1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Joesha Jedi Master

star 4
    ic: Maya Yubari
    Mos Eisley, Cantina

Maya slid what remained of her Tatooine currency across the bar in exchange for a glass of what the barman had assured her was the finest Mos Eisley wine, she doubted this very much. Times were getting desperate now, she had sold all she was willing to and was now out of money. She wasn't going to risk accessing her bank account here, or in fact anywhere.

She hunched over her glass and tried to stay out of sight, it seemed a bar brawl was about to start and she didn't want to get involved, she'd kept a low profile so far it would be a shame to blow it now. Her outfit didn't exactly scream incognito, she was wearing a long veil and a silk robe, one glance would tell you it was expensive but at least it wasn't colourful. A single sip from the "wine" was enough to confirm her earlier doubts about its quality but the toxic taste covered up the rancid smell of the cantina.

The next events happened so fast that it took Maya a few seconds to recount what had happened. It seemed that the brawl had indeed started, a rather large Twi'Lek had been thrown backwards into her and subsequently her wine had ended up down his top. Seeing a frail young woman, obviously not from around here, the thug turned on her but was greeted with her blaster in his face.

"Now the way I see it is..." She started, having now gained her composure. Thank god for the veil, it concealed her fear. "... we have just had a simple accident. Obviously you are very sorry you spilt my drink and will now buy me another one before you and your friend leave me in peace and take your business outside. Is my assessment correct?"

tag: Anyone coming into the cantina, or already there.
  2. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC: CZ-22
    The Ronin

"Any questions?"

"Yes, in fact, Master," Seezee began, "I seem to recall droids being unwelcome in the Mos Eisley cantina, a fact pointed out by my late former master. What are Estee and I to do during this time?"

Tag: Ham
  3. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    OOC: Sorry, I hadn't checked back in a while, my bad.

Clarissa Chell
    The Ronin

"Any questions?"

"Yes, in fact, Master," Seezee began, "I seem to recall droids being unwelcome in the Mos Eisley cantina, a fact pointed out by my late former master. What are Estee and I to do during this time?"

Clarissa smiled. "I'll keep you two company, Seezee - if the Captain doesn't mind, that is."

Tag: Hammurabi, Sephy
  4. Vulnus Jedi Padawan

Does anyone know when Hammurabi will be on i sent him my CS like 2 days ago and havent gotten a reply and i hoping my character would get as a Cantina recruit.
  5. sprintabm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Pacer Crag

Pacer smiled. "Look for new crew. Stop at cantina." The last phrase was a key one for him. "I can sure do that, Captain Donovan. If you have a return time for me let me know, and I'll be on my way to merriment." Pacer paused and tried to sound a bit more serious. "Oh, and be on the lookout for new crew members, of course."

Pacer was already halfway down the loading ramp, itching to move towards the siren call of the cantina. He really needed a drink. Or few.

TAG: hammy
  6. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    IC:
    Ronin S1E1 - Captain Grant Donovan
    Ronin - Tatooine - Mos Eisley Spaceport

Clarissa smiled. "I'll keep you two company, Seezee - if the Captain doesn't mind, that is."

"Right," Grant said. He had forgotten the Mos Eisley cantina's policy on droids. "Well, feel free to check out the town, but keep in mind, it's a rough place. You should be fine though, if Clarissa goes with you. I don't know what you feel like doing, but if you get the chance, do you think you could pick up some energy cells? We're running low, and we could use about a dozen more."

As Grant talked, he noticed Pacer already moving towards the exit ramp. "I can sure do that, Captain Donovan. If you have a return time for me let me know, and I'll be on my way to merriment."

"No specific return time," Grant said. "I'll probably drop by the cantina myself before we leave, so if you'd like, you can just wait there."

Tag: sprintabm, Sephy, Peng

Tatooine - Mos Eisley Cantina

It wasn't too long before Maya realized the person she had pulled her blaster on wasn't the cold, brutish thug she was imagining; instead, she found herself face-to-face with a gangly teenage twi'lek who appeared substantially more afraid of her than she was of him. "S-s-sorry, ma'am..." he said.

Tag: Joesha/>
  7. sprintabm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Pacer Crag
    streets of Mos Eisley

There was almost a jaunt in Pacer's walk through the streets, dodging land speeders and dewbacks as he made his way to the cantina. This being a spaceport meant that the cantina would have a fine selection of drinks. That's in theory, anyway. The last time Pacer was here left him pretty disappointed in the lack of variety of decent hard liquor. But that didn't matter; if it was hard, he'd drink it.

That's what mostly preoccupied his mind at the moment. That, and making sure he got to the cantina so he could satiate his thirst. He didn't forget that he was supposed to look for potential crew members, which would unfortunately cut into his personal time. That led to a thought that dampened his spirits; he would have to stay somewhat under control of his own thoughts and actions this time around. The last time he didn't keep that control, he had to find another ship to work on. That led him to his current position on the Ronin.

Pacer became a bit more somber. He didn't want to get kicked off another ship so quickly.

Finally, the destination. The last time he'd been there was almost a year ago. Not much had changed; it was still the dive bar that it's always been, and from the looks of those loitering outside, it still had the same colorful collection of patrons. His thoughts became joyful again, wondering what type of whiskey he would start with...

He froze in his tracks right as he entered the bar at the sight of a woman holding a blaster at a young twi'lek. It seemed the rest of the customers were fixated on the scene as well.

"Guess it's happy hour," Pacer muttered to himself.

TAG: kantina kids

OOC: I won't be able to post again until Sunday evening.
  8. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: I'm also going to be gone this weekend. I might be able to get out another update tomorrow afternoon, but after that, I'll be gone until Sunday. Hang tight.
  9. Darth_Joesha Jedi Master

star 4
    Mos Eisley, Cantina

After a few seconds of pointing her blaster at the thug Maya realised it wasn't a thug at all but merely a young Twi'Lek, with a sigh she lowered her blaster and sat back on her stool.

"You still owe me a..." She started but upon seeing a small yellow lump on the green Twi'Lek's neck she stopped. Standing she walked over to him as he quivered slightly. "Sir, has that lump been irritating you at all?"

A little taken a back by this comment from the woman formerly holding a blaster to his head the Twi'Lek finally responded. "Uh, yeah it aches a lot."

"I suggest strongly that you seek medical attention straight away. I believe that the lump is a highly volatile tumour, it could rupture at any point.... that would kill you." Maya said suddenly concerned, she had seen these forms of tumour before. They generally didn't end well.

tag: Cantina crowd
  10. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC: CZ-22
    The Ronin

"Well, feel free to check out the town, but keep in mind, it's a rough place. You should be fine though, if Clarissa goes with you. I don't know what you feel like doing, but if you get the chance, do you think you could pick up some energy cells? We're running low, and we could use about a dozen more."

Seezee noticed a redundany in his programming. In the short time he had been owned by Master Donovan, he had found himself reminding him rather often that he was Master Donovan's property and it was his responsibility to follow his master's orders. However, Master Donovan regularly spoke to Seezee as though he and the droid were friends, without the owner-property relationship. It was not a relationship Seezee's programming accommodated for. Perhaps after several more years without a memory wipe he could adapt to relating as something similar to a friend, but for now he simply had to figure out how to handle a master who did not act like a Master.

He also noted a few lines of coding activating well-below his standard operation programming. The codes were heavily encrypted, and he could not translate them until he saw exactly what they did: One of his smuggling compartments opened up on his lower torso. "Ah... Master," he improvised, "I believe, given Mos Eisley's reputation, especially their reputed attitude towards droids, it would be wise to place the credits for the energy cells in this smuggling compartment. They will be safest there."

Anomalous subroutine noted, Seezee thought, Potential usefulness rated: 79.384% chance of future use of smuggling compartment activation subroutine being valuable. Storing activation code in Pre-Wipe Customization Index. Once the restraining bolt had been removed, Seezee had partitioned a portion of his memory banks as the Pre-Wipe Customization Index, in which he would store and back up all information he gathered on how and when to use the many non-standard components that had been added to him by previous masters, the idea being that the Pre-Wipe Customization Index would survive future memory wipes and he would not need to re-learn all of his old skills.

Tag: Peng, Ham
  11. kit-kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    OOC: Hey sorry, a few personal matters came up this week, and I was able to post, but I am here now.

IC: Syn Kitezer
    Mos Eisley, Cantina

Syn had just tossed one human male into the streets of Mos Eisley and of the cantina, and was heading back to retrieve the one he had left unconscious on the floor. The two men had been rather intoxicated, and had decided to start trouble with a little twi'lek teenager who was a waiter at the cantina. The blonde one had grabbed the boy's lekkus from behind. After this the brown headed man stood up and began punching him in the stomach, yelling something about aliens being the scum of the galaxy.

At this point Syn had left his position at the entrance to the cantina, and come up behind the blonde who had been holding onto the twi'lek, and grabbed one his arms, while twisting it behind the humans back. The man had then let go of the twi'lek's other lekku out of surprise, seeing that the boy was no longer being held, the nautolan had grabbed the back of the man's shirt with his free hand, and tossed the blonde onto a table to his left. Syn had then looked up to see the brown headed drunk reaching into his jacket. Knowing that a weapon would soon appear, Syn then pulled the waiter behind, and quickly realized he had pulled slightly too hard, and the boy had gone stumbling back towards the bar. From behind him the nautolan heard a crash, but could not worry about it at the moment, instead he reached for the stun baton located on his belt. The brown headed man drunkenly lunged at him with a vibro-blade. Side stepping the attack, the bouncer had struck him on the back of the head with his stun baton, and the drunk had dropped at his feet. The one who had been thrown on the table was clumsily trying to get to his feet, when Syn had hit him with baton as well, and picked him up to deposit him into the street outside.

Still walking back to the second body, Syn noticed a delicate looking woman holding a blaster to the young waiter's head. While reaching for his own blaster (set to stun) the woman lowered her weapon, and a few seconds later had a distressed look on her face. The bouncer figured the the boy had a cut or some such thing on him, and the delicate woman found it much more serious then it actually was, and he turned his attention back to the man on the floor. He picked up the man and walked back to the entrance. Now he saw a a man with light brown hair and beard standing near the entrance to the cantina. Scanning over the man for a minute he decided he wasn't with the other two, and thought no more about him. He threw the man into the street and headed for the bar to check up on the boy.

The woman was now asking the twi'lek questions of some form, and the boy looked frightened. In his low growling voice the nautolan asked, "Is there a problem here mam?"

TAG: Everyone in the Cantina
  12. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Clarissa
    The Ronin

A sly smile played on the pilot's lips. Truth be told, she was eager to stretch her legs, but she doubted that anyone in Mos Eisley were dangerous enough to pose much of a challenge to her. Well, maybe dangerous, but not as dangerous as her. "That's a good idea, Seezee. I'm sure the captain agrees."

Without waiting for a reply, Clarissa turned and walked down the ramp, stepping onto the sandy ground below. Sometimes, it was really fun being a bad girl.

Tag: Sephy, Hammurabi
  13. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Okay, I'm back in town. Expect an update tomorrow night, or maybe tonight, if I can get one out.
  14. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Sorry 'bout that, I expected the update to be ready tonight. Tomorrow for sure.
  15. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Okay, I'm back and ready to go. Sorry that took so long - it was a bit harder than I expected to get grounded and back up to date on the game. While I was gone, things sort of zigged right when I was right about to zag, but at this point, I'm ready to zig. One quick thing though, before we get going again - as far as opening posts go, I'd like to cue most character's first entrance into the game. A couple characters so far have popped up before I intended them to, and that's fine - I suppose I didn't make myself clear. But in the future (and this only applies to characters that haven't yet joined us, mind you) I'd like new players to wait for me to cue them in a tag. Or negotiate it with me in advance via PM.

Also, one or two of you might be receiving a PM from me tonight or tomorrow. It's nothing serious, but I'd like to work through a couple things. Until then, let's continue with the story.

IC:
    Tatooine - Mos Eisley

As the droid's innards opened up, revealing the smuggling compartment, Grant's eyes lit up. "Well," he said, "you learn something new every day. That right there might come in handy." He reached under a control panel and opened a drawer, from which he pulled some spare credits. "Take these," he said, placing them inside the droid. As he did so, he realized that Clarissa was already leaving the ship. "Better hurry up," he told the droids. "Looks like someone's rearin' to go."

At this point, Grant decided it might be time to drop by the cantina himself. It wasn't far; the cantina had been built as part of the spaceport. As he entered the bar, he nearly walked into Pacer Crag, who stood at the door, apparently reluctant to venture too far into the cantina. And Grant couldn't blame him - there was a reasonably-sized bar fight already in progress. However, the bouncer seemed to be handling things well. As things cooled down, Grant noticed another scene, quieter than the bar fight, at the center of the cantina. Apparently there was some dispute between a young human woman and a younger Twi'lek. The Nautolan guard had entered the scene also, and Grant was prepared to join them. Not only was he curious in the story before his eyes, but he was also wondering how well the Nautolan would fit on his ship's crew. Only one way to find out...

He turned to Pacer. "I'm going to go check this out, find out what's going on, maybe try and recruit somebody. Feel free to join me." With that, he strode forward. He noticed the woman was still holding her blaster. She seemed a little antsy and more than a little out-of-place in the Mos Eisley Cantina. And in a den filled with rogues of all forms, aliens of a dozen varieties, it's difficult to appear out-of-place.

"Well," Grant sighed, "What have we here?"

Tag: Joesha, sprintabm, Sephy, kit-kenobi Peng
  16. Darth_Joesha Jedi Master

star 4
    Mos Eisley, Cantina

"Is there a problem here mam?"

Maya turned from her new patient to see a Nautolan glaring at her. She had seen him here before and took him to be the bouncer or some such. "Firstly, I would appreciate not being called "ma'am", I'm not 40 yet. Secondly, yes. There is a problem. Call for an ambulance, we need to get this man to a hospital... you do have hospitals?"

She gave these commands with strong authority. So much for keeping a low profile, the entire bar seemed to be looking in her direction and her Indus accent definitely gave away she was not from around here. She turned then and grabbed one of her bags, opening it to reveal a large stash of medical supplies, these alone would be worth a small fortune on the blackmarket, not to mention the other medicine she had in her large bag. Now was not the time to worry about her possessions though, a man's life was in danger.

"Well, what have we here?"

Another spectator had joined the fray it seemed.

"Can everyone please just stay back! We have a very delicate medical situation here." Maya couldn't exactly say this was the environment she was used to working in, she practised in a sterile, quiet operating theatre, not a crowded, dank bar. She took a large tranq-gun from her bag and took a step towards the Twi'Lek, at the sight of a large needle coming towards him he understandably took a step back.
    "Please... this medicine could be the difference between life and death. We need to operate, but until then I need to stabilise that tumour, the only way I can here is with this."

The Twi'Lek maintained his position, he looked like he was glued to the floor. Maya took another step towards his which he countered with another step back.

"Someone, please help me. We don't have much time!" She called out, someone needed to hold him down so she could treat him.

tag: Cantina
  17. kit-kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Syn Kitezer
    Mos Eisley, Cantina

"Firstly, I would appreciate not being called "ma'am", I'm not 40 yet. Secondly, yes. There is a problem. Call for an ambulance, we need to get this man to a hospital... you do have hospitals?"

Syn started to the bartender to tell him to call an ambulance, but not before glaring at her for her rudeness. He then sprinted up to the bar, and reached over it to turning the bartender toward him. In a growling force he commanded him, "Get an ambulance here fast. The little twi'lek appears to be in trouble." The bartender nodded, and run into the back of the cantina to the office.

Syn turned and ran back to the woman and the twi'lek, but someone new was there now. An older looking man was standing there, he looked as if he had had his share of adventures over the years. The woman had called out. "Someone, please help me. We don't have much time!" Having had his own share of adventures Syn understood that she couldn't help the poor boy, if he was thrashing around. The nautolan then pinned the mans lower torso and legs to the ground to keep him from moving his body too much, and then with his hands, Syn held down the boy's arms, to allow the woman to continue her work.

TAG:Everyone Involved
  18. Darth_Joesha Jedi Master

star 4
    Mos Eisley, Cantina

Maya's thumb slowly stroked the handle of the tranq-gun feeling the cold, metallic surface. This simple device was the difference between life and death for the young Twi'Lek. On Indus this condition would have been noticed early and never reached this volatile stage but on backwater planets like Tatooine medical conditions were largely ignored by the populace until it was too late, it was lucky she was here. She pushed the veil she was wearing over her head so she could see properly, though this also showed the beads of sweat forming on her forehead, if she injected this boy too far from the tumour it would have no effect, but if she did it too close it could work against them. At this moment the bouncer took the boy and held him still, she shot him a thankful smile and moved forward.

She took a few seconds to decide the perfect placement of the needle and then took one large breath before plunging the needle in and pulling the trigger to release the tranquilliser into his neck. After removing the needle she waited a second until the boy fell limp. Finally she let out a heavy breath and wiped the sweat from her brow.

"It worked, we need to lie him down." She finally said, clearing the nearest table. "Gently, any sudden movements could rupture the tumour. All we can do now is wait."

She then turned to her mysterious assistant and held out her hand. "Maya Yubari, thank you for your help."

tag: Cantina crowd.
  19. kit-kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC:Syn Kitezer
    Mos Eisley, Cantina

Syn looked up after he had the boy pinned and noticed the woman had lowered her veil. She looked beautiful as far as humans went. He had just assumed the veil was being used to hide a hideous scar or something. Then, she shot him a warm smile, and he smile in return. He still had not forgotten the rudeness she had displayed earlier, but he was beginning to think it had been born out of the circumstances.

After the human had injected the twi'lek she looked up and said in a relieved voice, "It worked, we need to lie him down. Gently, any sudden movements could rupture the tumour. All we can do now is wait."

The nautolan bouncer then shot a glare to the people occupying the nearest table and they immediately moved to another section of the cantina. Syn turned back to the boy and carefully lifted him off the ground, and started for the table. With much care Syn laid the boy on the table, until the ambulance arrived.

Turning back towards the woman he saw her hand extended as she greeted him, "Maya Yubari, thank you for your help."
    Syn took her hand and gave it a firm shake, then smiled and replied, "Syn Kitezer, I do what I can. What was wrong with the boy?"

TAG: Cantina people
  20. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    Tatooine - Mos Eisley

Grant watched things play out in front of him. Apparently there was some pressing medical concern with the young twi'lek, and apparently this young woman was a doctor. Not the typical denizen of Mos Eisley, and she wasn't exactly keeping a low profile - a dangerous move, given her surroundings. The Nautolan was helping her out, and both were making an effort to quiet the boy. Grant stood by until most of the commotion was done, then stepped forward. Apparently the two were waiting for an ambulance to show up.

"Excuse me," Grant said, "but keep in mind this is some backwater town, not some city-planet. So if you're waiting on an ambulance, you're going to have to wait until someone decides to build a hospital out here. And in the near future, that looks pretty doubtful. So until then, you're just a high-class doctor on a low-class planet, whose residents tend to frown upon rich folks walkin' into their bars, pulling blasters on their kids, and then knocking them out cold. And, uh, that 'tumor'? Ritual M'buuntu gland implant. A lot of folks out here in the boondocks subscribe to this whole M'buuntu cult, and to my knowledge, they're not particularly appreciative of people trying to remove their ritual glands. So if you don't mind me saying so, you might want to tread carefully. But that's just my advice. I mean, you can do as you please."

Tag: Joesha, kit-kenobi; still waiting on sprintabm, Sephy, Peng
  21. sprintabm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Pacer Crag
    Mos Eisley, cantina

Pacer was already finishing up his first brandy on the rocks, standing not too far behind the captain, watching the scene with curiosity and humor. He started to chuckle out loud, the humor outweighing the curiosity. Some gal, playing doctor all of a sudden, stepping into some situation that she doesn't even know about... this gal was gonna get herself killed. Or robbed; from the look of her he bet that a lot of these thugs would think of her as a prime target.

He gulped down the last of his brandy and pounded the empty glass on the counter, motioning to the bartender for another. "No, don't tell her that, Donovan! I really wanted to see her perform some surgery right here on the counter!" Pacer laughed. His right arm intentionally and exaggeratedly jerked up and hit his chest. "Maybe she could do something about my muscle spasms here?"

TAG: cantina kids
  22. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC: Seezee and Estee
    Mos Eisley

Seezee's smuggling compartment snapped shut on the credits almost as soon as Master Donovan's hand was a safe distance, and Seezee and Estee headed down the ramp, which the treaded repair droid noticed would not sustain a great deal more traffic, as fast as their servos and wheels could propel them. "Mistress Clarissa," Seezee vocalized in a louder, higher-pitched voice that functioned as the protocol droid equivalent of a yell, "Wait for us! We do have the credits you will need, after all."

Tag: Peng
  23. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Clarissa Chell
    Mos Eisley

"Mistress Clarissa," called Seezee, "Wait for us! We do have the credits you will need, after all." The droids were scrambling after her as fast as their mechanics would allow. Clarissa paused, turning to watch the droids catch up with a bemused smile.

"I don't think I'd have trouble pocketing if I lost you two, Seezee." Losing these two might not be such a bad idea, actually, thought Clarissa, the smile faltering for just a moment.

"Come on, we'll see what's over..." Clarissa pointed to an exit, "...that way."

Tag: Sephy
  24. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Sorry about the wait, everybody. A couple thinks have come up in the past few days to rob me of my free time. However, at this point, I have taken it back. Expect an update tomorrow.
  25. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Okay, this thread has hit a bump. But I'm not going to let this thread die. The cantina thread has hit a standstill, but I'd like to move things forward. New rule: if you don't post for several days, expect a PM from me. If you haven't posted within a couple days of receiving the PM, we move forward without you. There's enough people interested in this game that we don't have to wait on one or two people. Of course, if you can give me notice that you'll be unable to post for a few days, it's all well and good. But I'd like to get this moving again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.