main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Room for Me - Dear Diary challenge response - updated 5/8 - Han Solo/OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Room for Me
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: OC, Han Solo
    Notes: Based on an OC from this story: Useless Dreams

Room for Me

Entry #1

My mother always said that my taste in men was abysmal and would get me into trouble.

I hate it when she?s right.

So what is a nice girl like me doing thinking about the biggest rogue that ever piloted a ship? He?s handsome, much too handsome for my own peace of mind. He?s also charming. Very charming ? and he knows it. He has a crooked smile that makes me want to push him up against a wall and see if those lips taste as good as I think they will when they curve into a mocking smile.

He has no idea what thoughts I?m hiding from him, because if he did he would run hard and fast in the other direction.

I?m an artist; he?s a smuggler, no matter how he tries to pretty it up. I was raised to respect the law; he was born to break it. He?ll break my heart if I give him the chance. There is no way that it would work between us. We simply don?t fit.

Just when I?ve convinced myself that he?s no good for me and that I would be better off walking away from him, I?ll see that hint of vulnerability in his eyes and I?m lost all over again.

He?s hurting.

I can see that much. And I want to hold him close and make the pain go away. I just don?t know if he?ll let me. He?s so closed off, hiding behind his charm and his careless attitude. He acts as if nothing in this galaxy can touch him. He might be right, and that scares me most of all.

I don?t need to be psychic to know why he hurts. Their relationship was splashed all over the holocasts for years ? especially when she married someone else. He loved her, loves her. I?m not stupid, it?s written all over his face. There?s no room for me in his life or his heart.

Or is there?

2. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    [face_shame_on_you] I already know that I am going to like this one..... [face_love]

cheers,

VeryBusy

3. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    He has a crooked smile that makes me want to push him up against a wall and see if those lips taste as good as I think they will when they curve into a mocking smile.

Don't we all![face_love]

Excellent start Mama Vader.=D=

4. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wonderful!!!

:D

5. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Yay! Could this be Ynna's diary? [face_thinking]

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    He has a crooked smile that makes me want to push him up against a wall and see if those lips taste as good as I think they will when they curve into a mocking smile.

Whoa, that is hawt! :D :D I'd like to floolw this. dd me to any PM list. :D :D

7. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    *sigh* so lovely!

Bravo! =D=

8. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Intriguing response, Mama V! I always love reading your work because you really give life and feeling to your characters. I feel for your OC. In the short entry you brought out this character's obvious love for Han, her doubts on their compatibility, and knowing how much pain he must be feeling.

I loved this part:

I?m an artist; he?s a smuggler, no matter how he tries to pretty it up. I was raised to respect the law; he was born to break it. He?ll break my heart if I give him the chance. There is no way that it would work between us. We simply don?t fit.

This just breathes off the screen. Looking forward to more entries. @};- :D

9. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Oh, this is like twisted perverse. Me likes. :D

Great stuff so far (and I'd like to see how long you can keep up with the challenge of doing TWO diaries. Somehow I think you'll pull it off...and then we'll have to give you a medal or a trip to the Caribbean or something. :p).

10. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Ohh... I'm in. Are you doing Pms?

11. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very intriguing beginning.

There is no way that it would work between us. We simply don?t fit.

Uh huh, that's what they all say :D

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Yep, I'm hooked.

I have no clue who the OC is, but I'm interested in getting to know her, even if it won't be pretty for one of my favorite couples.

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    verybusy I like writing this character. :p

PRINCESSCAMBRIA Yes we do. :D

Golden_Jedi Thank you!

Blue_Milkshake Yes, it could. ;)

Healer_Leona I will, and thank you for reading! :p

Jade_Pilot Glad you liked it!

MirandaFair Thank you. [face_blush]

leiamoody Now I'm doing three. I'm insane. :oops:

Arwen_Djo I'll PM you! :D

KELIA Isn't that the truth!

BigFatty She's an OC from a different story and this is starting BEFORE that story. And just so everyone knows, Han and Leia aren't a couple in this one. So there's no cheating going on. :p

[i]Entry #2[/i]

We met on the streets of Coruscant. I should not be surprised that he was roaming the lower levels in search of a form of entertainment of which my parents would most definitely [i]not[/i] approve. He was only slightly drunk, just enough to lower his guard for a few moments.

?Hey, gorgeous,? he practically purred as he slid into step beside me. I am quite sure that his voice alone has opened many a bedroom door.

I was running late for an appointment with a gallery owner who insisted, for some unknown reason, on maintaining his gallery in the lower levels. I suppose he thought it gave it an edge, and perhaps he was right because the gallery was shamelessly successful. He was going to show my work, that?s all I cared about. Artists can?t afford to be picky.

I stumbled to a stop, my hand drifting to my belt where I carried a small blade. A girl should never be unprepared, that?s what my mother said anyway. Of course, she could skin a man alive before he even realized he?d been cut. My father often said that it was her dangerous quality that attracted him first. I guess I?m more like my father than I thought.

He was trouble.

Oh my, was he most definitely trouble. Dark eyes, a ready grin, and hair that was adorably mussed. My fingers literally itched to push back from his eyes and I restrained myself only with the greatest of effort.

So there he was, Han Solo.

I should note that he looked even better in person than he did in the holos. Much better. And damned kissable. Yes, he was TROUBLE.

?Hello yourself,? I replied once I decided not to draw my blade. Perhaps I should have.

?What?re you doing down here all by your lonesome?? he asked, one brow quirking, his lips pulling in a half-smile.

?Making a living,? I answered before I thought about how my response would sound.

?Well now, isn?t that convenient,? he drawled as he took my arm. ?I was looking for someone to relieve me of some credits and have a good time in the process.? He gave me a wicked wink.

It was precisely then that I realized he thought I did something much different for a living. ?I?m afraid you?ve gotten the wrong impression,? I demurred, pulling away from his slightly.

He frowned at me for a moment, the drinks he had obviously had slowing down his mental processes ? or maybe he was just stubborn. ?Oh?? The man looked so enticingly puzzled that I had to laugh.

?No harm done,? I assured him. ?I just don?t do?[i]that[/i] for my credits.? I waited for this announcement to penetrate the light fog of alcohol. I could tell the moment that it did, because he gave a chagrined smile and shrugged.

?Sorry about that,? he mumbled. Then he grinned, the charm back in full force. ?But I still say you?re gorgeous.?

[i]Oh, Mom, this one could be the one?[/i] I thought. Pushing that thought away, I nodded my head at his compliment, thinking that somehow it moved me more than all the flowery praise I had heard from the artists I knew, who did know how to turn a phrase after all.

?Where?re you going?? he asked, tilting his head slightly. That movement revealed the line of his strong throat, and I was almost overwhelmed with the urge to place a soft kiss there and see what he would do. I called up the image of my mother shaking her head in disappointment to keep me where I was.

It wasn?t easy.

?I?m going to the Zaz Ga

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Mmm, even though thinking you'd never see him again, he's the kind you think and fantasize about. :p [face_love]

15. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    ?Hey, gorgeous,? he practically purred as he slid into step beside me. I am quite sure that his voice alone has opened many a bedroom door.

A smart girl... :D

16. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Then he walked away.

I didn?t think I?d ever see him again.

I was wrong.

...isn't that ALWAYS the way?

Well done! =D=

17. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    You wrote a fangirl w/o making her annoying. Nice

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Healer_Leona Hell yes! :D

Golden_Jedi Yes, she knows him even better than she thought.

Jade_Pilot They show up when and where you least expect them. :p

SilSolo Thanks! :)

[b]Entry #3[/b]

A few hours later, I was standing around the gallery. I knew I should be happy because already three of my paintings have been purchased. That?s a pretty good night for any artist. Okay, I admit that I?ve got a little following now, but I don?t think [i]any[/i] artist ever feels convinced that they actually have talent. I keep waiting to wake up and find out it?s all been a dream and I?m really stuck in some dreary office filing reports all day. [i]That[/i] would be a nightmare.

Okay, I?m sorry. I got distracted. My art is my passion and it tends to derail my thoughts sometimes.

I was in the gallery, trying very hard to look pleased and [i]not[/i] like I was fantasizing about a certain famous son of Corellia. Who knew he would be even better looking in person? Sorry, back to the topic. I?m talking to Zaz, the gallery owner, when he stops yammering in mid-sentence, looking over my shoulder.

?Oh, my dear!? he exclaimed. ?Your show is officially a success!? He beamed at me with almost paternal pride and I wondered vaguely if he had been sampling too much of his own wine. He sighed impatiently and nudged me. ?Look?? he hissed.

I glanced over my shoulder and who was standing there?

Yes, the object of my not-so-innocent fantasies.

Han Solo stood there in the doorway, his shoulders hunched forward as he if was afraid he?d accidentally brush against something and break it. He spotted me when I turned and a look of relief crossed his face. Interesting. I?m going to file that away for examination later, diary.

Giving Zaz a nod, I made my way toward him, but even in those few moments a small crowd had gathered around him. Mostly women. Damn.

He stuck his hand out threw the throng of people and grabbed mine. ?Hey, darling,? he drawled, that crooked smile once more making an appearance. ?Sorry I?m late.? Okay, I got the picture. [i]Rescue me,[/i] his eyes said. I admit that I wasn?t reluctant to get him all to myself.

?Darling?? I cooed and his eyes widened in surprise. I gave him a chaste peck on the cheek as expected (as first kisses go, it wasn?t one for the record books) and led him away to a quiet corner.

We stood there looking at each other. He didn?t let go of my hand. I didn?t make an issue of it.

Then that grin bloomed again and he tugged me closer. He lowered his lips to my ear and I shivered at the feel of his breath. ?I guess I owe you one,? he whispered.

?I guess you do,? I replied, knowing my voice sounded a little breathless. I didn?t care at that point. Then I smiled at him, and I think something of the predator might have come out in that smile because his nostrils flared slightly, as if he scented danger. ?I?ll collect later,? I promised.

Then I walked with him through the gallery, watching his face as he studied my paintings.

He did something I had never expected him to do, something against which I had no defense.

He got them ? my paintings, I mean. He understood them.

And that meant he understood me.

I was in trouble.

Or, more precisely, [i]he[/i] was in trouble.

I?ve never let anything stand in the way of my goals.

Never.

19. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Her goal will be catching Han.... and I can't say I blame her for that goal! ;)

20. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Oh, I'm really liking this. I've wanted to see more of Ynna since reading Useless Dreams. Great start, can't wait for more!

21. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Oh, I'm really enjoying this. I'll have to learn more about this OC - I'm an artist myself, so naturally I'm very intrigued.

Keep up the fantastic work! :D I'll be following this as closely as I can.

22. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    This is such a great insight into her character. Even though I know where this ends, I live where it's going!

23. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006

I was in trouble.

Or, more precisely, he was in trouble.

Never.

:D :D :D

Ynna is just great! [face_love] I am really starting to love her way of thinking... [face_love]

cheers,

VeryBusy

24. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    He did something I had never expected him to do, something against which I had no defense.

He got them ? my paintings, I mean. He understood them.

Awwwww... I've never seen Han as the art-lover type, but still, he's a smart guy anyway... :)

25. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Or, more precisely, he was in trouble.
    Never.

You go girl!

Great update. I love watching new relationships bloom. @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.