main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Rosario + Vampire: School Daze

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Yukari_Nahashi, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yukari_Nahashi

Yukari_Nahashi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2008
    Rosario + Vampire: School Daze

Konnichiwa! Thank you for taking a look at my very first roleplaying attempt. I will do my best to run a fun and interesting game for everyone and try to be as active as possible for the sake of myself, the players, and the game.

The game is centered around the anime: Rosario + Vampire. I urge those of you who may have never watched it to watch it (it is very good) and you can find it on YouTube or download a torrent somewhere. Either way, it will help to explain some of the events that have transpired since the beginning of the game. Oh that's right the game!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

The story so far...

It has been four years since Tsukune, Moka, and the others had entered Youkai Academy and now a new class of students makes their way into the school as Tsukune's class graduates. Youkai Academy however, is not a school for humans but for monsters. The purpose for such an Academy is to create a peaceful co-existence with humans, despite the poor way many monster races are treated. As a result, Youkai Academy has made it a rule that students and faculty are to remain in their ?human? forms and to never reveal their true powers to others.

The new class of students (to which many of you will belong if you play ~_^) are apprehensive towards their first time at an all-monster school, but it's okay because it means making new friends and having new experiences! The some upperclassmen (which many may also belong to!) treat the underclassmen poorly while others strive to make it a more comfortable place for the new students. To date, only one human was said to attend Youkai Academy: his name was Tsukune Aono.

The class bell has rung! Hurry or you will be late!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Some rules I would like to state so the game runs smoothly for everyone.

#1 - Don't spam please? That means if there is an off topic discussion, you can do it by email or message someone privately. It helps keep the forum clean and sparkly!

#2 ? Fights are bound to happen (they happen in the anime a lot!) and if they happen that's okay. However you may have the right powers for one situation and not another. So do not try and put yourself in a situation where all you can do is win. We lose sometimes, and its just fine! It gives you some character depth! ~_^

#3 ? You are a monster! Rawr! Accordingly you will have a ?monster? form to go along with your student ?human? form. Nobody will know what you are unless you tell them (in-character I mean! We'll all know out of character!) and the same goes for your powers and abilities. I found a nice list on wikipedia with a bunch of mythological creatures that I deem perfectly acceptable to play! But just remember you can alter them in whichever way you want (removing powers and stuff) but don't alter them as much to change the whole monster into something else! You cheaters you...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_species_in_folklore_and_mythology_by_type

#4 ? You are a student! Blarg! Yes, you're an average high school student, and by average I mean a monster! Rawr! Your character will attend classes, but there will be no teaching really involved (unless the storyline demands that there be teaching, then you will learn!). Students can be enemies or allies, protagonists or antagonists, plot devices or easily thrown away. Now as far as attending classes, you can be a naughty delinquent who skips class, but remember if you do you may miss out on something important (or not). On that note, drumroll for rule #5!

#5 ? I can haz teacherz plz? Students are dandy and welcome, but who will teach classes? If you want to play a teacher you must ask me first! I will be removing the old faculty (poor Nekonome-sensei T_T) and replacing them for game simplicity! Math, History, English, Reading and Science is all that we'll need in terms of faculty members. I can make up other NPCs for other classes but those four are important!

#6 ? I don't know how the system goes here but I'd like to review the

2. Yukari_Nahashi

Jun 7, 2008
    Here is my character so everyone knows how to fill it out for my game.

Name: Natsuki Mori
    Student or Teacher: Student
    Monster Race: Cu Sith
    Appearance (human): Natsuki has dark green hair (her natural color) worn short but has a long braid that she slings over the front of her shoulder. She is short and thin and has two different colored eyes: one amber the other a dark hazel. She wears the girls Youkai Academy uniform.
    Appearance (monster): She does not have a full youkai form, so her form is hybrid at best. She grows two dog-like ears as well as a tail. She grows claws from her hands and feet too. These changes usually don't affect her clothes much but her muscles become slightly more defined in monster form.
    Personality: Natsuki is kind and caring and goes out of her way to make friends and meet people. She has a good sense of justice and is considered to have a good sense of character too. Natsuki will defend her friends just like a guard dog would and sometimes ends her sentences with ?wan? which is relevant to a dog barking.
    Abilities (monster): Natsuki can move very silently and has a heightened sense of smell. She becomes stronger but not by much. She becomes quicker too. Her barking can also stun enemies who have sensitive ears because of its pitch.
    Experiences with humans (if any): During her time in Scotland, she was accused of stealing a farmers daughter when they were just playing in the fields. This forced her and her family to move.
    Biography: Natsuki lived in Scotland for 5 years until they were driven out by the locals after she was accused of stealing the farmers daughter. In reality the two were just playing really late at night and as they went to harm Natsuki her father intervened and showed his youkai form. Frightened, the villagers left them alone but they moved for the safety of Natsuki.

She was homeschooled until highschool where she now attends Youkai Academy as a member of the Freshman class. She hopes to make new friends and does not let her personal experiences with humans drive her away from making many new monster friends.

3. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Ok, welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay.

1) Firstly, be warned that this board hasn't exactly had an amazing track record with anime-based games, having left the charred corpses of One Piece, DBZ, Naruto, Pokemon, Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop games somewhere in the archives. The problem is, these series are actually sort of popular in the US (some of them are even good). You're angling for a series with significantly less exposure. On this board, the number of people who are even familiar with the series can probably be counted on one hand with fingers left over. This means you can't sell it based on popularity, but based on the amount of effort you put in to making the game your own. The premise (mythological creatures at a high school designed to teach them how to act in the human world) is probably something that you can extend beyond the non-existent fanbase of this board, but it'll take work.

2) Speaking of making a sales pitch, the series has been licensed, which means telling people to torrent the thing comes close to advocating piracy. Which is why we're not discussing such things, right?

3) I hope you have some sort of overplot planned, because odds are, you're not going to get much more in terms of character motivation than an initial flash from any people you manage to pull from the aforementioned non-existent fanbase. When left to their own devices, many characters around here tend to idle extraordinarily quickly. Doubly quickly if there isn't any sort of threat to the world in progress, such as in a school setting.

4. Yukari_Nahashi

Jun 7, 2008

I thank you for bringing up these issues, and I hope to address them to the best of my ability as a fledgling player:

1)I am willing to work hard on this game and devote significant amounts of time into making it successful. I wasn't aware of the bad record anime games have had, but I would like to say now that if that is the case, potential players don't need to be completely familiar with the anime in order to play. Pick a monster and make it into a student, I'll fill in any details later during and before gameplay =^-^= I understand that Rosario + Vampire has not been completely exposed in the United States, and I will say that most people are not fond of fan-subs, but I reiterate that I will do my best! It's all I can do right?

2)Sumimasen de****a! (I'm sorry!) I didn't mean to condone piracy really I didn't! I just thought it would be a good way for people to familiarize themselves with the series... could they watch it on YouTube instead, maybe?

3)I do have an overplot planned, and in the Rosario + Vampire story (cover your ears for spoilers!) there is a lot of fighting. A lot of times during the series, a number of females show interest in Tsukune and after each one was defeated by the ?Other Moka? (other Moka is released when the rosary on her chest is removed) they became friends with him. What I am going for and here is the backstory portion of the game which I hoped to reveal during play, but here goes!

A splinter cell of the Public Safety Commission, a former threat that had been abolished by the actions of Tsukune and the Newspaper Club resurfaces among the student body of Youkai Academy. This cell operates in behind the scenes, acting as the former Commission had, by making sure the other school clubs remained in line and didn't cause any trouble or become too popular. Disappearances have happened among the students, and the seed of doubt is spread when one of the more prominent clubs is charged with the offense.

I hope that helps. There is way more to what I have listed above, but I don't want to give away too much. That would take the fun out of what I have planned. =^-^=

5. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Lets not clutter the top of this RPG with too much OOCs please. Any character sheets out there? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.