Ronald McDonald House

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    ahh Auqua net, popped collars, tight pants, and neon shirts. Almost sounds like what the kids are wearing now, though you could never convince them of that, Heaven forbid they actually be wearing what their mother or father wore at their age.

This will make me sound like an old man, but the music then was far better than the crap they're putting out now. Sum 41, Avril Lavigne, Fallout boy are about as punk rock as Boy George was. The Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash, Black Flag, hell even Rancid should all get together (atleast the living ones) and lay the pimp hand down on those that sully the good name that is "Punk". Argh I get upset just thinking about it.
  2. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Hear, hear!" good one Marric!!

"Rock, rock, rock and roll high school!!"
  3. CaeliRose Jedi Knight

star 2
    [image=http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t151/eileanedonan/pimphand.jpg]
  4. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Love the pimp hand. One of my African American partners at work is always popping-off with the
    "I keep my pimp hand strong" line- he worked the heart of Oak Park for two years, and is a constant crack-up.

I'm back in flight plan and all green lights for SRMH Carn-evil. Gonna be fun. Any updates on progress of masks or coloring page print-outs for TOT paper bags?

How does everbody feel about me designing a simple red rebel alliance logo shaped table out of two 4 X 8 sheets of ply wood, some sturdy legs (make it so it can be quickly assembled), and painting it red? I may not be an artist, but even I can draw a super simple alliance logo onto two sheets of plywood, and cut it with a saw. I was thinking this could be the debut for such a thing, as we could put it in the middle of the area we will be setting-up in, and it would look cool. I'd pay for it myself too.
    [image=http://ships.firenebula.com/starwars_demi/images/rebel_alliance.jpg]
    Thoughts, impressions, comments anyone, regarding a red rebel alliance logo shaped table approximately 8 X 8 feet around ... ?
  5. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks Ghud! I like it! /Borat

-TJ
  6. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    would it be too sharp at the points? if not, I say go for it. I would love to sully a Rebel table with my Imperial presence.
  7. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it sounds cool, ekim. When we are done with it for the RMH, you can hang it in your living room. Hip decoration! (Now, I'm not sure how your wife would feel about that, but you could try!)
  8. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sounds good Ekim. I would really like to see it.
  9. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Of course, I hadn't thought that far ahead Marric. Hmmmmmmm... perhaps I could simply purchase a large round table from Sam's Club for like $30, and either paint the logo on it, or buy/make/have fabricated a table cloth of the rebel alliance logo. I believe Sam's Club has a smaller table like 4 feet across that would work. In fact, I could even buy a simple canvas tarp from Harbor Freight Tools, and have an artistic person do it for me! Now, where can I find an artistic person who can paint on canvas, maybe even paint a more ... "sophisticated" logo? hmmmmm.....

...oh and no, JD, I will not be hanging, affixing, or presenting any "Star Wars" related subject matter on any walls at home. It would be such a shame to find the memerobilia torched and smoldering on my front lawn, or upon the hood of my already dirty truck [face_beatup] . Ah marriage, what compromise it recquires... :rolleyes: alas, my "pimp-hand" is broken
  10. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, ekim, sorry to hear that. :( You are right -- we don't want to see any torching! I do understand however, as the husband has relegated my SW stuff to our bedroom. I have to geek out in there only -- but I took full advantage and hung SW curtains and posters all over. Gotta take over the space alloted, right? Maybe you could have a corner of the garage? [face_thinking]

Like the idea of the table...where do you get your energy?

11. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, and sis, my energy level is depleted to an all-time low reserve. I can still manage some funny pics though...
    [image=http://www.planetnelson.com/valentine.jpg]
  12. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope we can get R2 out there with us, I think the kids and adults would go coo coo for cocoa puffs over that.
  13. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do we have a hook-up for an R2 unit? That would be cool. If anybody knows an R2 operator, let's pursue that fast. Gimmee the number and I'll call!
  14. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We have one already Ekim, I just need you to reconn the layout and see if we have any flat, smooth surfaces so he can operate R2 on.
  15. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    This could be awesome if we have enough costumes and tattoos;)
  16. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I agree!!! At the meeting, we will discuss his status with the Rogue Force in detail. Including a motion to immediately authorize his Rogue Status. The kids are gonna love it!
  17. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is he planning on being at the next meeting?
  18. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    dunno yet, we are working on it
  19. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't recall him saying if he was or not, I think we will co-ordinate via e-mail.
  20. MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Knight

star 2
    great idea, i love via she is my fave of all time!
  21. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    Marric, you started this...then LDV was compelled to be the best...and now MJ has joined in the fracas.

Time for everyone to STOP with the compulsion to be the last poster in every thread. :rolleyes:
  22. MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well naturally it takes a woman to show the "boys"....[face_laugh]
  23. Womprat429 Jedi Knight

star 1

I really think this is a cool idea and you should still make it, even though it will be too pointy to use around kids. This is exactly the kind of thing we need to attract people to our table. Awesome!
  24. ekimnotslar Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well Womp, I may take a shortcut and buy a 60" across round table from Sam's Club. It has a plastic top, which is paintable. It is sturdy, and would last a long time. We could simply have our resident painter paint our SVRF logo or the red rebel alliance logo on it. I don't think it will be a problem that the painted picture has a complete circle white base. Many of the backgrounds on the logo pics I've seen on the web are identical to that format. So, we can do it from an existing structure without the sharp edge problem. Thank you for the encouragement too. I will try to get it done by the carnival, and we can use it for all events that way too. We could also attach one of our banners to it as well, and it would look killer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.