RoP update

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Oct 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well this weekend is the big weekend. This coming Sat and Sun we start filming Rite of Passage. I have a TON of things to do to get ready. But I should make it. We are going to be filming at North Chagrin Res on Sat and maybe again on Sun. But that depends on if I find some better locations to shoot. I still have to put the finishing touches on the costumes and finish the props. Scout locations. Finish the shoot schedual. And a few other things too. :D

On Sat or Sun, if ANYONE would like to come along and help out or even just watch, we will be at Squires Castle and start shooting around 10am. Look for the guys swinging sticks at each other. :D If you need Dir. PM me.
  2. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Updated the website. I'll put pics of all the props tomorrow.

Visit the site by clicking on the link in my Sig.

|
    V
  3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Ooooooh, site update. Me gonna go checkie now. Less than 2 days 'till filming, w00t!
  4. JediCandii Jedi Master

star 4
    We (me, Megan, and Rachael) really had fun today. After they got over the fact that it was cold like no other in that castle, they had a good time. They've even gotten it into their head that we need to make our own fan film. I've also convinced Megan that she needs to join to. Look how good I am for this group 8-}.
  5. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    All I have to say is wow. This weekend was SOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!! Now I know how Jon feels every day! It was a great time working on the film. While we probably only have a quarter of the principal photography done (if that), I am thoroughly impressed by what we have. Everybody is really bringing Bret's characters to life, and are doing a phenomenal job. Despite the setbacks of totally getting my ### beat yesterday doing my own stunts, I have had such a great time making this movie. I really hope the audience enjoys it. From what preliminary effects I've seen so far, if the special effects aspect of the film looks good, then I'm sure that everyone will be pleased with the film, because I already know that the other elements comprising the movie are quality. GREAT JOB EVERYBODY ON THE ROP CAST AND CREW!!!

P.S. It was cool meeting Candii's friends too. We almost had to recast Ja-Zig as Drew almost died...
  6. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    more girls, cool..

not for Random's reasons...

but it means we can probably find and even more diverse group of fans here in our lovely little metropolis. more girls see that we have more girls means we may get more girls...

-b-

EDIT: did that make any sense? re-reading it, i don't think it did... (family board) it....
  7. JediCandii Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that I understood it. Do you mean that if girl SW fans see that there are girls in our group then they'd be more apt to join?
  8. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    I sure had a lot of fun being able to participate in this movie thus far. Being able to portray a villain character has been something I've wanted to do for a long time, and living it out is just the coolest thing for me right now. We had a good time filming this past weekend and all of us put in 110% getting it done right and making it look good. Glad to see Candii and her friends made it too, we had a nice audience and that was cool. All in all we got a lot done and made some good progess, I'm quite pleased with the way things turned out and I can't wait to work on it some more!
  9. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was wondering how everything went this weekend. Glad to hear everyone had a good time - that's the most important part!
  10. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I read some where that it dosnt matter how good your story is if you dont have good actors.

I am blessed. I'm pretty sure I have a good story and I KNOW I have good actors. No change that. I have GREAT actors! These guys really gave it their all and "sold it". And Cindy was great too and she wasnt on camera once! She came both days just to help out and be part of the crew!
    Except for 1 speech and a couple of pick-up shots, Act II is finished. I just finished editing together (first edit) everything we shot this weekend. Its 4:30 am right now. But I must say most of the photoage has meet or exceeded my expectations!
    We would of got more shot but both days we had to stop for an hour and drive home to charge the batteries on my camera. (Fun with radios!) Plus right after Candi and her friends got there, So did the rest of Cleveland! I dont know how many shots (perfect shots!) we had to re-do because of ppl walking through the background. :( Then there is the often broken saber of Eric's. He broke 4 or 5. Then there was Drew's mustash falling off every other shot. Of course then there was the hike from the cars to the location through the thorn bushes. And ppl getting hit in the face with sticks. And Will's cloak getting in the way all the time...

But that was one of the MOST gratifing thing I've ever done! I cant stop watching the first cut of the film and Think "WOW this is going to work!"

THANK YOU GUYS!
  11. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, I was on camera, but just in the shots where we were filming and didn't know it. ;)

I had a fun weekend, one of the best that I've had in a long time. :) I love hanging out with you guys, and it got me out of the house for a weekend!

Hey, Bret, I'll see what I can do with the pictures tonight... my sister brought home her new dog to our house (we have to watch him until they move into their house), and I couldn't do anything but put them on the computer when I got home.

I can't wait until we film again! :)
  12. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I woke up, and walking to class today I felt pain in every single muscle in my body... Not to mention I studying for my Poli Sci test 11:00 PM - 3:00 AM before waking at 8:40 AM this morning. *sigh* But the film's gonna look good, so it's ok...
  13. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    Battery problems. Dowel rods breaking. People getting hurt. Your entire body aching the next day.

"Civilians" asking stupid questions like, "Are you guys filming a movie?" No. We're plumbers. We just dress like this for no reason.

*sings* Meeeemories....
  14. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    And thats just the memories from Conspiracy... :D
  15. DarthZome Jedi Master

star 4
    With the way Eric's friend kept showing his hairy crack during the game, someone might mistake him for a plumber.
  16. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
  17. JediCandii Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't forget the cold!
  18. DarthZome Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, Bret. Could you post a picture of me getting choked?
  19. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I suspose I could.
    [image=http://www.ziganrevstudios.com/RoP/Choke.jpg]

But no more requests please. :) From now on everything will be posted on the site and ppl will have to go there to see it. I will let everyone know when I put up something new.
  20. DarthZome Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks. I wanted to see how that turned out.
  21. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    With the way Eric's friend kept showing his hairy crack during the game, someone might mistake him for a plumber. :eek:
    I really try to not be judgmental about people; but Eric...your friend needs to "pull 'em up" Even the soccer guys next to us were getting annoyed at his wiseCRACKS :D

How did DAY 2 of production go? Sounds like everyone was really sore after working so hard. Could you imagine what Ewan/Hayden and the gang go through after WEEKS of shooting.
  22. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Shooting Day 2 went well. However, we weren't as productive as Day 1 because it took a while for Drew to get his make up ready. Plus we might have to do pick up shots for some of the footage because although my Jedi boots in the film fit me, they are a little snug in my toe area, and my toes turned blue after the first day of shooting, so I asked Bret if I could film wearing tennis shoes. He said he'd film at an angle so that you couldn't see my feet, but they ended up in quite a few of the shots we did on Day 2, so we'll probably have to redo those shots w/ pick ups. Yeah I was sore, and I'm sure Hayden and Ewan had it rough, but I don't think it would have been as much of a problem once I got conditioned a few days into filming, plus if I were in Hollywood, I wouldn't have additional homework to do on top of filming, which was more of a concern after filming than the soreness. So, had I not had to do work and just keep filming, I could've sucked it up and been fine.

As for my friends don't tell me I didn't warn you. And don't CRACK on ME for HIS behavior. Even so, our (this particular circle of friends') motto is ###holes by birth, anarchists by choice...
  23. jangoboy71 Jedi Master

star 4
    don't you mean [family board]holes
  24. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Let's just say RoP is going to be DA BOMB YO when it's finally done...

SNOOGANS!
  25. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Sounds like you guys accomplished alot in just 2 days. Can't wait to see the final product. And while you might not have homework, I'd imagine Ewan, Hayden, even Natalie do quite a bit of study for their parts (besides the action sequences).

I know you warned us about your friends...and that's part of the reason I didn't make an issue of anything. Besides, Amy/Cindy/Emily said it all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.