main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rose the Publican

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo Base, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I really love the idea of being introduced to a character earlier in the film, perhaps one that aids the heroes in some way, and then later we find out he/she is a Jedi. It would be a very cool way to introduce audiences to Luke's first apprentice or something. After all, it could be that anyone Luke trained after ROTJ was done in extreme secrecy. Perhaps Rose is this character. If Lupita is playing her, that would be great because it would indicate we'd be seeing her in future films too.

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    But she does not appear to be in it for that long. A couple of months back I thought that she was Rey's constant companion but now she does not appear to be on the desert planet or feature in the third act action sequences.

3. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    We really don't know what anyone's doing aside from Rey, Finn and Kylo during the final battle. We still need context.

She seems to join the fray some time in Act II.

4. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    1. Space Guinness. :D

2. All the best bartenders do

3. She owns many pubs across the GFFA - and the Big Bantha Burgers chain too

4. To hide from the British :p

5. Bartenders know everything

6. Bartenders know everyone ;)

Are you certain?

5. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

I would have thought that MSW would have mentioned something if she is involved in the rescue of Rey/destroying the Evil castle ground mission.

6. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Rose looks very old so is unlikely to be a student of Luke's. If these two had any interactions it's more likely to be the other way around. Maybe she is an Order 66 survivor (that last bit is speculation). She's also orange. :)

7. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    Rose is Vergere, you read it here first ;)

Shadojoker and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    If any Jedi survived the the OT other than Luke it would invalidate part of Luke's arc. He's the last. Even the guys for Rebels said they are aware of Luke's place as the last Jedi and weren't going to step on that (paraphrased).

starocean90 and Han Drolo like this.
  9. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Exactly. At most she should be a newly trained Jedi formerly apart of Luke's regretfully failed order.

10. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    I didn't watch Star Trek: The Next Generation very much but didn't Whoopi Goldberg's barmaid character also have mystical powers? I hope Rose's character is taken in a different direction from her's.

11. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

:eek:

Rose is Vergere.

[​IMG]

;)

Edit:

Kark you for beating me to this. [face_plain] :p

Han Drolo likes this.
  12. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    That would be neat.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

No, like all the characters in The Next Generation, she wasn't remotely interesting or serve any purpose.

Now, Quark ... that is a whole other matter [face_dancing]

It would be cool if Morn showed up in TFA - he was so freakin' awesome. Constantly stole the show. ^:)^

14. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    He'd probably have all the best lines. You'd never get him to shut up. :p

15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

True, but he knew how to deliver dialogue like no one else. :)

16. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    In LEGACY, Nat Skywalker was a fully-trained Jedi Master, but instead became a mechanic & made custom weapons.

Jedi surviving the OT does not invalidate part of Luke's arc. The Jedi Order is still shattered. Luke simply needs to believe he's the last, so he'll face Vader instead of seeking out another Jedi to either train him more despite Yoda's words or to pass the job of facing Vader to that other Jedi--in much the same way as Obi-Wan wanted to face Sidious rather than face Anakin in ROTS.

Luke being the last isn't important; his importance is in being the Chosen One's offspring and the (next-to-)last best hope for saving the galaxy because of that heritage. Yoda & Obi-Wan seemed to think it would be thru his training and the power he inherited, but really it was because his familial connection caused Anakin to turn back to the good side, and no other Jedi could've done that. Any other surviving Jedi would've been off the active playing field and in hiding anyway, most likely, or they'd attract the attention of Inquisitors and Sith.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    when are we going to see a former jedi who goes on to become an accountant?

Echo Base likes this.
  18. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

My guess would be that that is the plot of the spin off - leaves the Order to go to business school and becomes a true hero of the galaxy by helping moisture farmers invest more wisely than just gambling on pod races.

A kind of adaptation of the The Bicycle Repairman story :)

19. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    12 survivors of Order 66 went on to become CPAs. Three were wildly successful and retired in peace; one tried a mind trick on a Toydarian to get him ignore what the CPA was skimming off the top, and was arrested by Imperial authorities--tho his Jedi status was never proven and he died in the spice mines of Kessel shortly after the Battle of Yavin--and 7 more led largely-unremarkable middle-class lives, with only two occasionally having to move shop and change identity due to ISB agents sniffing around. The final CPA...she was the only one exposed as a Jedi, because she was recommended highly by an associate of the Inquisitor, and he sensed something amiss when he came to do his taxes.

20. The Revanchist

The Revanchist Jedi Padawan star 1

May 27, 2013
    Could this character have anything to do with Rose?
    Or maybe this is Naka?
    [​IMG]

21. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I guess After What Abrams said about some rumors being true and some being totally false any rumors we hear we have to at least consider?

22. SLASHAXL

SLASHAXL Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2005
    I reckon Rose is a Jedi knight, and the pub is actually a secret Jedi Temple or Jedi base of sorts.

The general feeling I get from the spoilers, is that the lines between the Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire have become blurry. Traitors/Informers on both sides probably make it difficult for the Jedi Council to operate in the open. We know the offspring of other leading characters have been forced to live in secret.

Rose may actually be the only person who knows where Luke is,

23. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Rose? Seriously? Why not call her Heather or Joyce or something. Too familiar.

24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Its probably just a codename like Kira

25. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Yes, I am presuming that is Rose as that scene is probably in the tunnel under the pub. The lightsabre has been lit and, by its glow, the backstory is about to be told. We fade to a flashback...

The Revanchist likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.