main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Roseanna update (GREAT NEWS!!!)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Wildstar02301, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I caught Roseanna (starwarschick14), the Boston Rebels' former chapter rep, on AIM (via ICQ for me) briefly this afternoon. She wanted me to pass along that she's doing great, and that she's returning to Boston around the end of the month for the upcoming school year. Hopefully, that means she'll be able to attend MIS events in the near future.

Party time!!! [face_dancing]

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    glad to hear Rosie is doing better and will be back in the area. Hopefully she will be able to attend meets and have fun with us again.

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hi everyone! :)

I'm sorry I've been so out of touch. My time at home has been extremely painful with the loss of my father and the end of the most promising relationship I've ever had, and when I go through stuff like that I tend to shut people out and become extremely antisocial. Some of you PMd me during this time and I'm very sorry that I'm just now seeing them. I really regret not reaching out to a lot of you during this time when it probably would've been better for my mental health to have friendly support, but I am grateful that I still see a lot of familiar faces here after a year and a half and I hope to spend a lot of time with you guys during my last year at MIT (no, really this time).

The news isn't all bad though. I'm relatively healthy. I forget when I last updated people, but I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia shortly after I came home, and now that I know what's wrong with me I'm having much better luck controlling my condition. I haven't been ill with anything really in over a year now, a big change from the constant attacks on my immune system before. I completed a semester at my local branch of Kent State University and got straight A's in 3 classes while also keeping 2 jobs. My jobs are in the lovely world of retail but they're at two of my favorite places to shop, and I will still be working at one of them when I come back to Boston. That'll be an interesting change and it will be nice to have a job ready for me when I come back.

I'll be moving in Sunday, September 2nd, after driving all night from Ohio. Right now I'm placed into a different dorm than the one I lived in for 4 years, which I'm not happy about, but if a cancellation happens before then I get the space. So we'll see. Classes start that Wednesday. I just signed up for my T pass, which is all different now and costs twice as much as it did before. A little annoyed about that. And the higher commuter rail fares don't make me happy either, but oh well - I'll make the sacrifice to come see you guys. :)

I have a very hard year ahead of me and I'm nervous out of my mind, but being healthy and feeling a little more confident will help a lot. That and having you guys to distract me. :)

And finally, I'm very happy to see us all one big happy family here. Guess I don't have to renew that Boston Rebels domain name this year? :)

4. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Oh, and I demand updates from every single one of you! I'm sure I missed a lot while I was gone. Post them here or PM, pretty please. :)

5. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    WB SWChick14!

I know we haven't met in person yet but, I am glad to hear that you are doing so much better. I am sorry for the loss of your Dad.... that must have been so very hard to endure.

Good luck this year at MIT. I am sure that you will do wonderful!

Can't wait to meet you in the next few months!

6. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Looking forward to meeting you! :)

I feel like such an idiot for asking this, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add this board to my favorites. Isn't there a button somewhere?? Help please. :mad:

7. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    At the top of my screen, I have a button called "favorites". Click on that and it should give you a drop down screen on which you can name the favorite and then click add.

Hope that helps.

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Welcome back!!! Glad to hear that you're not getting sick like you were before. Yeah... A lot has happened since you moved back to Ohio. Not sure if you were still around when the Foxboro guys started up their own boards but as you can see, things have been merged back together again. Just one BIG happy family.
    I'm still bouncing around the boards, still haven't made it to a meet [face_blush], maybe I'll be at Megafest this year (really... I'm trying). Anyway, good luck with the trip back!

9. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Glad to hear you're feeling healthy once again Rosie and that you'll be back here in a few weeks. Hope the move back goes well.

Keep us updated.:)

10. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Hi Rosie :D

I believe I knew about your father's passing, and I believe I signed the online guest book at the time to give my condolences. :(

Things have been pretty status quo here, except that I was once in command of Blue Squadron, and that club has also recently undergone a consolidation, so now I'm Executive Officer of Red Squadron, the only squad left on the Morning Star.

I put up my own homepage (see my profile...homepage also has a recent photo), and rediscovered the joy of bowling (ten-pin...the form of the game you're more familiar with). I started a blog to journalize my attempt to return to leagues, and there's a link to it on the "Bowling" page of my homepage.

I wish you well in your final year at MIT, and I hope to be able to help make it memorable. :D

EDIT: I also put myself on a diet and walking program less than 18 months ago, and I've lost a bit shy of 40 lbs. in that time. I get a lot of compliments from the gang around my apartment building and from friends and family on the weight loss.

My best friend Ed, who you probably met at Supermegafest 2004, got married in the spring, as well, and I was in the wedding party as one of the ushers. I've become good friends with the bride's family since then. :D

11. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    welcome back Rosie glad to see ya posting again. sorry to hear about your father.

for me a lot has changed my wife gave birth to our first child Spencer in Nov and he has been growing like a weed.

hope to see you again soon it is nice to know other people from Ohio are out here. I miss that state from time to time.

Jorge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.