main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Room for Me - Dear Diary challenge response - updated 5/8 - Han Solo/OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    It took me a little longer to figure out that he loves my soft tagana silk sheets, but he?s too embarrassed to say so. I guess he figures that interferes with his reputation as a big time smuggler and tough guy. I won?t tell anyone. Let the man keep his little secrets.

He also likes hot chocolate, but there?s something about that. He got this funny look on his face when I mentioned it. Then he said something about acquiring the taste from a friend. Now, normally I would have assumed he meant her, but that wasn?t the impression I got. I think he meant an actual friend. Who would have guessed?

I?ve learned that Chewie is more than his best friend. Han finally told me that he?d once saved the Wookiee?s life and since then, Chewbacca has followed him around (apparently whether Han wanted him to or not) and watches over him.

Which is a good thing, because Han could use some watching over.

I wonder if Chewie will mind if we share the job? Maybe I should talk to him about it. When the time comes.

I guess I?ll know I?m really a part of Han?s life when Chewie has a drawer at my place too.

And a big, Wookiee-sized bed for when he decides to visit.

I might need a bigger apartment.

I really liked this part. It's a great illustration of how close they are.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed entries #41 and #42. They're fun when you read them as one long postie LOL Ynna's got it bad and no joke!! I think I fell off the PM train :eek: Can I have back on?? That's why I popped into the thread and found two uppies--yay for me though :D

3. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    I adore that Chewie has his own space in Ynna's apartment. I'm always excited to see an update and for the chance to know your OC better. She's the only allowable replacement for a romantic interest for Han in my book.

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    MsLanna Yes, that would be Luke!

Golden_Jedi Progress indeed! :p

Kevin_Solo Love Han, love Chewie! :D

PonyTricks It would certainly be difficult to maintain the same friendship, given the circumstances.

dm1 His holos of his mate have to go somewhere. :p

Blue_Milkshake And a brush.

Alexis_Wingstar Glad you liked it.

alhana_antilles When you like a man's friends, it's true love. [face_laugh]

Jade_eyes Sure! No problem. :D

BigFatty It's still weird to think of Han without Leia.

[i]First, a confession. I've had this post written for months. Literally. Oops. And second, a comment about a straw in this post came straight from the genius of [b]Gina[/b], and I?d like to give credit where credit is due![/i]

[b]Entry #43[/b]

Okay, I admit it. I don?t understand men. I never have, and I never [i]will[/i].

I?m not sure men understand themselves. In fact, I?m fairly certain that they don?t.

You know in every relationship there comes a moment of truth ? a test that you know you have to pass or it?s all over?

We just had ours.

The jury is still out on whether we passed or not. I didn?t kill him, so I guess I should be grateful for that. So should he.

He came really close to getting strangled, let me tell you.

See, the problem was illness.

Han got sick.

Han did not want to admit to being sick.

Han was whiny.

Han was cranky.

Han was getting on Ynna?s nerves.

Han is lucky that he didn?t get thrown off the balcony.

One minute, he?s telling me that he?s not sick (despite all evidence to the contrary) and the next he?s sprawled on the couch and whining for something to drink. With ice. [i]Crushed[/i] ice. In a tall glass. Oh, but not [i]too[/i] much ice. And not juice. Nothing alcoholic. (He was mistaken there, I had gotten out the booze for [i]me[/i] since I could see where this was going) And he wanted a bendy straw.

I wanted to [i]bend[/i] his neck ? or twist it in a knot.

Chewie, the coward, pretended that he had urgent business elsewhere. [i]Anywhere.[/i] I?ll get him back. Even if it takes me [i]decades[/i].

Han?s throat was sore, but he was hungry. What could I make that would both taste good and not irritate his throat? Pudding? No. He didn?t want pudding. Frozen cream treat? No, that didn?t sound good. Finally, he just pouted about it while I enjoyed a nice bowl of soup.

After watching me eat, he finally told me he?d [i]try[/i] and keep it down. I said thank you, but I think my sarcasm escaped him at the time.

He watched a smashball game, all the while sniffling and sneezing and looking generally miserable. Then his team lost, which only made him sulk even more.

He was running a fever, which made him hot, then cold. Then hot. Then cold. And with every change he had to complain. I think I broke the thermostat resetting it so many times.

Then he had a headache. And his eyes hurt.

Then his skin hurt. And his hair.

And then he got really cranky. I didn?t know it could get worse but it did.

So while he sat there and looked absolutely miserable, I hovered. As annoying and exasperating as he was, I just wanted to hug him close and tell him it would be all right. He looked more like a little boy than a hero of the New Republic, and to be honest he sounded more like one too.

Is it sad that I found him absolutely [i]adorable[/i] in his crankiness? Or that his red nose and three days worth of scruffy beard made me want to wrap him up in a blanket and hold him?

Now he?s feeling better, thank all the gods.

I?ve got a tickle in my throat.

That can?t be good.

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Han was whiny.

Han was cranky.

[face_laugh]
    Don't we all know that kind of situation.
    I just hope han will be nice to her in turn, too. And not call Chewie back and steak away.[face_laugh]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Heee!!! Now it's Ynna's turn to be pampered!!!! This whole update was one big LOL moment. [:D] =D=

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Is it sad that I found him absolutely adorable in his crankiness? Or that his red nose and three days worth of scruffy beard made me want to wrap him up in a blanket and hold him?

Ah, love will do that.

Now turn about is fair play. :D

I loved this, can't wait for more. =D=

8. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Han got sick.

Han was whiny.

Han was cranky.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I was missing this story so much!

9. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Hehehehehe![face_laugh]

I too am a whiny sick person. I want to be read to, and coddled, and cared-for. Of course my husband doesn't stand for this behavior, but he does always make sure that I eat and don't get dehydrated.[:D]

10. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    That's what you think...

Men tend to be big babies when they are sick, even if it's just a tiny little cold. I've noticed that most of the females that I know just slog through their own illnesses; you know, too much stuff that needs to get done. The men just don't seem to take over what we do, the motto is "the dirty clothes aren't going anywhere, they'll still be here when you get better." Kids need to be dropped off to/picked up from school, meals need to be prepared, etc. The clothes will be there, in a bigger pile, so we just keep up with it so we're not completely drowning in them when we finally feel better.

Maybe Han will be different, or maybe he'll just try and wheedle Chewie into it for him. I guess we'll see.

Anyway, poor, sick Han, poor baby... [:D] the bendy straw just was over the edge; it had me cracking up! [face_laugh]

11. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I'm going to agree with dm1 here! Ynna may get sick, but she'd better not count on Han giving her a glass of something not alcoholic and with crushed ice!! He'll be too busy catching up on his smashball scores. Then, when she's all better, he'll bring her flowers and ask why she's mad at him! [face_laugh]

12. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    A great update!=D==D= I'll forgive the following anti-male comments, due to the situation the author was in:

Okay, I admit it. I don?t understand men. I never have, and I never will.

I?m not sure men understand themselves. In fact, I?m fairly certain that they don?t.

And all women understand everything about themselves, I suppose?[face_plain] o_O

I do, however, agree with what she wrote here:

You know in every relationship there comes a moment of truth ? a test that you know you have to pass or it?s all over?

We just had ours.

The jury is still out on whether we passed or not. I didn?t kill him, so I guess I should be grateful for that. So should he.

Considering what she later says she felt about him even when he was sick and irritable, I'll say she's got it bad![face_laugh]

I can well believe this about an ill Han:

Han got sick.

Han was whiny.

Han was cranky.

One minute, he?s telling me that he?s not sick (despite all evidence to the contrary) and the next he?s sprawled on the couch and whining for something to drink. With ice. Crushed ice. In a tall glass. Oh, but not too much ice. And not juice. Nothing alcoholic. (He was mistaken there, I had gotten out the booze for me since I could see where this was going) And he wanted a bendy straw.

So that's his secret vice?:eek: Bendy straws![face_mischief] I wonder how his enemies would have used that information had they known.[face_thinking] ;)

I can see where Chewie's coming from here:

Chewie, the coward, pretended that he had urgent business elsewhere. Anywhere. I?ll get him back. Even if it takes me decades.

What a sensible fellow he is!=D=:D He obviously felt that it was best the two of them faced a crisis (if a small one) alone, without having anyone else to help.

So Han is irritable about food, smashball results, his temperature, and other things?:D No wonder she's fed up!;) And yet, this is what she says:

As annoying and exasperating as he was, I just wanted to hug him close and tell him it would be all right. He looked more like a little boy than a hero of the New Republic, and to be honest he sounded more like one too.

Is it sad that I found him absolutely adorable in his crankiness? Or that his red nose and three days worth of scruffy beard made me want to wrap him up in a blanket and hold him?

Now he?s feeling better, thank all the gods.

As I already said, she's got it bad![face_love][face_laugh] Now, will she catch what he's been having?

I?ve got a tickle in my throat.

That can?t be good.

[face_thinking] Will we see how good a patient she is, and how good a nurse Han is?o_O

Well written, Vader!=D==D=

13. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    commence the sharing of every little disease that either one of you get. . . and critically looking at the other, wondering who had it worse and who was acting like the bigger baby ;)

Wonderful job, sorry I let this run so long w/o checking in... Maramijade has been bad. . . ;)

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    MsLanna He's not exactly a gentleman, but he's good when things are tough. I have faith in him!

Jade_eyes My husband isn't a big baby when he's sick, but my sons are. :rolleyes:

Alexis_Wingstar Yes, now it's her turn to be miserable. [face_laugh]

Golden_Jedi Even love can only take so much whining! :p

Blue_Milkshake My husband always acts shocked when I get sick, like how DARE I? :rolleyes:

dm1 Oh ye of little faith! [face_shame_on_you]

PonyTricks Yes, but Han has it bad. He just doesn't know how to deal with it yet. [face_mischief]

Kevin_Solo I have faith in Han Solo, though I seem to be alone in that. o_O

maramijade maramijade is forgiven. [:D]

[b]Entry #44[/b]

I?m fully recovered now. Surprisingly, Han was absolutely wonderful while I was sick. I know I must have looked awful with my nose all red and runny and my hair sticking up at odd angles.

Han told me that in some cultures a female with a red nose was highly valued as a mate and that made me laugh so hard that my ribs hurt. Then I cuddled up against him and he let me, even though I know the fever made my skin so hot it must have been uncomfortably warm for him. Han?s a very comfortable pillow, even though he?s so firm and? Okay, I?m feeling a [i]lot[/i] better obviously, if I?m entertaining rather naughty fantasies.

Back to the point of my story -

He made soup and fed it to me, and I confess that although I was more than capable of feeding myself, I pretended that I wasn?t so that he would pamper me a little bit more. I?m a glutton when it comes to pampering and he might as well get used to it.

My feet were rubbed, my pillow fluffed to within an inch of its life, soup and tea flowed like a river spilling over a dam. He fielded calls from my agent and the gallery owner, from friends and family (my mother called and seemed strangely accepting of talking to Han instead of me!).

He worked the kinks out of my shoulders, brushed my hair, and even helped me hobble to the ?fresher, though I drew the line at him actually [i]entering[/i] the ?fresher with me.

He even brought me water with a bendy straw.

If that isn?t love, I don?t know what is. And even if he never says it, I?ll settle for a bendy straw when I?m sick.

15. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    AWWWW!! [face_love] [face_love] - Han is truly in love if he gives her a bendy straw! [face_laugh]

16. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    If that isn?t love, I don?t know what is. And even if he never says it, I?ll settle for a bendy straw when I?m sick.

Amen. [face_blush] Especially from one Han Solo. :p

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Han is nothing but a big ole sweetie. :* :D

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I never thought of bendy straws as being romantic until now. @};-

Oh no... now I'm thinking something about bendy straws that would violate TOS!... 'nuf said. [face_whistling] [face_mischief]

Great update, btw. I can't wait to see what's next. :D

19. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Aw, now that was great of Han. I'd like on myself now. Can't remember to EVER have gotten a bendy straw when sick.:_|

Her mom. [face_laugh]
    She peobably know what it means, when a guy acts like this, too.:D

It's the little things...[face_love]

20. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    He talked with her mother and *gasp* her agent too?!

*sings More than Words*

21. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    swqueee ;)

it is nice being taken care of. . .. have to learn the fine art of letting ones self be taken care of ;)

22. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    This is as good as the last update!=D= =D=

It was great to hear this:

Surprisingly, Han was absolutely wonderful while I was sick.

Yes![face_dancing] Han even tried to cheer her up with this:

Han told me that in some cultures a female with a red nose was highly valued as a mate and that made me laugh so hard that my ribs hurt. Then I cuddled up against him and he let me, even though I know the fever made my skin so hot it must have been uncomfortably warm for him. Han¡¯s a very comfortable pillow, even though he¡¯s so firm and¡­ Okay, I¡¯m feeling a lot better obviously, if I¡¯m entertaining rather naughty fantasies.

[face_laugh] When I read about some cultures finding a red-nosed female 'highly valued' as a mate, I kept thinking of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer![face_laugh] 8-}

When her mother finds talking to Han acceptable, things are getting very serious:

He fielded calls from my agent and the gallery owner, from friends and family (my mother called and seemed strangely accepting of talking to Han instead of me!).

o_O

And the crucial part:

If that isn¡¯t love, I don¡¯t know what is. And even if he never says it, I¡¯ll settle for a bendy straw when I¡¯m sick.

You're quite right there, my dear.;) The bendy straw clinched it.:D

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    PonyTricks Who needs diamonds when there are bendy straws? :p

Golden_Jedi Yes, from Han that's a really big deal. :D

Jade_eyes Yes he is. [face_love]

Alexis_Wingstar I have NO idea what you're talking about! [face_mischief]

MsLanna There's still time for bendy straws in life. ;)

Blue_Milkshake I'd sing with you, but I'm a terrible singer! [face_laugh]

maramijade A little pampering is soothing to the soul.

Kevin_Solo That's the height of romance! :p

[b]Entry #45[/b]

Okay, so what happened the tender, nurturing man who took such good care of me while I was sick. Apparently, a man ? or at least Han Solo ? only has so much nurturing ability stored up inside of him and I used up what he had.

Such is life.

So now we?re settling into a new sort of routine. I spend a few nights at his place and then he spends a few nights at mine. Then he needs some space so I give it to him. I?ve discovered that he?s a lot more affectionate after he?s had a night away and I have to admit that I [i]love[/i] that.

There?s a big smashball game on tonight so I invited Han and Chewie over. I?ll make plenty of food (no matter what Han says to the contrary, he eats as much as the Wookiee) and I?ll sit back and watch them engage in their masculine bonding. This seems to include a lot of back-slapping, taunting, mocking, and name-calling. Luckily, I?m used to this from my brothers.

I?ve even been known to indulge in a few ?male bonding? activities myself, mostly just calling my brothers names and then running to my mother when they threatened to hit me. This innocent face of mine has gotten my brothers in more trouble than anything they?ve done on their own. Almost.

I?ve used my last few nights alone to get caught up. I had an idea for a painting and I?ve been dying to get to work on it. This isn?t anything that the gallery owner will see, or even my agent. I have a feeling this painting will never leave my place and that?s okay with me.

My mother called today and asked how things were ?progressing.? I told her that we were just taking things as they came, not in a particular hurry to do anything different. I thought she was going to give me a lecture on that, but she merely smiled that superior ?I?m your mother and I know you better than you know yourself? smile and changed the subject.

Mothers are so weird.

~~~~~

The game went well, if the insults I heard traded back and forth were any indication. I think Han?s team won, but it?s sort of hard to tell. By the end, both Chewie and Han had had a few drinks and they started to slur their words. Right now, they?re both crashed in my living room.

Who knew a Wookiee curled up when he slept? Chewbacca looks like a big, furry little boy. I want to tuck him in, but I?m not sure how he?d take that. So I just put a blanket over him. I?m not sure how cold he gets with all that fur.

I [i]did[/i] tuck Han in. Well, I put a pillow under his head since he was sprawled in the reclining chair. He calls it [i]his[/i] chair now. I kinda like that.

I got a comm call while I was watching the game. Since Han and Chewie were sort of busy, I went ahead and took it.

It seems Eryll is finally getting married. Adiri just found out she?s pregnant, and her six brothers had a little chat with Eryll, convincing him that it?s time to make it all legal.

I [i]almost[/i] feel sorry for him.

[i]Almost.[/i]

I imagine that Han will have a lot to say when I give him the news. None of it fit for polite company. Payback really [i]is[/i] hell, I guess. May the gods forgive me, but I find this all pretty funny.

I?m gonna pay for that. I just know I am.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun update. Love how comfy Han and Ynna are with each other... it's not all fireworks and blazing passion, though that's part of it... they give each other space and they don't put on their "party" faces with each other LOL Especially Han... [face_laugh] He's already won her so he doesn't have to "work" at it any more [face_laugh] Though he shouldn't take her for granted either ;)

25. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Mothers are so weird. - hehe. Ynna might be in a bit of denial here... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.