main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rose the Publican

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Echo Base, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It's doubtful that that's Rose's final look, either; look at BB-8 and he is significantly different than what we saw in the trailer. Rose has probably changed at least a little, too. Isn't she supposed to be orange-skinned? Hard to tell what she is in this pic because of the blue cast of the lightsaber, but it isn't orange (check out the orange on BB-8 for comparison); more likely it's either green or blue here.

2. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Or Luke, or Ben... ;)

Hoggsquattle, Revanfan1 and Echo Base like this.
  3. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    I don't think so if MakingStarWars is correct because his location is meant to be in those encrypted co-ordinators. Maybe, though, she is able to provide one fragment of the code or provide some clue that sends them on the next leg of their journey.

SLASHAXL likes this.
  4. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

I'm thinking this sequence is pretty much Rey running into the woods. She gets captured by Kylo. That leads Finn and Han to rescue her at the castle. So, it seems Rey gets captured but we had it in the wrong part of the story?

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  5. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Actually I take that back: BB-8 meets up with Rey but she is watching as the bad guys descend on the good castle.

How do we get to the evil castle though? Rey and BB-8 seem separated from the group. Finn/Rose/Han will probably fight their way out..

I don't know, its kinda confusing...

6. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  7. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    You got me there. [face_blush]

DarthLightlyBruise and Echo Base like this.
  8. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Now, this IS the Star Wars story we all want :)

Ben, Finn, Luke - even Han (Asian cultures)...

... however, it does imply that the flower exists in the GFFA - that I think is a no-no.

9. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I don't know.. Rose shows Han, Finn and Rey the vision (flashback).

Rey gets het up and runs from the Pub/Good Castle into the woods.

BB-8 goes after Rey (He's the only one that knows she has gone presumably because the others are in a trance-like state).

Kylo and his Stormtroopers attack the Pub/Good Castle.

Then.....

I'm presuming that Kylo captures Rey here and takes her back to the Evil Castle for a bit of family bonding (and lots of exposition).

Han, Finn, Chewie (and BB-8??) escape the Good Castle and fly to the Evil Castle to blow it up and rescue Rey.

10. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006

I forgot, one of those 7 did have at least one moment you could consider remarkable... he attended a costume party at Jabba's Palace as Boba Fett, but he wasn't able to get a good helmet to complete the outfit.
    [​IMG]

11. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah, I don't know. But I think the vision is over when Rey leaves. The lightsaber triggers her fleeing. Maybe they don't notice cause Rose is in deep conversation with Finn/Han. My guess is that its Han since he is an argumentative sort.

I can't say whether or not Rey gets captured though. I'm pretty sure BB-8 ends up with Han/Finn co though. So maybe Rey gets captured and BB-8 escapes.

12. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Yes, but does the franchise really need more interesting events - fans are tired of epic galaxy spanning events and mythical adventures.

It is time for the Saga to more relatable and grounded....

[​IMG]

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    CGI-BOBAFENT and Echo Base like this.
  14. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Thanks - so maybe he is making a new cameo in this film, too, if the rumour in SW7News is correct.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  15. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    This wouldn't be a bad idea!!! A huge swerve too and possible future villain. They did say that the main villian KNEW Sidious..hmm naw

werpudel likes this.
  16. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008

From what I understand, Han thinks Rose will know where Luke is. She doesn't. But she knows the sword is important and after the attack she is up for helping them find Luke. She's the one that could probably do it. At the end of the film, BB-8, C-3PO, and R2-D2 decode something that acts as a map allowing Rey to find Luke. So I assume its the saber itself.

I theorize that the saber is important to both sides because its the golden ticket for the good guys. The one worthy of the sword will probably get trained by Luke. But the bad guys want to finish what was started many years ago. They want the Golden Ticket to murder Willy Wonka so to speak

Echo Base, SLASHAXL and starocean90 like this.
  17. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    is the saber Luke's green or another???
    how does the saber even contain a map to Luke??? at what point did Luke put the map or is it somebody else???

also why murder Willy Wonka if he's been out of the game???

18. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks to the ROTJ sticker collection Hermi Odle has always been a favourite background guy, for some reason his sticker always stood out (oddly he was one of the only creature beyond the max rebo band to get a sticker) Awesome news, hope it pans out.

[​IMG]

19. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008

Is the saber green? I don't know. Its blue or green in the concept art. I don't think that was a choice they really needed to make up front. The concept art would show either of Luke's sabers. The rumors said it was Luke's saber. The documents just call it The Sword.

How does the saber contain a map to Luke? I don't know. That's my theory. In early Empire scripts, Luke found Yoda when he took his saber apart and it had a talisman that lead him to Yoda. It just feels like that's the case here but its digital and the droids decode the riddle.

While Luke appears to be out of the game, he's clearly a threat as evidenced by the end of this film. The apprentice gets to him and now there's going to be some problems for the Empire and Uber after a few years of evil prosperity. Fear. Revenge. There's a lot of easy reasons we can come up with why they want to kill Luke. Hell, in The Phantom Menace we only got the implication of why Darth Maul wanted revenge and that was enough for that movie at that time. Hopefully if The Force Awakens' backstory doesn't imply why they want to get Luke, the opening crawl does.

20. Michaea

Michaea Jedi Knight

Nov 29, 2014

I see. So both the heroes and the villains are trying to find Luke? That is the reason Kylo and company are after the lightsaber?

21. SLASHAXL

SLASHAXL Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2005
    There is a variety of reasons why the Empire would want to find Luke Skywalker,
    1. He is probably seen by the Empire as been responsible for the death of Emperor Palpaltine, Darth Vader and the Death Star ( Likely known as to wider Imperial community as an Imperial Star destroyer ). Many Imperial supporters likely still see Luke Skywalker as Terrorist or rebel, who threatens the Empire within which they live.

2. He is the Last Jedi Master alive, and is likely more powerful than any other "living" or "Mortal" force user in the Galaxy. This combination of his force power and his knowledge ability to create a new Jedi order make him a huge threat to the Empire.

As for the Rebel Alliance or Republic

I don't think they were actively searching for Luke Skywalker, we not until this Lightsaber or Crystal surfaces and they need Luke's help.

22. werpudel

werpudel Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2008
    alright! so now we can start theorizing who'll play Lumiya in EP VIII *lol*

23. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Friends. What Rose picked up Luke Temple massacre. It was an artifact or a saber. She took and hid?

24. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    By the way, I wonder if she serves blue milk to non-drinkers at her pub? ;)

25. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Is the pub in the forest?:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.