main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RoP filming

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Ok we will be meeting on the 23rd of Feb. I couldnt get ahold of Scott but even if we cant meet at his place we will meet and do our thang. We should meet earily... No latter than 10am , and go all day. So Will... request it off. :D

On a second note... Anyuone know when their Spring Breaks are? We are going to film then....I hope.

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Spring Break for me is the last week in March, but my parents wanted to go on a short vacation.

3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Already on it, Bret!

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    First week of March, but I have to sit duty March 4th, and most likely March 6th too.

5. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Well that wont work will it? Ok maybe we shoot a couple of time in March. We'll work it out.

6. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I would like to warn the cast that this duel is going to be physically demanding, so I suggest that anyone who will be participating in this duel to begin a workout and stretching progam.

Here's what I will personally be doing, and what I would suggest to those who do not already have a workout program.

Begin with 5-10 minutes of stretching. Include the tricepts, the pecs, the abs, as well as the "touch your toes" stretch, the "attempt at doing the splits" stretch, and the butterfly stretch. I expect that by time we film this duel, you will all be able to touch your toes without bending your knees. Don't disappoint me.

10 push-ups
    10 jumping jacks
    10 leaping squats

9 push-ups
    9 jumping jacks
    9 leaping squats...

and so on until you reach zero. The workout is pretty strenuous, so if you need to rest for a few minutes between sets, feel free to do so.

Afterwards, make sure you cool down with stretching of the same muscle groups for 3-5 minutes, or you will be very sore the next day.

Please do this workout 3 times per week.

If you follow this workout plan and still can't do the moves, I will say on the audio commentary that it is my fault you can't do the moves. If you don't follow the workout plan and can't do the moves, then it's your fault.

7. DarthZome

Aug 17, 2000
    I would also suggest that we plan two days just for the choreography. Even if we forget the moves, we'll look more like we're accustomed to wielding these lightsabers, and we'll learn each other's timing, as well.

8. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    The workout is a good idea. I'll be doing it and I'm not fighting. As for 2 pratice sessions....I dont know if we will have time. But we can try. Maybe we meet again in March just to go over it again and then late March we shoot? Drew and I need to sit down and go over what stuff we want to shoot first. Maybe the easier stuff to kind of get in the swing of things. Pun intended.

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Last semester my classes weren't exactly arranged so I could workout... This semester is much better, and I'm more determined. I already thought of doing "Jedi training" (my friends have been laughing at me when I tell them that's what I'm doing) since before Thanksgiving. Although I'd like to work out 3 times a week, I've currently been doing 2 times a week, the following:

1. short stretch

2. Main lift of bench press, 3 sets of 8 reps

3. about 4 or 5 of the following: (3 sets of 8)
    close-grip bench
    standing military press
    rear delt rows
    "bird flaps"
    tricep curls
    bicep curls
    incline bench
    lat cable pulls
    (for both the main lift and these supplementary lifts, make sure you are giving yourself 2-4 mins in between sets for an effective lift, no more, no less)

4. sit-ups, 3 sets of 25

5. What I like to call "Skywalking" ;) (aerobic running on one of those eliptical gliding machines) or running on the treadmill for 45 minutes straight

6. finishing stretch- this is important- when you work out, you tear your muscles, making them bigger... the bigger you get, the less flexible you are... and we all need to be flexible for the choreography

In addition, I have cut down my meat intake drastically (I consider myself liberal vegetarian... I really try not to eat meat unless it's my only other option to starving) You don't have to do this, I'm just saying what I'm doing.

Everybody, make sure you are getting enough protein intake. Eat a good amount of things like peanut butter, tuna fish, meat (if you are a carnivore), things like that.

While I don't have any credentials in exercise, I am a biology major, and I played football for 8 years, powerlifted 1 year, and did regular football lifting my other 3 years in high school, so if you have any questions on exercising/nutrition, I'd be willing to offer what I know. My powerlifting coach was one of Ohio's best powerlifters... he could squat 700 lbs... and he got his master's in Exercise... he taught me a lot, so I'd like to think I know quite a bit about this stuff. The only area I don't feel too strong about are supplements... never tried them. Anything else, give me a holla.

10. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    *faints*

*Need to remember what the wrestlers did... watched them for so long, I should be able to remember...*

Will someone please tell me what is a leaping squat? I think I know, but I just want to make sure.

I'm free every Friday, so if we could shoot on March 7th or something, I could do that.

So will we be doing anything the last week in March? I should tell my parents soon if I can go if they are still planning on going somewhere.

11. DarthZome

Aug 17, 2000
    A leaping squat is when you squat down (bending your knees), then jump vertically.

12. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    How soon do you need to know Cindy?

13. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    What I thought Drew.

Hummmm new info to me...

I guess when I said that I was off, they thought that I could go, that is what my dad thought. My mom said if nothing came up. I asked my mom, and she thought that we were going no matter what. I still have to talk to my dad yet about this.

As long as we don't do anything the last week in March (nor the Friday before that, the 21st, since they will probably want to leave then since I have off), it's okay.

Hey, to top it off, I have no idea where we are going....

Bret, did you need my mom too?

Did anyone leave their black coat over here the last time we filmed?

14. DarthZome

Aug 17, 2000
    If you mean a navy blue Land's End jacket, then yes.

15. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Not for the filming in March Cindy no. Later if she is willing to do it.

Also I talked to Scott. We WILL be doing everything at Scotts house. I'll send out directions when we get closer.

Also how does the 2nd of March sound for filming. We need to lock the filming date down so Will can make sure to request it off. Scott too. The 2nd is the Sunday AFTER we practice so it should still be kind of fresh. We will just film on Sunday as some ppl still have school that week. How does that sound?

16. PadawanPadme

PadawanPadme Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Anrev, I was wondering if I wanted to make a costume, would you aprove of the Padawan in Palpatine's office at the begining of AOTC her name is Barriss Offee (including make-up) or the Jedi council member, Depa Billaba. If I had my choice it would be Barriss Offee.

Just in case you are wondering which is which, here are their pictures:
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/barrissoffee/img/curve.jpg]
    Barriss Offee

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/depabillaba/img/curve.jpg]
    Depa Billaba

*JJJ saying this* Bret, it's not going to be exactly Barriss Offee, it will just be another one of her species. (Just for continuity's sake. ;))

17. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    WOW hey that'd be cool! Go with Barriss Offee.

18. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    The 2nd of March sounds good to me.

19. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Anybody else? 2nd of March? Will?

20. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Drew... your signature... just crazy... perv. 8-}

21. DarthZome

Aug 17, 2000
    Here's a little greeting card I made from our last filming

[image=http://idisk.mac.com/anrev/Public/ROP%20Card.jpg]

22. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    March 2 is cool Bret. Sorry for the late reply...but my computer has gone off the deep end again...I'm lucky to be replying right now. Going to end up buying a new PC asap...as soon as that happens I'll be actively online again. But yea, the 2nd is cool, I can definately request that off.

23. PadawanPadme

PadawanPadme Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm sorry but I can not make it March 2 we have a bridal shower we have to go to. I told JarJar she does not have to go to the shower. But I have to. Sorry.

24. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Thats ok Mom. OK ppl we do March 2nd. Nice pic Drew! Drew and I discussed this pic the other nite when I was at his place. Turned out nice!

25. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Sounds like things are starting to pick up again. Please keep me informed on specific dates, so we don't plan anything (meetings/events) that would come in conflict; plus, I'd like to help...if my (eventual) work schedule allows for it?

Emily and I were talking, would you mind if I come out and shoot some of the ROP cast (in costume) for ideas we've been kickin' around regarding the website?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.