main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Room for Me - Dear Diary challenge response - updated 5/8 - Han Solo/OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    MsLanna It's a look ALL mothers perfect! :p

Golden_Jedi And Han just HAD to share! :D

PonyTricks I'm not sure the boys would like to be reminded of that.

Jade_eyes You can't expect him to pass up THAT opportunity! [face_mischief]

dm1 Yes, Mr. Solo will find himself in a situation very much like this in the future. But for now he can laugh.

Alexis_Wingstar Sorry it took so long to update. Life has been absolutely CRAZY lately!

maramijade [:D]

alhana_antilles Revenge is best served cold. [face_devil]

Kevin_Solo So glad you liked it!

Golden_Jedi I needed the nudge!

dm1 Yeah, I goofed. I'll just say that we were in the middle of moving and got a new granddaughter two days later. I was a little loopy. Okay, I'm STILL a little loopy! 8-}

Author's Note: So sorry for the long delay. Since July things have been absolutely nuts! Our granddaughter was born in July and then two weeks later we moved from Nashville to Florida. A month later my son joined the Army and it seems I spend all of my extra time writing letters to him or mailing off packages. I never knew that being a military MOM was so exhausting! [face_tired] Anyway, I'm hoping to find more writing time soon. And here is an update at last!

[b]Entry #48[/b]

A dreadful silence descended over the group for a long and horrible moment. Then Adiri, bless her heart, broke the awful moment with a laugh that quickly and unexpectedly turned into a long, loud belch.

That was enough to send me into a fit of the giggles and the next thing I knew the women in the family began to descend upon me. I could hear my mother muttering and cursing my brothers as she elbowed her way through their mass because they decided that it might be time to stop mourning their fallen comrade, for just a moment, and greet their little sister.

Adiri claimed me first, but mostly because I think everyone was afraid she?d throw up on them if they got too close. She held me tight and whispered in my ear, ?Sorry about that, the baby does all sorts of?interesting things to my digestive system.?

I hugged her tight. ?What?s a little burp between sisters??

She laughed and that seemed to be the signal for everyone to try and get their arms around me. For the moment anyway, Han and Chewie were forgotten, though how someone that adorable and someone that [i]big[/i] can be ignored, I don?t know.

Finally, Adiri stepped back and gave Han the once-over. She turned to me and gave a long, low whistle. ?I can see why your brothers are so upset,? she observed with a mischievous grin. ?He does sort of bring to mind all sorts of naughty, wicked things doesn?t he??

Han just grinned, damn him, thoroughly enjoying the rumble of growls that rose up from my brothers.

It was going to be a long and interesting visit.

2. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    So glad to see this story again, I've missed it.

And of course Han would be brave (or stupid) enough to smile at Adiri's comment.

3. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Adiri isn't helping the cause right now, is she? ;) Glad to see this story is back. :D

4. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    though how someone that adorable [...] can be ignored, I don?t know.

Awwww... She can't help it, right?

So good to see this story updated, Kim! :)

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh]
    [face_laugh]
    That was fun!!!

Huggles!!

6. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Squee, squee, squee, an update!!!

For the moment anyway, Han and Chewie were forgotten, though how someone that adorable and someone that big can be ignored, I don?t know.
    [face_laugh]Ha! I needed a good laugh. Thanks!

Finally, Adiri stepped back and gave Han the once-over. She turned to me and gave a long, low whistle. ?I can see why your brothers are so upset,? she observed with a mischievous grin. ?He does sort of bring to mind all sorts of naughty, wicked things doesn?t he??
    I like this family.[face_laugh] Adiri's gonna fit in quite nicely.

7. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005

though how someone that adorable and someone that big can be ignored, I don?t know.

Well, Han, I could ingore, but Chewie, he's too big. :p

Long visit? Does that mean we get to see more of Han putting his foot into it?:D

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006

[face_laugh] Oh my, poor Eryll is gonna have his hands full with this one. :p

9. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    So... are we going to get an update on this one?

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    BigFatty You know Han, he rushes in where angels fear to tread! :p

PonyTricks Ynna is so much fun to write, I feel like I know her. :D

Golden_Jedi Could YOU? [face_batting]

Jade_eyes Thanks!

Blue_Milkshake Won't she though?

MsLanna It won't take a long visit at all.

Alexis_Wingstar This is where the fun begins. Wait? Haven't I heard that somewhere before? [face_thinking]

dm1 Oddly enough, someone else had nudged me on this story a few days ago. Lo and behold, an update!

[b]Entry #49[/b]

Once my mother seemed satisfied that there wasn?t going to be any bloodshed, not [i]not yet[/i] at any rate, she herded us all toward the dining room. No one can herd a group of humans, especially [i]male[/i] humans like my mother. The fact that she had us all in place and settled into seats within five minutes is just more proof that she?s almost super-human.

It?s a little scary, watching her work sometimes. First, she starts off with a whisper in my father?s ear. Then he?ll stand, or move or whatever he needs to do, and my brothers eyes all go to him.

That?s what my mother has trained them to do. Well, she?s trained [i]me[/i] too, if I?m going for the whole honesty thing here.

Except this time, I found myself distracted.

Han Solo is pretty damned distracting if you want to know the truth. He was standing there talking to Eryll, one hand casually resting on his hip, the marks from blaster holster still obvious. He wasn?t [i]that[/i] far removed from his smuggling days, after all. And besides, with Han around there?s frequently damage. And violence. It seems to find him. It?s a knack, I guess. He?s very talented.

So I was sitting there watching my brothers watching Han and I started to get the giggles. I hate it when that happens to me, and it always happens at the most inopportune moments. Like when I?m surrounded by my family and trying to make sure war doesn?t break out between my brothers and my?gods help me?lover.

I happened to catch Chewie?s eye and he wriggled his eyebrows at me (or I guess they?re his eyebrows, how do you really tell in a Wookiee??) and I give a loud snort, which makes my water come out my nose.

Han looked at me and winked. It was just enough to push me over the edge.

I almost peed my pants laughing so hard.

I guess you had to be there.

11. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004

I guess we did... don't go mentioning peeing pants from laughing!

Glad you updated, and the vision of Chewie wriggling his eyebrows, that was just disturbing.

I have to agree, Han is very distracting.

Loved it, don't wait so long to update this again please!

12. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Yes, trouble and Han go hand in hand. But I think this family is tough enough to deal with that! :p

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ynna's got it bad [face_laugh] Like who could blame her? :D Worse is when it's soda that you're swallowing [face_laugh] Then besides the liquid, you got the fizz [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

14. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005

I happened to catch Chewie?s eye and he wriggled his eyebrows at me

Hilarious in a disturbing way. [face_laugh]
    Good to see this is not dead after all.:D

15. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Another great addition. Can't wait for it to continue.

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    hehe, Han's a nice distraction. [face_mischief]

17. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Yeah, Han's rather distracting, isn't he? [face_laugh] I love the way you're including Chewie in the equation!

18. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    I see I've neglected to comment on the last couple of entries. :)

We start with a (socially acceptable, as she's pregnant) belch, and that belcher's sister's fit of the giggles, which dealt with an embarrassing situation:

That was enough to send me into a fit of the giggles and the next thing I knew the women in the family began to descend upon me. I could hear my mother muttering and cursing my brothers as she elbowed her way through their mass because they decided that it might be time to stop mourning their fallen comrade, for just a moment, and greet their little sister.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

The author makes an interesting comment here:

For the moment anyway, Han and Chewie were forgotten, though how someone that adorable and someone that big can be ignored, I don?t know.

A little humility will do them both good.:D Despite what they think, the Galaxy doesn't revolve around them!o_O This moment is soon over, with Han being admired by Adiri:

?I can see why your brothers are so upset,? she observed with a mischievous grin. ?He does sort of bring to mind all sorts of naughty, wicked things doesn?t he??

Han just grinned, damn him, thoroughly enjoying the rumble of growls that rose up from my brothers.

It was going to be a long and interesting visit.

To quote Marge Simpson, 'Hmmmm!'[face_mischief] I loved this description by the author of her mother:

Once my mother seemed satisfied that there wasn?t going to be any bloodshed, not not yet at any rate, she herded us all toward the dining room. No one can herd a group of humans, especially male humans like my mother. The fact that she had us all in place and settled into seats within five minutes is just more proof that she?s almost super-human.

It?s a little scary, watching her work sometimes. First, she starts off with a whisper in my father?s ear. Then he?ll stand, or move or whatever he needs to do, and my brothers eyes all go to him.

That?s what my mother has trained them to do. Well, she?s trained me too, if I?m going for the whole honesty thing here.

A very capable lady, I see. o_O More loving descriptions by the author of her beloved:

Han Solo is pretty damned distracting if you want to know the truth. He was standing there talking to Eryll, one hand casually resting on his hip, the marks from blaster holster still obvious. He wasn?t that far removed from his smuggling days, after all. And besides, with Han around there?s frequently damage. And violence. It seems to find him. It?s a knack, I guess. He?s very talented.

I'm very sure he is...o_O[face_mischief] And she finally calls him her... lover.:eek:

I loved this bit at the end:

I happened to catch Chewie?s eye and he wriggled his eyebrows at me (or I guess they?re his eyebrows, how do you really tell in a Wookiee??) and I give a loud snort, which makes my water come out my nose.

Han looked at me and winked. It was just enough to push me over the edge.

She's probably right! Chewie wriggling his eyebrows must have been worth seeing. [face_laugh]

Well written, Vader!=D=

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    dm1 Thanks for reading!

PonyTricks Isn't that the truth? :p

Jade_eyes That wouldn't be good. [face_mischief]

MsLanna Now that life has settled down a bit I'm going back and getting a few things finished up! :p

alhana_antilles Thank you!

Alexis_Wingstar Yes he is! =P~

Golden_Jedi Gotta have Chewie!

Kevin_Solo That's what Moms do. They train everyone around them so skillfully that they don't know they're trained. [face_mischief]

[b]Entry #50[/b]

Chewie, to everyone?s surprise I suspect, was probably the best behaved guest. While Han seemed to delight in pushing my brothers? buttons, Chewie somehow communicated with my parents, bending his great, shaggy head as he listened intently. My mother would turn to me to ask me to interpret what Chewie had said, and I would translate as best I could. I?m still learning his language, but I do seem to have a knack for it. That?s come in handy, because anyone that wants to spend any amount of time with Han Solo had better like Wookiees. Luckily, Chewie and I get along just fine.

Soon enough, discussion turned toward the wedding. Adiri was picking at her food as we talked, and I suspect that those ?interesting things to her digestive system? were at fault. I was both pleased and surprised to see Eryll reach out absently and rub her shoulders. Everyone was so busy talking that no one noticed, but she closed her eyes and leaned into his touch.

Any misgivings I might have had about the timing of their marriage were gone in that moment. No matter that they had moved the date up because of the baby, they were truly in love. Their eyes met and she gave him a little smile that I had never seen on her face. Then Eryll?s hand slid down to her belly and he gave it a fond pat.

And I felt a terrible pang of jealousy.

I wanted that too. All of it. The whole deal. Love. Marriage. And baby. Suddenly, I realized that I wanted ? [i]needed[/i] ? what they had.

And there was no way I was going to get it.

So what would win out? My love for Han and the patience it gave me. Or this need, so sudden that it was confusing?

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh an update!!! And a sweet one!! Ynna's gotten bit by the wedding-and-baby bug LOL [face_thinking] She has some serious persuading to do ;) :)

21. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    I wanted that too. All of it. The whole deal. Love. Marriage. And baby. Suddenly, I realized that I wanted ? needed ? what they had.

Awwwwww... [:D] Just be patient! (or not? :p )

22. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Soon enough, discussion turned toward the wedding. Adiri was picking at her food as we talked, and I suspect that those ?interesting things to her digestive system? were at fault. I was both pleased and surprised to see Eryll reach out absently and rub her shoulders. Everyone was so busy talking that no one noticed, but she closed her eyes and leaned into his touch.

That was so sweet. It's those little things that tell in a relationship. [face_love] @};-

Poor Ynna. It's not easy when that longing for motherhood comes and you know your significant other isn't ready for that kind of relationship.

23. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Chewie, to everyone?s surprise I suspect, was probably the best behaved guest.

Go Chewie![face_laugh]

Uh-oh. Better be careful, girl, or you might end up getting neither.

Or both, you just have to convince Han.
    Shouldn't be difficult at all. Just tell you want it all and now! ;)

24. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Of course she wants it 'all'. Can't blame the lady one bit, considering Han would be one half of 'all'. (at least until baby makes three) :D

25. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    Let's see what I liked in this part.:) The bit about Chewie was my favourite:

Chewie, to everyone?s surprise I suspect, was probably the best behaved guest. While Han seemed to delight in pushing my brothers? buttons, Chewie somehow communicated with my parents, bending his great, shaggy head as he listened intently. My mother would turn to me to ask me to interpret what Chewie had said, and I would translate as best I could. I?m still learning his language, but I do seem to have a knack for it. That?s come in handy, because anyone that wants to spend any amount of time with Han Solo had better like Wookiees. Luckily, Chewie and I get along just fine.

I'd always thought Chewie was well-behaved in social settings.o_O Good to know that the author can understand some of his language; because she'd need to do so if she wants any future with Han.=D=

I also liked the interaction between Adiri and Eryll:

Any misgivings I might have had about the timing of their marriage were gone in that moment. No matter that they had moved the date up because of the baby, they were truly in love. Their eyes met and she gave him a little smile that I had never seen on her face. Then Eryll?s hand slid down to her belly and he gave it a fond pat.

It reminded me of a situation I saw in my own family.:D But it really hit home with our author:

I wanted that too. All of it. The whole deal. Love. Marriage. And baby. Suddenly, I realized that I wanted ? needed ? what they had.

So what would win out? My love for Han and the patience it gave me. Or this need, so sudden that it was confusing?

That's the big question.[face_thinking][face_thinking] Does Han feel the same way about her?:confused::confused:[face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.