main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Room for Me - Dear Diary challenge response - updated 5/8 - Han Solo/OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    My mother called today and asked how things were ?progressing.? I told her that we were just taking things as they came, not in a particular hurry to do anything different. I thought she was going to give me a lecture on that, but she merely smiled that superior ?I?m your mother and I know you better than you know yourself? smile and changed the subject.

Mothers are so weird.

I smell a new crisis coming... Growing pains, probably :D .

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Yeah, most guys only nurture you if they think you are to delerious because of your illness to spread the rumor they have a 'gentle' side. [face_laugh]

So, is she gonna drag Han to her brother's wedding? :D

I loved this part:

Who knew a Wookiee curled up when he slept? Chewbacca looks like a big, furry little boy. I want to tuck him in, but I?m not sure how he?d take that. So I just put a blanket over him. I?m not sure how cold he gets with all that fur.

I did tuck Han in. Well, I put a pillow under his head since he was sprawled in the reclining chair. He calls it his chair now. I kinda like that.

I can just imagine that walking carpet curled in a ball. [face_laugh] When a guy claims a piece of your furniture as his, it's like he's claiming you as his... either that or he just really likes that peice of furniture. :p

3. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    A very nice update!=D=

The author realises that things can't be romantic all the time:

Okay, so what happened the tender, nurturing man who took such good care of me while I was sick. Apparently, a man ? or at least Han Solo ? only has so much nurturing ability stored up inside of him and I used up what he had.

Such is life.

Now you know, sister!:D They seem to be getting to another stage in their relationship:

So now we?re settling into a new sort of routine. I spend a few nights at his place and then he spends a few nights at mine. Then he needs some space so I give it to him. I?ve discovered that he?s a lot more affectionate after he?s had a night away and I have to admit that I love that.

Oh, this means things are serious![face_mischief] I loved this bit about inviting Han and Chewie over for a smashball game:

There?s a big smashball game on tonight so I invited Han and Chewie over. I?ll make plenty of food (no matter what Han says to the contrary, he eats as much as the Wookiee) and I?ll sit back and watch them engage in their masculine bonding. This seems to include a lot of back-slapping, taunting, mocking, and name-calling. Luckily, I?m used to this from my brothers.

Does this include lamenting about how money obsessed today's players have become, and asking why their wives and girlfriends are so stupid?o_O

As regards this painting:

I?ve used my last few nights alone to get caught up. I had an idea for a painting and I?ve been dying to get to work on it. This isn?t anything that the gallery owner will see, or even my agent. I have a feeling this painting will never leave my place and that?s okay with me.

What can it be, I wonder?o_O And I had to laugh at this:

My mother called today and asked how things were ?progressing.? I told her that we were just taking things as they came, not in a particular hurry to do anything different. I thought she was going to give me a lecture on that, but she merely smiled that superior ?I?m your mother and I know you better than you know yourself? smile and changed the subject.

Mothers are so weird.

[face_laugh] Come on!:D Your mother knows how serious things are getting between you and Han.[face_mischief] He and Chewie later get drunk and go to sleep, answering two interesting questions:

Who knew a Wookiee curled up when he slept? Chewbacca looks like a big, furry little boy. I want to tuck him in, but I?m not sure how he?d take that. So I just put a blanket over him. I?m not sure how cold he gets with all that fur.

I did tuck Han in. Well, I put a pillow under his head since he was sprawled in the reclining chair. He calls it his chair now. I kinda like that.

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Han claiming ownership of one of her pieces of furniture is an indication of how serious things are getting.[face_thinking]

And things end with some family news:

It seems Eryll is finally getting married. Adiri just found out she?s pregnant, and her six brothers had a little chat with Eryll, convincing him that it?s time to make it all legal.

I almost feel sorry for him.

Almost.

I'm looking forward to Han's opinion on this!=D=

4. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    ...he was sprawled in the reclining chair. He calls it his chair now. I kinda like that.

And your readership likes it too!
    [face_love]

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    OMG. Ynna does have it bad when she not only allows, but supports male bonding in her living room.:p
    I'd rather not. Not anymore.[face_worried]

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes I don't think she'll LET him take her for granted! :p

PonyTricks You think? ;)

Golden_Jedi Well at least now Ynna's family has someone new to worry over. [face_laugh]

Alexis_Wingstar It really could be either the girl OR the furniture. [face_mischief]

Kevin_Solo Han will have a LOT to say, I'm sure!

Blue_Milkshake Yeah, it's sort of fun to imagine! :D

MsLanna She's pretty much a goner. :p

[b]Entry #46[/b]

I was right.

Han was fit to die from laughing when I told him about my brother?s little ?situation.? He said something about liking Adiri?s brothers already, but it was hard to tell exactly what he said since he was almost choking at that point. I don?t imagine he?s going to let my brother forget this anytime soon.

Can?t say that I really blame him.

The wedding is in a week (apparently, her brothers aren?t taking any chances and won?t tolerate a delay ? they?re smarter than they look, Adiri says). So that means I?ve got to plan a trip home. I was about to make a comm call and arrange for transport when I noticed that Han was staring at me as if I?d just sprouted an extra head. Since I was pretty sure that [i]wasn?t[/i] the case, I asked him what was wrong.

?Why would you arrange a transport when you have [i]me[/i]?? May the gods bless the idiot, he actually sounded offended.

Men.

I didn?t quite know what to say to that, but if I had gathered my thoughts in time I might have listed a few reasons I thought a transport would be easier.

? He didn?t exactly volunteer to take me. He just sort of assumed I?d know his intentions. I hate to break this to him, but I?m not psychic.
    ? I never imagined that he would [i]voluntarily[/i] put himself within a hundred kilometers of my brothers ever again.
    ? And third, I sadly underestimated his need to gloat.

Give a man like Han Solo a chance to gloat, and he?d risk facing the Emperor himself to do so.

Is it sad that I find that kind of sexy?

My brothers really [i]di[/i] give him a hard time, and somehow I think he?d like to form some sort of alliance with Adiri?s brothers. That should be interesting. Of course, I might just let him and sit back and watch the fireworks. I think Adiri would enjoy the show too.

I might even be able to sell tickets. Now there?s a thought.

I wonder if I could talk him into some sort of mud-wrestling match? I bet that would be a winner with every female on our planet.

7. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Oooooo.... Han in a mud wrestling competition. [face_thinking] That would certainly be a sight to behold. Perhaps they will have an outside wedding, and it will rain? [face_laugh]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    It'd go over big with women on this one too LOL!!!!! Super update. It's like yeah you didn't offer so how was I supposed to know [face_laugh] There's a fourth reason--a man wary of committing is usually leery of weddings LOL Puts his lady in the mood for having her own don't ya think? :) ;)

9. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    ?Why would you arrange a transport when you have me??

That means he still haven't taken her for a weekend out somewhere? :eek:

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    *Ponders Han in swimming trunks and getting muddy* Keeps mouth shut on the comment my brain came up with, as it would violate TOS. [face_whistling]

11. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    :eek:
    So han will not only come along to a wedding with her, he'll even fly himself. Does he know what he's getting himself into?[face_thinking]

I also like Ynna's plans, please reserve two tickets for me.[face_batting]
    You could also substitute the mud with chocolate becuse - well, it has to come off again afterwards - somehow....[face_whistling]

12. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    :D this fic makes me smile. .. I might even buy some of those tickets

13. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I missed this update.

So, Han's going to take her to a wedding. I think he's getting serious, or he just likes riding around in the Falcon. Anyway, like the others say, isn't that a bit dangerous, won't Ynna get some ideas here?

One of her brothers got his girlfriend pregnant and now those brothers got on his case to marry her. Hmmm.... I don't know, but there could be trouble here!!!

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    PonyTricks So many ways to torture them... [face_whistling]

Jade_eyes I think Han's need to gloat is more pressing than his caution! :p

Golden_Jedi Well THAT would be tantamount to giving a ring with any other guy! [face_mischief]

Alexis_Wingstar It can't violate TOS if you don't post it. [face_whistling]

MsLanna I like the way you think. [face_devil]

maramijade Always happy to put a smile on someone's face! :D

dm1 Anytime you combine Han and Ynna's brothers, there is BOUND to be trouble!

[b]Entry #47[/b]

So the trip went well. To my surprise (and secret delight) Chewie volunteered to go as well. I?m not sure if ?volunteered? is the right word, though. I saw Han and Chewie engaged in a quiet argument. When a Wookiee shakes his head, it?s hard to misunderstand their intention. In the end, however, Han wore him down. I?m not surprised.

I guess Han wants Chewie there as back up or something.

As if he needs it.

I had already told my family that I wouldn?t need to be picked up at the space port. My mother was the [i]only[/i] one who didn?t seem surprised at the news. I hate it when she gets that smug ?I told you so? look on her face. She?s an expert at it. So many years of practice, I guess.

Han insisted they he would rent a small vehicle of some type, and besides, Wookiees don?t fit in just anything.

So Han rented a zippy little red thing with flames painted on the sides.

Why am I not surprised?

Chewie folded himself into the back seats, grumbling under his breath the whole time. I?m still no expert at his language, but I?m pretty sure I picked up ?Corellian idiot? and some sort of slur against Han?s masculinity.

When I got to the house it was sort of strange. There were two different groups ? and each of them was acting differently. On one side, there were the males of the family (with the exception of my father), and all of them were wearing the same morose expression. They were gathered around Eryll, patting him on the shoulder and whispering encouraging words as if he was going off to war or something. Or dying at least. My brothers looked especially mournful, while Eryll just mainly looked panicked and as if he wanted to vomit.

Then there were the ladies of the family. My mom looked slyly triumphant, as if she had planned this all along. Adiri seemed a little green, literally, though I think that might have been the pregnancy more than nerves. And my sisters-in-law seemed amused by the little drama unfolding. My father was just sitting in a corner and taking it all in.

Then I arrived, former turned hero and Wookiee in tow.

I know how to make an entrance. Han gave my mother a kiss on the cheek, which made her giggle and blush. My sisters-in-law got similar treatment and I?m sure my nieces would have demanded their due but they had been banished to a friend?s house for a few hours. Han shook my father?s hand and then approached my brothers.

I held my breath.

I know Han. I love him. Tact isn?t his strong suit.

He clapped Eryll on the back and grinned, and I knew we were in trouble.

Then he opened his mouth.

?And you talked about [i]me[/i] keeping it in my pants!?

As I said, tactful he isn?t.

15. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    [face_laugh]
    Han![face_laugh]
    This is too hilarious. I can't wait to see what happens!
    Darn, you took too many classes in the cliffhanger workshop, Vadey. :_| *shakes fist*:_|

[face_laugh] at Han renting a red thingy with flames on the sides. Why am I not surprised either?:p

that smug ?I told you so? look on her face. She?s an expert at it. So many years of practice, I guess.

[face_mischief]

Great update.=D=
    I'll heat up the chocolate for the next one.[face_devil]

16. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005

?And you talked about me keeping it my pants!?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

So THAT's what they talked about while she was changing for that date!

17. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    LOL! They've got to admit that Han has a valid point! [face_laugh]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL moment: Han's opening shot to Eryll [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That just took the entire cake!!! [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

19. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004

Well, well, well... he opened his mouth, that has to be trouble.

Somehow, I think he shouldn't have said that; I think that comment may come back to bite him in the pants....

[face_laugh]

Gotta love Han, though, he cuts right through the bologna and gets right to the point!

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Two LOL moments:

Chewie folded himself into the back seats, grumbling under his breath the whole time. I?m still no expert at his language, but I?m pretty sure I picked up ?Corellian idiot? and some sort of slur against Han?s masculinity.

and

I know Han. I love him. Tact isn?t his strong suit.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Can't wait to see what happens next!

21. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
  22. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Oh, how I've missed this fic! I've had so much going on that I haven't had the time to read anything around here.

Wonderful updates- I especially liked seeing how Han and Yanna take care of each other when the other is ill. Love is definitely in the air.

Although, hands down my favorite part though was:

As I said, tactful he isn?t.

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Han so deserves what happens next- I can't wait to see what it is.

23. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    I've a couple of postings to catch up with, I see.:)

Han's reaction to her brother's situation was in character:

Han was fit to die from laughing when I told him about my brother?s little ?situation.? He said something about liking Adiri?s brothers already, but it was hard to tell exactly what he said since he was almost choking at that point. I don?t imagine he?s going to let my brother forget this anytime soon.

Can?t say that I really blame him.

Well Han, it's easy to laugh at that situation when you're not in it yourself...o_O

Good for him to offer to transport her to the wedding:

?Why would you arrange a transport when you have me?? May the gods bless the idiot, he actually sounded offended.

Men.

I didn?t quite know what to say to that, but if I had gathered my thoughts in time I might have listed a few reasons I thought a transport would be easier.

? He didn?t exactly volunteer to take me. He just sort of assumed I?d know his intentions. I hate to break this to him, but I?m not psychic.
    ? I never imagined that he would voluntarily put himself within a hundred kilometers of my brothers ever again.
    ? And third, I sadly underestimated his need to gloat.

Give a man like Han Solo a chance to gloat, and he?d risk facing the Emperor himself to do so.

Is it sad that I find that kind of sexy?

She finally figures out the awsomeness that is Han Solo!:D In this universe people consider him sexy, even though he doesn't exist![face_mischief]

She's right here, though:

My brothers really did give him a hard time, and somehow I think he?d like to form some sort of alliance with Adiri?s brothers. That should be interesting. Of course, I might just let him and sit back and watch the fireworks. I think Adiri would enjoy the show too.

She should be careful with this plan, however:

I might even be able to sell tickets. Now there?s a thought.

I wonder if I could talk him into some sort of mud-wrestling match? I bet that would be a winner with every female on our planet.

I don't think she'd be pleased with the attention he'd get from all those groupies. [face_not_talking]

It's good to have Chewie around, even if he didn't come freely.;) I fully expected this reaction from her mother:

I had already told my family that I wouldn?t need to be picked up at the space port. My mother was the only one who didn?t seem surprised at the news. I hate it when she gets that smug ?I told you so? look on her face. She?s an expert at it. So many years of practice, I guess.

HA, HA![face_laugh] In terms of Han's choice of rental vehicle, give him time.[face_mischief]
    He'll grow out of it!8-}

I loved this description of the family groups at the wedding:

When I got to the house it was sort of strange. There were two different groups ? and each of them was acting differently. On one side, there were the males of the family (with the exception of my father), and all of them were wearing the same morose expression. They were gathered around Eryll, patting him on the shoulder and whispering encouraging words as if he was going off to war or something. Or dying at least. My brothers looked especially mournful, while Eryll just mainly looked panicked and as if he wanted to vomit.

Then there were the ladies of the family. My mom looked slyly triumphant, as if she had planned this all along. Adiri seemed a little green, literally, though I think that might have been the pregnancy more than nerves. And my sisters-in-law seemed amused by the little drama unfolding. My father was just sitting in a corner and taking it all in.

Very nice!=D= It reminded me of the groups at a friend's wedding I was at in April.:D

The ending was great, with Han being totally in character. First, he greets the women in the family:

I know how to make an entrance. Han gave my mother a kiss on the cheek, which made her giggle and blush. My

24. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Just a little nudge because I miss this story... :)

25. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Me, too!

By the way, shouldn't that infamous quote read "... keeping it in my pants?" Took me this long, but when I first read it, I was laughing so hard I missed it! Doggone, my proofreading skills have gone down the tubes![face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.