main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Room for Me - Dear Diary challenge response - updated 5/8 - Han Solo/OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    A Happy New Year to you, Vader! [face_peace] It's good (though embarrassing!) to see Ynna and her father talking about her and Han. She and her father's embarrassment about this topic comes through very well:

?Someone?s got to keep your brothers in line,? he said. ?And out of your way,? he added with a wink. ?Otherwise they?ll invade again and you?ll never see your Mr. Solo again.?

I blushed and then got even more embarrassed that I had blushed. What was I? Fourteen?

Dad patted my knee. ?Once you?re awake and aware of where you?re at, come on out and tell your mother good-bye, sweetie.?

He got up and was at the door before I found enough courage to speak. ?Daddy??

He turned. Waited.

?You?re not?ashamed of me or anything.? I dared to look at him. ?Are you??

?Now why would I be ashamed of my favorite daughter?? he asked gently.

Nice! :) Of course, he also has to admit to being embarrassed, and worrying about whether Han is 'on the rebound':

?I know what you mean, Ynna,? he said and came to sit on the bed once more. ?I admit I don?t care to think about the details of your? uh?? He coughed. ?Intimate life?? He reached out and hugged me. ?Just be careful, baby girl.?

?He?s a good guy, Dad,? I whispered, burying my face in his chest just like I used to do when I was scared as a little girl. ?He just?? I sighed and leaned back to look into my father?s eyes. ?He got hurt?hurt bad, I think.?

?Yes, I know,? Dad answered and brushed back my hair. ?I just don?t want you to get hurt, baby.?

?I don?t want to get hurt either,? I told him and then I gave him what I knew was a shaky smile. ?But I also know I?ve got to see how things work out?even if I get hurt in the end.?

If I were her father I'd certainly be worried about Han.[face_worried] As Ynna ends up saying:

I hoped Han Solo knew what he was in for, because I wasn?t giving up until there was no hope left.

Whether he liked it or not.

Well, Vader, you've certainly made me like Ynna and her family, and made me hope that Han is serious about her! [face_thinking] =D==D=

2. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Awww! That was wonderful. Sorry I've been MIA.

Or maybe by asexual reproduction. Yes, that was even better.

hahaha! That's amazing! [face_laugh]

?Then see this through to the end, Ynna, and if you need us to catch you later, we?ll be there.?
    And somehow, just knowing that, made all the difference.

Awww!!! Aren't daddies wonderful? *melts*

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    MsLanna Hang on. You know what they say about bumpy rides. :p

Alexis_Wingstar Ynna wants to tell everyone how she and Han finally got together.

Golden_Jedi One way or another is right. :D

Jade_eyes Father/Daughter mushiness. [face_love]

alhana_antilles Tenacious, stubborn, determined.... Yeah, pretty much. ;)

LadyKethry I'd be honored to!

Jade_Pilot You think? [face_whistling]

dm1 Yeah, I'm a Han/Leia fan myself. So I knew Ynna would have to be special. [face_mischief]

PonyTricks I've got a list of volunteers who are willing to "heal" him. [face_batting]

Kevin_Solo Well, the ending to their love story has already been written, but hopefully you'll enjoy the journey to our destination! :p

Arwen_Djo Parents + sexual stuff = [face_sick]

[b]Entry #38[/b]

I admit that when my parents left, I began hatching ? and immediately dismissing as utterly ridiculous ? various schemes to stake my claim on Han Solo. Not only is such behavior completely out of character, but I began to feel a bit? well?common, I suppose.

Luckily, all of my scheming was confined to the space of one day. Such things don?t come naturally to me. Which is a good thing I suppose. Anyway, it would hardly have done me any good to present a false face to Han. He had met, and seemed interested in, the [i]real[/i] Ynna ? not some mask I might create just to keep his interest.

If we?re going to have any kind of future at all, I have to know that he liked me for who and what I was ? the good and the bad.

It was clear that Han was damaged goods in a way. He had been hurt deeply by his princess? acceptance of the Hapan?s proposal. But I really had only a very basic idea of the facts, since society gossip wasn?t usually on my radar.

So I decided to do a little research, and maybe avoid making a shaak?s behind of myself.

There was a wealth of material written on Han, not to mention the princess of Alderaan and Luke Skywalker ? the man who had defeated the Emperor and Darth Vader. But how much of it was fact? And how much fiction?

Finally, after two days of sitting slumped over a data pad and trying to cram too much useless knowledge into my head, I gave up. This was getting me nowhere. And besides, I wanted to see Han again.

Han had contacted me several times and I promised I would see him tonight.

I have no plan, no agenda. The only way I?m going to get Han Solo to fall in love with me is to just let things play out and see where it takes us. I?m hoping that destiny or fate, or whatever you want to call it, will merge our paths.

Now I can only hope for patience, because I have a feeling that I?m going to want to kill him before this is all over.

[i]I will not kill the man I love. I will not kill the man I love. I will not kill the man I love.[/i]

Maybe if I say it enough times, I?ll believe it.

I will not kill Han Solo. I love him. I won?t kill him. I'm pretty sure that would be counterproductive anyway.

4. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Now I can only hope for patience, because I have a feeling that I?m going to want to kill him before this is all over.

Probably! [face_laugh] I see that she succumbed to the holonet's temptation... I guess that was inevitable.

5. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I will not kill Han Solo. I love him. I won?t kill him. I'm pretty sure that would be counterproductive anyway. - LOL! That's the truth. She knows that a living, breathing Han is better, anyway. ;)

6. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    I admit that when my parents left, I began hatching ? and immediately dismissing as utterly ridiculous ? various schemes to stake my claim on Han Solo.

Oh Ynna, you've already staked.[face_love]

7. Kevin_Solo

Jun 22, 2007
    I liked this update a lot! =D=[face_laugh]

Ynna trying to scheme to ensure Han's hers? o_O I'm very glad, for her sake, that she came to this decision:

Anyway, it would hardly have done me any good to present a false face to Han. He had met, and seemed interested in, the real Ynna ? not some mask I might create just to keep his interest.

If we?re going to have any kind of future at all, I have to know that he liked me for who and what I was ? the good and the bad.

It was clear that Han was damaged goods in a way. He had been hurt deeply by his princess? acceptance of the Hapan?s proposal. But I really had only a very basic idea of the facts, since society gossip wasn?t usually on my radar.

What an intelligent, sensible woman she is! =D=[face_peace] Naturally, such a person would try and do research. This next bit, about what she found, got me laughing a lot:

There was a wealth of material written on Han, not to mention the princess of Alderaan and Luke Skywalker ? the man who had defeated the Emperor and Darth Vader. But how much of it was fact? And how much fiction?

Finally, after two days of sitting slumped over a data pad and trying to cram too much useless knowledge into my head, I gave up.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]8-} If the GFFA has the equivalent of fanfiction and alternate history websites, not to mention gossip ones, no wonder she's confused! [face_worried]:confused:[face_thinking] Her final conclusion was expected:

I have no plan, no agenda. The only way I?m going to get Han Solo to fall in love with me is to just let things play out and see where it takes us. I?m hoping that destiny or fate, or whatever you want to call it, will merge our paths.

I will not kill the man I love. I will not kill the man I love. I will not kill the man I love.

Good luck to you, Ynna! [face_peace]

8. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004

I will not kill the man I love. I will not kill the man I love. I will not kill the man I love.

[face_laugh] Yup, that's our Han!!!! Poor Ynna, she's got it bad, and I think it's gonna get worse!

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006

I will not kill Han Solo. I love him. I won?t kill him. I'm pretty sure that would be counterproductive anyway.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great update =D=

10. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    interested in, the real Ynna ? not some mask I might create just to keep his interest.

That's it, Ynna! Hang in there. If it doesn't worke like that, it won't work at all.
    The deep morass of yellow press. No wonder she got confues there. Fact and fiction tned to be very blurry concept there...

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]
    This cannot be quoted too often. A fundamental truth about relationships, if you ask me.
    And killing the other is indeed counterproduchtive...:p

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ynna cracks me up!!! Though of course if she DOES wanna kill him... that doesn't necessarily mean she will or that they won't get together eventually, like L&M and Ben/Meg. :) :) ;)

12. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002

[face_laugh] Not only is she honest, but she's perceptive.

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Golden_Jedi Well, wouldn't YOU if you were dating someone so famous? [face_whistling]

PonyTricks And much more fun too! ;)

Blue_Milkshake And how! :D

Kevin_Solo She's going to need all the luck she can get! :p

dm1 Yep, this is only the beginning!

Alexis_Wingstar She's got tough road ahead of her.

MsLanna
    Oh yes, I still have to remember that I love my husband and must not kill him. Besides, I'd have to dig a really big hole to hide the body! [face_mischief]

Jade_eyes Sometimes I think the more you love someone, the more tempted you are to want to wring their necks, though not in the literal sense of course! [face_whistling]

alhana_antilles She knows Han quite well doesn't she

[b]Entry #39[/b]

I had to laugh, because when Han showed up at my door, he gave a careful look around. ?So?uh?where?re your parents?? he asked in an effort to look casual.

No one can do casual like Han Solo, but I glimpsed the discomfiture behind the façade. He was trembling just a little bit in those sexy boots of his.

?They?ve gone home,? I told him and watched the relief bloom on his face. His shoulders relaxed and he stuck his hands in his pockets.

?Really??

?Yep,? I said and then opened the door.

I?d like to say that we sat down, sipped at some wine, and talked about the latest holovid we?d seen or the novel we were currently reading before moving onto galactic politics. I?d [i]like[/i] to say that, but that would be a lie.

Actually, the moment he stepped into my apartment, I shoved him up against the wall. I?ve thought about doing that a lot lately. I wonder what that says about me?

More importantly, who cares?

Anyway, he didn?t seem to mind. In fact, I think he enjoyed it. A lot. He gave a sexy little groan as I struggled to get his shirt open.

Why does his shirt have so many buttons?

Anyway, later, after we?d caught our breath, I flopped back on the bed. I was too tired to be embarrassed at my unladylike behavior. To be honest, I?m not all that much of a lady. I find them kind of boring sometimes. I mean, I can use the right utensils and refrain from belching at the table, but I?m not going to screech if I see an insect or pretend that I didn?t enjoy what we had just done.

Because I [i]had[/i] it enjoyed it. A lot. A lot a lot. You get the idea.

I rolled over and studied him. I could see that now that the passion of the moment was subsiding, he?d started to brood.

He does that very well, brooding. He?s got it down to an art form I think.

I could almost see [i]her[/i] ghost rise up in his eyes. I brushed back his hair, wishing I could sweep away the memory of her with the same ease. I leaned down and kissed him.

There?s nothing like a good kiss for the purposes of distraction.

He met my eyes and smiled. He started to say ?I?m sorry.?

But I put my fingers on his lips and shook my head.

?Stop it. Don?t.? I snuggled up close to him.

One day, somehow, I?m going to make him stop hurting.

I don?t know how or when, but I know it will happen.

It?s got to.

Doesn?t it?

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    He met my eyes and smiled. He started to say ?I?m sorry.?

But I put my fingers on his lips and shook my head.

?Stop it. Don?t.? I snuggled up close to him.

It?s got to.

Doesn?t it?

Aw, [:D] for both Han and Ynna.

15. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Steamy post! =P~

I don?t know how or when, but I know it will happen. - It won't happen for a long time, which is unfortunate for both of them. :_|

16. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    It?s got to.
    Doesn?t it?

Ynna, darling, it's all up to him to stop hurting.:_|
    But having you by his side will help a lot a lot.[face_love]

17. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I could almost see her ghost rise up in his eyes. I brushed back his hair, wishing I could sweep away the memory of her with the same ease. I leaned down and kissed him.

There?s nothing like a good kiss for the purposes of distraction.

It's a good tactic, anyway. ;) They still have some way to go, though.

18. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Oh Ynna you're battling against some powerful ghosts there sweetie! [:D]

Well done! =D=

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Leia's some kinda woman... very hard to get over--even when you have a good reason to try. ;)

20. Kevin_Solo

Jun 22, 2007
    Just because this update was short didn't mean that a lot didn't happen! :)o_O It certainly was a lot of very concentrated (and tasty) mush! =P~

Nice to see Han being nervous for a change:

I had to laugh, because when Han showed up at my door, he gave a careful look around. ?So?uh?where?re your parents?? he asked in an effort to look casual.

No one can do casual like Han Solo, but I glimpsed the discomfiture behind the façade. He was trembling just a little bit in those sexy boots of his.

Interesting.[face_thinking] I must look at his boots to see if she's right. ;) After the passionate part, we have this:

I rolled over and studied him. I could see that now that the passion of the moment was subsiding, he?d started to brood.

He does that very well, brooding. He?s got it down to an art form I think.

I could almost see her ghost rise up in his eyes. I brushed back his hair, wishing I could sweep away the memory of her with the same ease. I leaned down and kissed him.

I feel like sending her Episodes V-VI to give her an idea what she's up against. [face_mischief] Then we have the sad part:

It?s got to.

Doesn?t it?

Just give him time. :_|[:D]

21. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Great post, short, but a lot happened! Poor Han has one heavy duty ghost to exorcise, doesn't he? It is up to him, but I think Ynna is helping somewhat. A kiss is a great distraction!

Sexy boots? Never heard of such a thing, I was giggling at that one! I guess anything Han wears could be in that category, though!

22. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I know how she feels with wanting to shove him up against a wall. Good thing for a relationship, too. Might not be very ladylike, but as Ynna said, being a lady is a bore.
    I hope she can make the hurt go away. Not sure how to go about that, though.[face_thinking]

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Alexis_Wingstar Now they get to the hard part - putting up with each other! :p

PonyTricks Luckily, Ynna is a patient woman!

Blue_Milkshake That's good, because she isn't going anywhere! :D

Golden_Jedi And it's fun too! :*

Jade_Pilot Yes she is. :(

Jade_eyes But if anyone can help him, it's Ynna! ;)

Kevin_Solo Glad you liked it!

dm1 I've got a weakness for boots. [face_blush]

MsLanna VERY good for a relationship! ;)

[b]Entry #40[/b]

It?s been almost thirty days since my family left me. I admit that at first I [i]sort[/i] of missed them.

Then I came to my senses and realized that this might be the first, last, and [i]only[/i] time my mother would keep my brothers away from me long enough for me to figure out what was going on between Han and me.

I won?t lie. The physical side of things is great. Better than great. Fantastic comes to mind, but I?m not going into more details. Not even here. What if I do and then twenty years down the road my own teenage daughter finds this journal.

Then what would I do?

I?d have to fake my death and change my identity or something. That sounds complicated if you ask me. I think it?s easier just not to say.

Okay, so Han and I have been getting along great. It?s a little scary. I spend the night at his place for a few nights. Then I can see him getting twitchy and I tell him that I really need to be at my place for a while.

He gets this look of relief on his face that isn?t entirely flattering, but I?m willing to let it go.

For now.

I may make him pay for that later, when things are more settled between us. I?ll have to think about that.

Then he shows up on my doorstep, looking like an animal that someone?s abandoned and asking if I have anything to eat.

By the gods, that man can put away some food. I remember watching my brothers eat as teenagers, but I think Han would have beaten them all ? combined.

The grocery bill may be a factor in deciding our future.

Can I afford to feed him full time?

This could be a problem.

24. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005

This could be a problem.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

The on-going humor in this diary is just pricelss!

Well done! =D=

25. Kevin_Solo

Jun 22, 2007
    Good to see another update here!=D= I loved this bit:

I won?t lie. The physical side of things is great. Better than great. Fantastic comes to mind, but I?m not going into more details. Not even here. What if I do and then twenty years down the road my own teenage daughter finds this journal.

Then what would I do?

I?d have to fake my death and change my identity or something. That sounds complicated if you ask me. I think it?s easier just not to say.

[face_laugh]

I liked the description of things between her and Han:

Okay, so Han and I have been getting along great. It?s a little scary. I spend the night at his place for a few nights. Then I can see him getting twitchy and I tell him that I really need to be at my place for a while.

He gets this look of relief on his face that isn?t entirely flattering, but I?m willing to let it go.

For now.

I may make him pay for that later, when things are more settled between us. I?ll have to think about that.

Someone send this woman Episodes IV-VI to show her who he's trying to get over! [face_mischief]

I was interested in this observation about Han's eating habits:

Then he shows up on my doorstep, looking like an animal that someone?s abandoned and asking if I have anything to eat.

By the gods, that man can put away some food. I remember watching my brothers eat as teenagers, but I think Han would have beaten them all ? combined.

This could be a problem.

[face_laugh]

There's nothing in canon to say that he doesn't have a large appetite. [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.