Ronald McDonald House

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As per _ROGUE 9_ (ekimnotslar''s) request, I am creating this thread so he can post information regarding the Ronald McDonald House.

I will hand it over to Rogue 9 now...
  2. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Greetings Pilots. You can see the Death Star here, orbiting the small forest moon of Endor...

Sacramento Ronald McDonald House (SRMH) is having two volunteer introduction meetings this Thursday Juy 5 @ 4:pM and 7:pM. It appears from their website it may last an hour. They only have one day of intro classes per month; I'm gonna go to this one so I can present stuff at our next meeting. I will go to the 4:pM right after work. All are welcome to attend, though I will be getting off a little early from work downtown to make it on time to the early one. My wife may meet me there so she can research volunteer ideas for her girl scout troop.

I will gather information so we can discuss some viable options for including SRMH in our list of volunteer organizations. Check out they're website if you get time to see more of what they are about, especially if you might come up with some quick questions for me to research.
    I already have one idea that you can look at on the website: SRMH holds a carnival every year at Halloween. This year it's on Friday October 26, 2007 6:00 pm - 8:00pm. I was entertaining the idea of us having table at the event, massive candy for trick or treaters (I believe they incorporate this in the event for kids in costume), and a bunch of us in our bright shiny new weathered looking costumes.

[image=http://www.rmhcnc.org/house/images_2454260/house02.jpg]
    http://www.rmhcnc.org/house/index.html
  3. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright Ekim I will try and make this one too, 4pm it is.
  4. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    This is great, Ekim. Thanks for following up with this and getting involved. With you and Marric going to the volunteer meeting, we should be well hooked up with information. I can't think of a more worthwhile way for us to give of our time. I look forward to hearing more about it at our next meeting.
  5. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  6. PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello there, due to Alex having to work, I wont have any transportation to or from. If there is anyone willing to come get me and bring me home, I'd love to be able to go? I will give towards gas..
  7. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Rogues. Plan is still 4:pM at Sacramento Ronald McDonald House, on UC Davis hospital campus.
    I will likely be there right at 4:pM. Bring cold liquids, because it's gonna be a hot one today gang!
  8. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    It looks like i won't be making this, I have a project to finish and I can't leave before 4 as was planned. So take good notes Ekim and I look forward to hearing all about this at our next meeting.
  9. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    I arrived in the nick-of-time to the SRMH volunteer information presentation, and gathered valuable information to present at our next meeting. They're Halloween carnevil (SP intentional) is one of our three service opportunities, so I will incorporate a costuming push as part of my presentation- ALL ARE FOREWARNED of the pending "costume prophesy".

The second opportunity is SRMH (Christmas time) Holiday party, which is one of their largest events. This event is also gift driven-more on that at our next meeting.

Last of the three volunteer ideas is directed at those who shop at Safeway stores: Safeway shoppers can designate Ronald McDonald House as the primary beneficiary of the funds Safeway directs a small percentage of our purchases towards. I will be changing our Safeway donation designation to Ronald McDonald House charities as an example for others in the group.

Further info at July rendezvous. Rogue 9 out...
  10. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    bringing this back up to the main page (and giving me board dominance:D [face_laugh] [face_devil] )
  11. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I cry uncle...I give up...I was going to try and be obnoxious and match you post for post, Marric, but I just can't keep up with the mindless prattle...You win,loser.[face_beatup]
  12. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    "Come kneel before me, son of Jor-El" oh yeah I win[face_dancing] :-B
  13. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    I can keep this up for at least another hour or more[face_batting]
  15. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, dang it, I can't. I've got stuff I've got to do, and this has kept me from it long enough!
  16. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
  17. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    NEVER!!!:p "Hail to the King"[face_dancing]
  19. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hail to the Master!!! heh heh

20. MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Knight

star 2
    Or the Handmaid of the Master!!! La la la la... [face_batting]
  21. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Eek...too much testosterone around here![face_sick]
  22. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah I won't be calling LDV "master" again anytime soon.
  23. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm, Marric...you call LDV "Master?" And does he call you "servant?" [face_whistling] [face_laugh] (That is one great Depeche Mode song, 'ya know!)
  24. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    you'll just have to wait and see, like the rest of the world.
  25. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    people are people so why can't you see, you and I should get along so awefully?...

...gotta get back in time (to the 80's ya'll!)...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.