main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA rose parade

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jangosmom, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Hey Jedifan77. How'd you get my real name? :confused:

Oh, yheah...I told you. [face_blush] OOPS!

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Sweet! Cha Ching, Purchased!

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Oh no! It looks like both of our Carrie/Kari's are a little on the air-headed side! :D

AaS, did you get the 3 pin set in the box like the one I got?

4. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I couldn't find it on the website. :_|

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I think you can only get that directly from the float company.

6. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Darn it! Curse my Oz buddies coming out during the only time I would have been able to work on the floats!

7. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Air-head? Yup. I don't drink coffee...

8. feltak

feltak Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005
    Ok have spoken to Valedakor (helen) and have signed up for the 3am to 10am shift on the 31st for me and my friend. We cant wait is anyone else working that shift?

The excitment level is building becuase I have been sick for so long I havent been able to come out to do much and now I am reenjoying life and its all cause of star wars.

Donald Rocky Morales

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Here's the link to an article about the SW float in the Rose Parade. (Thanks for the heads up, VK) It's from the San Gabriel Valley Tribune. From the sound of it, it seems that SW fan will be out in "Force" for the parade!

10. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Feltak, we are scheduled for the same shift. Thought you would like to know. Anyone else going to work on that day and shift? And I just got my Rose Parade pins. They are beautiful.

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    If I'm up to it, I'm working the 27th (I'm putting the padawan on a plane that morning :_| so I don't know), but for sure, I'm working 9-5 on the 29th and 3AM - 10AM on the 31st.

Hey JO. We officially have hotel reservations for the 31st! Rose Parade here we come!

12. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Woo Hoo! The entire Imperial Force couldn't stop us! Thanks for taking care of that, JF77. You're the best. [:D]

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    It wasn't easy, either! Orlando kept calling me and begging to let him get a room at the same hotel that you were staying in. How annoying is that?? If he keeps calling, I may have to change my number! Anyway, tell DM that you're safe 'cause I wouldn't even tell Mr. Bloom what hotel were staying at!! Now, if he gets Johnny to call for him we may have a problem!

14. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Looks like we are working the same two shifts. Looking forward to seeing you there.

(and Yup..ROSE PARADE HERE WE COME!!!)

15. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Hi Master Kenobi, are we working the same shift? I finally get to meet you! I think I need more info for that day on where I need to be and such.

16. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    LOL I know. He's kind of needy that way. I'll just have to have a talk with him. If he sees Johnny again I'll have him mention you to him. ;)

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    We're gonna have fun!!!

I just bought some cans of Silly String. Let the good times roll!o_O

18. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Silly String???? =P~

:_| Darnit, now I really hate living in the High Desert...I am totally out of the loop. Wonder how much it costs to move...
    NOT! I wouldn't move down the hill if I was paid for it. o_O

Okay, you guys had BETTER get lots and lots of pictures...and hey, wave and scream if you see a camera with Michigan J. Frog on it or marked 'CW'; that's the one I'll be watching. *praying reception stays clear* [face_praying]

19. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    FYI, I'll be working on the float(s) Friday, 12/29 during the late shift (6PM-12AM) and the Sunday, 12/31 early moring shift (3AM-10AM) with many of you.

However, I've decided to forego the parade so that my wife and I can enjoy the Disneyland Parks on New Year's Eve and Day. We haven't done this in a couple of years and really want to enjoy it again.

You know, when I heard about LucasFilm's presence in the parade, I said that if I would ever attend a Rose Parade, this would be the one. After considering the fact that I'm working on the floats and will be seeing them up-close when they're finished, and then dealing with the travel, parking, crowds, and cold, I'd prefer to spend the time with my favorite person, at our favorite place, at our favorite time of year.

I'll look for you guys on TV!

20. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Hey all

I am part of the LAFF. Was wondering where on the parade route you guys where going to hang out? I will donate cans of silly string.......

21. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    NO SILLY STRING AT THE PARADE. [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

Serious, too. [face_plain] Security will be on you guys in a heartbeat.

(And you guys are gonna be with me and I don't want to get in trouble for stuff you do. :p )

22. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Enjoy the parade folks, i'm going to pop along to see all the floats after the parade is done when they put them on display.

Enjoy Disneyland Larry!

23. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Yup finally going to get to meet up!!!!! Yea!!!!!! (or maybe a better quote would be:

"Yeeeeehaaaaa!!!!!" :D [face_laugh]

24. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    I am in the dark about where I am supposed to be and what not. Please help, you're my only hope. I am supposed to work the late shift on Saturday and Sunday. Where can I meet up with you guys for the parade and such? And are there still no light sabers allowed at the parade? Just want to know. I do have to work at my regular job from 6pm. to 10:45pm. on Saturday. Is that going to pose a problem, or should I try to call in sick? HELP!

25. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I'll e-mail you the address for the decorating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.