piece- or should we just call it jedi butt-floss! :)
  21. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Dear Lord, I just pictured that. Oh, my aching head!

You going to get to show off your Jedi costume at all, Lin, or will you be stuck inside a furry character suit all day?
  22. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I'll actually be running around taking pics in my RMH volunteer costume. Last year I was 'Linny The Pooh' for about 30min-hour and was sweating my a** off!

Don't know if I'll be in one this year or not. Todd won't have his costumes there. Wish we had picked up that Trooper armor in NC. Patrick would've been the pefect size for it...
  23. DarthMule Jedi Master

star 3
    Wonderpants, PLEASE don't be loaning out your underwear. I already have bad, terrible visions of Lin in a bikini. Then again, I'm running around in an ass-suit.
  24. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    See everyone in a few hours! Looks like we're going to have a good SMT crowd, with Sal, Tim C., Kell, John, Grace, Jay, and myself in SW costumes, Kevin assing it up as Muley, and Lin just being the character he always is ( :p ).

I meant to make it to the Volunteer meeting tonight, but missed it thanks to the kidney stone that hit at around noon today. So, unfortunately, I have no information to pass on to anyone. However, if it's like last year, all we'll do is participate in the charity character photo booth, and when we're not in there, walking around having a good time with the crowd.
  25. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Thanks to everyone who turned out for this year's Big Scoop! We had a good time despite not being photographed as much as last year. (Of course, we were missing the 8-14 year old age group that we had last year, too. That, and the Costume Nazi who was running everything didn't seem to help much.)

Lin told me Saturday that we've been invited to do another event by a local radio station. (Lin will have to fill me in on the details again. Obviously, my short-term memory is shot!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.