main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Room number 9 for the new PT challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Room number 9
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: JQ
    Characters: Obi-Wan, POV.
    Genre: vignette
    Disclaimer: G.L. is Star Wars
    Summary: Obi-Wan muses after his first mission with Anakin.

Room number 9

Coming back from my first official mission with my Padawan Anakin and where am I staying?
    In the healers? ward in the Jeditemple and to be precise room number 9.

We had been sent by master Yoda on our mission to investigate the BioCruiser and its cult leader Uni. It brought me into contact with my old friend Garen Muln because he was the pilot who ferried us to the planet Hilo where the BioCruiser was in orbit.

Uni was Kad Chun. Yes, the brother of Bruck Chun, the boy I couldn?t save when he fell from that waterfall in the room of a thousand fountains. We could save the ship and Kad forgave me and I could come to terms with Bruck?s death.

Droids, I had to fight droids on the Bio-Cruiser and one of them hit me in the left arm. A tech worker had given me first aid but I ? thinking it was?t bad ? had given it no more care until we returned to the Jeditemple.

Taking a hot shower before going to meditate started it. I had to remove the bandage the Pho Ph?eahian had so carefully wrapped around my biceps with two of his four hands. It was stuck, clinging to the infected wound like a Calowaarian limpet and had me utter some Huttese curses. Those I had learned from Anakin of course.

Anakin ? tinkering with a new piece of droid he had scavenged from the droids I destroyed ? heard my cursing and came running towards the fresher.
    I told him it wasn?t bad ? the wound I mean ? but I hadn?t counted on Master Aaqu Maerhin sensing my distress.

At the same moment Anakin entered the fresher our front-door was opened by master Maerhin and he ordered me to get in the hoverchair he was guiding along.
    Knowing that a healer could override any order I just complied and sank down in it with a half unwound bandage trailing down from my arm and clad only in my boxers.

Anakin draped a towel over my body and there we went, he taking the controls and being careful this time. Give my Padawan something mechanical and he tries to improve it, usually with good results but sometimes ending in disasters. Master Nu can tell you more about that.

The healer guided me to the healers? ward and Anakin was assuring me that I could be back after the treatment.
    Anakin left the healers? ward to return to our apartment after I told him that he could enjoy a free evening and that he didn?t have to wait for me for a meditating session. I was quite sure that I would be back in one hour.

Did I?

No, after being helped on the treatment table in master Maerhin?s room I heard the omnious whirring of a scanning device and that was the start of my stay in room number 9.
    Master Maerhin told me that a tiny piece of droid was left in the wound and that he had to remove it.

And that got me into one of the O.T.?s, seeing my old time favorite healer Enga Mariss with her cold hands and jokes and her preparing me for the simple procedure.
    I was ordered by her to start counting when the mask descended and that was it.

A nice dream was interrupted by her ?wake up Obi-Wan? and when I said with a hoarse voice ? lousy tube ? that I did count to 25 she smiled and told me I ended up at my usual number 23.
    A mouthful of Aaqu Maerhin?s famous potion relieved the painful feeling in my throat and they helped me in a bed.
    With both arms incapacitated I was glad they did help me.

Both arms?
    Yes, the left one was bandaged and secured with a sling to my chest and the right one had one of those pesky needles of an IV sticking in a vein on my hand.
    I asked Enga if she could remove that thingy and she told me that it would leave my uncomfortable presence tomorrow.

Great!
    Wake-up calls from an empty IV-bag.
    I didn?t however and that was because Bant Eerin slipped a sleeping medicine in the IV-line.
    And that was after she assured me that she would care for Anakin.
    Sleeping was nice but breakfast not.

2. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    I'm trying very hard not to crack up... LOL!

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

I laugh so hard that I cry in between. Poor Obi! Always a case for the healers ward in your stories!

4. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    Every time I dont get a three digit percentage on my tests, I read this and I'm all happy again.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.