main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Ronald McDonald House Charity Event

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by MiraNova34, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Hey guys, I called and left a message. Waiting for them to call back. Wanted to let you know I'm on top of it. rmhc.org 824 Children's Way jax Fl 32207. I'll stop by Wed if I don't hear from them. How about sometime in August?

2. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Thanks for calling Gina! That would be a great start for our charity work since it involves children.

Keep us updated!

3. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    im sure this would be a big thing for us.and the children!yeah im up for it.

4. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    RMH is excited about us doing this event. They think the kids will really love the SW costumes. We just need to set a date. I assume Sat. would be best. Is there a preferable time? Debbie Hayes is the program coordinator and I'll update you ASAP.

5. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    I'm avalable the 9th & the 16th all day.

6. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    keep us posted.

7. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    I think between our next meeting, Wylie's birthday, the London Symphony in Daytona, we should shoot for sometime in August.

Can everyone check-in on and decide on a good Saturday date in August that works for the majority of us? I think based on the Golden Corral event, the more people we have in costume, the better.

If you can't come in costume, I hope you'll still think about coming - you can help with activities or just talking to the kids about Star Wars. I KNOW you all have Star Wars t-shirts that you can wear!

Let's get our charity work going!

8. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    Here's the scoop: Friday's around 7pm are best because the kids usually go home with their parents on the weekends and during the weekdays they have surgeries and procedures. How's Aug. 5? Also, Debbie said we aren't guaranteed a lot of kids because of so many variables. Her husband likes SW so he might come out to chat with us too! Let me know so I can confirm this with her. Thanks!

9. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    The RMH is closed the month of Aug. for some minor renovations, so how is Sept. 9? RMH is across from Nemiors Children's Clinic.

10. riquigonjin

riquigonjin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    that would be fine with me.

11. CRIMSONXXX

CRIMSONXXX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Sounds good to me! Thanks for your research Gina.

TR-1741

12. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    I am out of town that week in September but I am sure everyone else will represent!!

13. ImperialOrder

ImperialOrder Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    I'm gonna be in Orlando working FT. Sorry but I can't make that.

>Steve

Run REBEL SCUM RUN!!

14. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    hey guys!
    Anyone else up for this?
    I want to check in with Debbie soon and give her a head count.
    Is the date a problem?
    Gina

15. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I'm up for it, what's the date and time.

16. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    Looks like I may be around town after all on the 9th.

How will this work from our stand point - are we just going to show up, are we throwing a party for the kids, etc. Whatever you can find out Gina would be great. I think if we can outline our plans, it will help.

Plus, for anyone that doesn't have a costume, it would still be great if you showed up in a Star Wars t-shirt just to help out in some way. When we did the event at Golden Corral, it was really overwhelming with the amount of kids swarming around.

17. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    Sept. 9 (Fri.) 7pm
    Debbie had told me there could be only a few children for us to entertain because of so many variables (having surgeries, home with their family, physical therapy and so on...)That is why Fri at 7pm was chosen; she thought that was the best possible chance of the kids being there and not at doc. appt's. So, I'm not sure about doing a party. She's gonna give us a tour of the place as well.
    I left a message asking about water, room to change ect.. I'll let ya know.

18. Leia214

Oct 24, 2004
    I will definitely make some copies of the coloring pages I have - I will plan on doing 30 sets even though there might not be that many children there (we'll have the leftovers).

Gina, after you and I talked, I forgot all about asking Chris about any Free Comic Book Day leftovers they might have for us to give out also. So Chris, any leftovers from that?! :)

19. MiraNova34

Dec 12, 2004
    I asked Chris and there didn't seem to be any leftovers form FCD.
    Thanks for copying the coloring pages, good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.