main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roomates needed in Anaheim

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by JawaJaka, Mar 10, 2015.

1. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    37 days until CA (not CVII) and everyone should have their plans firmed up by now. I know that Mel has been working very hard on the room situation and probably needs members to take over some of the rooms if all of that hasn't been taken care of by now (hotels are starting to cancel some of the multiple rooms or will very soon). I'm not here to take away the hard work of Mel, but a situation has occurred in my room.

I reserved one room at the Hilton the morning they went on sale. I had four in the room, then one cancelled out this past summer due to another family obligation. It took awhile but I eventually ended up with another fourth. When I started asking for a deposit of $200 to guarantee he'll be there that's when trouble in paradise started. Late last week (Friday?) I got an email from him stating he's selling his CA ticket and not going. Other than rant about the reasons and the way he planned a trip without any money (folks, if you don't have money up front for a trip don't plan it!), I'm now in a desperate situation.

If you did not get into one of the RMFF blocked rooms (and who wouldn't? it should be fun) and still need a place to stay please pm me asap. I'd rather have someone I know than a stranger (even though we can all be strange at times). I have the room Wednesday to Wednesday. The share for the week is $409 with a $200 deposit (hopefully this week). Credit cards will be charged starting next week, and I need to pay mine off before the trip so I can have something on it for gas. Room total is about $1635 with tax. I have one roomate confirmed and paid, one confirmed but needs to pay her deposit, and I put my share (along with all the other monies collected) into my savings account so I won't spend it. Now I'm desperately looking for a fourth again. This late in the game it won't be easy but if anyone knows of somebody (anybody) that needs a room for a week during the event please let me know asap.

Thank you, and I'll see everyone there! (I'm already packing!)

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
  3. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Thanks. I might have someone lined up from the 501st (from Utah). If he backs out I'll definitely use this form. I saw a lot of "non-partier" requests. Hey, I go to cons to party! LOL

4. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Well, that 501st member from Utah just backed out. I thought he might since he was a bit wishy washy. I'm still looking for a fourth. I did fill out the form but I don't think anyone is looking at it.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    There are quite a few more entries in there compared to the last time I checked. You might go down the list and email some people. I found one person that way.

6. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Well, I turned down the 18 yr old male looking for a good time with girls (don't ask). And six people have said "YES" only to back out the next day when I asked for deposits. I just cancelled Monday and Tuesday nights, so if I stay a night or two afterwards I might be looking for a really cheap hotel (I like La Quinta).